.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 1st, 2008, 05:22 AM

Sergeant

Nikelaos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hall of Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
Quote:
Thelvyn said:
I love this post thread... and in that spirit I took a little theme screen-shot..

this is someone you just gotta say "DOOOOH!!" when you meet in them in the Arena Death Match

-Thel
How did you manage to get him?
you can wish for a doom horror however after some time they tend to just leave.

Now if only there was a fully geared up cyclops in the arena with our doom horror, that would be fully DOH and the reason pretenders shouldn't go to the arena.
Old November 1st, 2008, 09:45 AM

Sergeant

Kheldron is on a distinguished road

I once recruited a water mage mercenary and started to empower him from scratch up to blood 3 to summon the ice devils...then forgot to bid on him when he was finally ready !
As no one had tried to bid on him, he was lost forever

Last edited by Kheldron; November 1st, 2008 at 09:49 AM..
Old November 1st, 2008, 10:49 AM

First Lieutenant

Illuminated One is on a distinguished road

In my first game I had a imprisoned rainbow alchemist with low dominion and scales and incredible high magic (like 9 Astral and 4 in every other path without items) to try all the cools spells I couldn't try in the demo. He had a staff of elements, a ring of wizardry, a ring of sorcery, some armor, a bottle of life and cast twiceborn.

One day I wanted to bring him back to my capital, but why walk when can teleport, call horrors and return?

I gave him three pearls some blood slaves and scripted him like this:
Power of the spheres (to get +1 Blood to reduce fatigue)
Call Horror
Call Horror
Return

When I opened the messages on the next turn I saw that he died.
I watched the battle and saw that everything worked like it should until he should have cast return. Instead he just cast damage spells.
I opened his description and saw that he had only one pearl left. Apparently he had used a pearl that was intended for the returning to reduce a riducolous fatigue of about 10 and trapped himself in a province with enemy dominion, a large enemy army and two horrors...
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

I record this one for posterity as a reminder to check your fort admin scores before laying down a fort -

I built a fort adjacent to a province where I had set up a lab and temple to recruit indie mages. No big deal.

Unfortunately, this province had another adjacent fort, the combination of which sent my resources in the indie recruiting zone down to zero.

So its either forget about the indie mages and the 900 gold invested in recruiting infrastructure, or tear down the 1200 gp / 5 turns to make walls Mr. Gorbachev.

Doh!!!!!
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:29 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Hey, just build another fort on the indy mages! You can never have enough forts .
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old November 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Good point though in this case it might be throwing good money after bad since the indies in question were simple shamans to get me N1 access, and it would be cheaper to build a temple and lab (900) on another province than pony up for another fort. Although once i have more money it could make sense to throw a fort on their just for recruiting more national mages.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old November 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM

General

Yep, the only reason not to throw up another fort would be if (A) it would prevent you from recruiting more capitol-only units (if one of the 2 existing provinces is your capitol) or (B) if it's a lab on the front lines where you need to sit a bunch of mages who are there for defense, but you'd like to have them research instead of patrol.

Oh yeah, (C): If you haven't got the cash!
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:19 AM

General

My most recent and most tragic entry into the HoD:

Dr Doom, the death turkey, had cast Burden of Time, and then after empowering, Utterdark too. Wait a sec, why am I wasting this Starshine Cap on him when he's just summoning some longdead horse! If I give it to this other guy, he can cast Send Lesser Horror, and I might get a free upgrade to a real Horror, since AC is up.

Yeah, that's a good idea!

Well, it would have been if Dr Doom had S2, but he was only S1. And a horrible Horror objected to his little summoning spell, and Dr Doom could not follow his returning script, so he just raised a few skeletons. And that was the end of Dr Doom.

DOH!
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:35 AM

General

Oh, I wish there was an icon that appeared on units that have cast a Dome somewhere. Even when I've renamed them (something hopefully inconspicuous like "Dominic" or "Domex" or "Domar" to avoid assassination), I accidentally send them off to die a horrible death in battle, and lose my Domes. Doh!
Old July 8th, 2009, 10:13 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Backwards. Emod. I get asked what my names mean all the time = )