.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 9th, 2009, 08:20 AM

Corporal

onomastikon is on a distinguished road
Default OT: Three small questions

Hello People,

my apartment was broken into and tons of stuff has been stolen. I have recently reacquired a new computer (Windows 7) and have been sorting through CDs I have been finding, looking for data that I migfht have backed up.

I found the Dominions3 manual with the key, but not the CD yet, but that will hopefull come up soon (I cant imagine it was stolen). But what I did find was this:

- the game "Arcanum", unused and unopened. I opened it and installed it, wanting to see how it runs on my new machine, but no luck -- it installs fine, and the launcher works, but the program will not run out of the box. I did a search, and found this thread on Gamespot from 2001 (gamespot thread) and I tried following those instructions, but it appears that none of the files are still on those servers, or maybe I am too stupid. I am NOT looking for a no-cd crack or anything like that, I have the original disks and just want to get it going -- does anyone have an idea? Is this a problem with Win 7?

- Windows 7 seems to run ok, but one thing I cannot figure out: Does anyone know how you can adjust the language so that English is the default, while still maintaining the settings for local region and keyboard (both Germany)? That was easy in Vista, but I cant get it going here. Google keeps insisting it wants to translate everything for me into German, all the windows terminology is in German (e.g. "Eigene Dateien" for whatever the original is, perhaps personal documents), it drives me crazy. Any tips?

- I cannot seem to get to add programs to the taskbar -- it only shows active ones. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your support in this troubling time for me
peace
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM

BANNED USER

Omnirizon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Three small questions

it looks like these are instructions (in english) to change the language settings in win 7

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...-new-accounts/