winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Mods
Notices

Old December 10th, 2020, 01:37 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new discoverys

Just a little idea I had:
Everyone knows that the German toe is completely full. Recently I remembered that the Fallschirmjäger in this game are weirdly split up, with 3 "normal" inf groups and 3 lmg groups. Now afaik the FJG Squad had two light machine guns in real life. Is this ingame organisation some kind of holdover from an earlier version of the game that lacked the "2 MG34" / "2 MG42" weapons?
Because it seems like the TOE could be streamlined by getting rid of the lmg teams and instead just giving the infantry teams two lmgs. No idea how much other trouble this would cause on older scenarios, but might be a possibility to clear up space in the German list.
Old December 10th, 2020, 02:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

It would only open 5 slots and create problems I have no interest in creating for myself. If those were removed then every formation that uses them would need to be redone by adding an extra FJg Gruppe so that what was two separate units would now be one in the formation

The FJg LMG Grp was put in (IIRC from 22 years ago) to give the FJ a bit more flexibility and firepower for deployment by dividing up one FJg Gruppe to create 2 FJg LMG Grp ( like USMC fireteams ) so we could dumb down the game to "gain" 5 slots but every scenario and campaign that currently uses FJg would need to be redone AND they would have to be redone creatively because what was two units is now one unit would be missing from the unit ID list for every scenario and campaign that uses them.

Not to mention the FJg LMG [G] is as formtion that only uses the units that would be removed which leaves gaps in higher formations that use it which would have to be tracked down and redone

And for what ? To gain 5 slots.......what exactly are we missing from the game that would benfit by having those 5 slots ? There are already 3 empty ones in the current OOB and have been for a couple of years

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old December 10th, 2020, 02:30 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Ok, makes sense then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post:
Old December 24th, 2020, 09:01 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
some I may use where they might be useful to the game but I can find no info anywhere on a Nakaima copy of the SPAD 51
Nakaima 51C1
This is were I found this No photo only this schematics from Czech model manufacturer

https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/45036065008287126/
Old December 24th, 2020, 09:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
some I may use where they might be useful to the game but I can find no info anywhere on a Nakaima copy of the SPAD 51
Nakaima 51C1
This is were I found this No photo only this schematics from Czech model manufacturer

https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/45036065008287126/
When I Google "Nakaima 51C1" nothing much comes back which for Japanese aircraft is highly unusual. The only thing is a copy of the one you found

https://www.net-maquettes.com/az-mod...l-legato-7226/

so I'm thinking this was something the Japanese evaluated only. They did that alot in the 20's but there is no mention of even that on any source about the SPAD

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 26th, 2021, 01:58 PM

First Lieutenant

Disk Re: new discoverys

I d'like to add some research about PZL P-X Puławski fighter series especially in outside Poland service. Most of the icons already existing inside game so was necessary just to add small number of them and some pictures. I also add research OOB for tests.

Just the new icons without this already inside game

Poland

early prototypes like
PZL P-1
PZL P-6
PZL P-7 prototypes
PZL P-8
PZL P-11 prototype

There is also PZL P-11a which was manufactured in number aroud 30 and was a somothing like hybrid between P-7a&P-11c has P-7a parts of hull but engine like P-11.

P-11g Kobuz was an interim fighter build in spring of 1939 P-11c hull and wings. Engine which was stocked for PZL P-50 Jastrząb and because problems with this new fighter prototype In spring 1939 was made decision to produce this hybrids. Manufacturing started but they were not finished until september 1939. Only one was completed and used in fights 11 September 1939. Rest of the series uncompleted were lost. Propably Germans when captured PZL factory send them to scrap.

PZL P-24 protoptypes which was base for export aircraft in factory until 1939. P-24bis prototype with french 20mm guns sold to Abisynia (modern Ethiopia in 1936) as legend said was moust modern aircraft which they have during war against Italy.

PZL P-24F & H & J were models proposed by PZL for polish airforce in late 30th with french engines never acepted by Military aviation to serial production. Because there were concept of moder fighter P-50 Jastrząb. Shortly before war in summer PZL
was asked for manufacture P-24J for Poland but was alredy too late to start production.

Romania

Bigest user of polish aircraft before war they buy in Poland PZL P-11b and PZL P-24E. Manufactured their own IAR P-11f and IAR P-24E and their enginers based on P-24 license and parts designed their own IAR-80 ultimate evolution of P-X planes line.

As a neutral country in 1939 they interned many Polish aircraft from 1939 and used them in their AF during war.

