.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Land of Legends

Old October 6th, 2005, 07:10 PM

Corporal

Sammas is on a distinguished road
Default nullpixels vs sammas

Map: (some horrid map with towns in a circle around a central town which has hills on both sides of it)
nullpixels: Random-Orc
sammas: Random-Afflicted

Ok, I have to say that I was feeling pretty confident about this one, since I had believed Orc to be the weakest race, and Afflicted one of the best (along with Gnomes). Null expanded with raiders, followed by a few mystics. That proved a problem for me, since Afflicted's best expansion units are Hags, which Raiders counter fairly well. Due to this, Null was able to force me off the central city and take a 1 town advantage. He then massed wyverns, which I fought with hags on the central hills. Null's use of second wind gave him the positional advantage he needed to deny me another town while increasing his forces. Once he had enough strength to take a fifth town, it was all over. gg
Old October 7th, 2005, 01:32 AM

Private

SargusBane is on a distinguished road
Default Re: nullpixels vs sammas

I found that the best counter for raiders were the plaguebearer. They can kill the raiders in one hit plus 1/2 a turn. Anyways, it is basically a kill neverless. The leper is great against the wyvern riders. However, that healing sure bugs me at time. As long as you kill the raiders as soon as they appear on the field with the plaguebearer you should be able to hold the expansion of the orcs.

Afflicted are powerful but their healing abilities have a huge disadvantage and they tend to be limit to killing lower and mid level units. They upper units are just a bit too hard for the afflicted to kill well. Hence the battle plan for the afflicted should be to limit the other play from being able to make the upper unit.

Orcs are awesome at enduring the war. The poison is very effective, the healing of the wyvern is very helpful and the damage of the orge coupled with the mystic ability to second win can help turn the tide of the battle. For example, I made a mystic on turn 10 and on turn 11 I made an orge and used the mystic to second wind him. Then brought the orge just a few square short of the current battle front. On turn 12 my orge was already in position to attack right away! I have also use the mystic to second wind an orge that already attacked and moved it on to the city that it just opened up with it's attack. Anyways, you can see how versitle the orcs are from these few example.
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:05 AM

Corporal

Sammas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: nullpixels vs sammas

Yeap I had a few plaguebearers out for that purpose, however if the raiders are on a town they don't die because the town healing negates plague. Then it's an easy kill on the plaguebearer, since he has only range 1

You should come online sometime - you might find I'm your match