PZL P-7a polish interned they were quite obsolete used as a trainers and strafing
- ground atack in early Barbarossa around Odessa and in Besarabia then after 1941 only as trainers

PZL P-11a also polish interned used in ground atack role like P-7a then relegated to training only

PZL P-11b their own obsolete aircraft used together with P-7a&P-11a then after 1941 only for training

IAR P-11f romunian manufactured aircraft equal to P-11c with french engine used as fighter and ground atack role in Barbarossa
and then on Crimea until half of 1942 then relegated as trainer and taken back in 1944 to active duty
during Romania homeland defense again in ground atack role.

PZL P-11c
polish interned aircrafts they were used together with P-11f last time in desperate defense in 1944

PZL P-24E & IAR P-24E Romania buy them as a aircraft which was a base for construction of their own IAR-80
and as a interim fighter. They were in use until half of 1942 in southern Ukraine and Crimea. Then relegated to training
and taken back to defend Romania in 1944.

Hungary

Has one P-11a interned and shortly used in their AF then relegated as gilder tug

Germany

The have captured on Dęblin airfield around 10 P-7a intact which they used in their training school. Itrestingly they haven't taken any number of P-11 because they were wreckage or escaped to neutral countries. So they only have one P-11c in museum in Berlin

Soviet Union

They captured a small number of P-11c and P-7a more than one piece but propably not more than 10 they also captured in 1940 this which were interned in Latvia 1939. Because type was not intresting for research old aircraft they were used as trainers untill barbarossa when were lost.

Turkey

They buy aircraft from Poland three models PZL P-24A &C&G they also buy license and manufactured them in factory TFK used as a fighters until 1943 then as a trainers. They still have 2 of them in museum. Model C is intresting because was only P-24 with 20mm guns which has also bombs.

Greece

They buy in Poland aircrafts in variants PZL P-24A &F &G they were in silver natural finish until Italian agresion in November 1940
Then repainted in camo. Around February 1941 there were lack of ammo and spare parts for french 20mm guns so F variant start to be rearmed to 4x 7.92mm MG
Also around that times Greek roundels was painted by camo on top of wings like in soviet war camo schematics. Last working Greek fighter were evacuated to Alexandria from Crete when island fall.

Bulgaria

They buy in Poland aircraft PZL P-24B &F last delivered in August 1939 with 20mm canons used until summer 1944 in last years as a trainers when they were totally obsolete. Saw some combat aginst comunist partisants in 1944 in ground atack role. Never used against American bombers in 1944 were then too slow.

Abisynia

One Prototype P-24bis sold to this country 1936 legends say that were used then as fighter and ground-atack role during war with Italian and there lost. Italian did not capture any P-24. Poland also has good international relations with Italy before war so is possible that such transaction was kept secret.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PZL Pulawski figter.zip (527.7 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by blazejos; January 26th, 2021 at 02:09 PM..
Old January 27th, 2021, 11:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: new discoverys

I have moved this thread to MODS as it has devolved into a MODS thread. Any further posts like the one above need to be in the MODs thread where they belong. I am really ( really ) not interested in putting captured training aircraft into the official game OOBs even if they might-maybe have been used in combat at some point. Anyone who feels different can pick them up and use them in their own custom OOB with the tools provided with the game.

Old March 12th, 2021, 04:47 PM

First Lieutenant

This new icons are probably not worth much because they represents trainers meaby except Ethiopian P-24. But if you looked inside OOB there were aircraft used in normal combat.
Especially in my opinion worth to consider P-7/P-11/P-24 in Romanian service in ground attack role in early Barbarossa and then in 1944 they have their own P-11b/IAR P-11f/IAR P-24E and most of ex-Polish aircraft which wasn't destroyed in 1939 P-7a/P-11c.
Turkey aircraft in Blue/Green OOB that was standard fighter in this country 1937-1942 in three version. They have also only version of aircraft with 20mm & bombs
Greece I made more precise versions and change of painting after Italian invasion from silver to Green-Brown also without Greek roundels on top of wings like in soviets aircraft's after German invasion probably not applied an all aircraft's. And also is covered fact that there were not enough spare parts to 20mm canons and this variant were rearmed to MG only close to the end of Greece defensive war.
Bulgaria has two variants one with 20mm guns and second with MG that was main fighter of this country 1938-1941. Bulgarians fighters saw no major fights until 1944 when they were obsolete and used in ground attack role against communists partisans similar to usage by Romanians.

BTW P-24 was most widely exported and used Polish aircraft in pre-war times and that is why try to fine-tune data about versions and onboard weapons.

Last edited by blazejos; March 12th, 2021 at 05:33 PM..