Brigadier General

Richard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beta Testers Needed!

Hey I may even test
Old July 9th, 2014, 12:43 PM

Corporal

Louist is on a distinguished road

I'm about to head off for two weeks of kayaking and hiking in Norway, and won't be returning home until July 20th. That said, if your test should last so long, or if it isn't beginning immediately, I'd be available and willing to help.

I've done closed and non-preorder beta testing before (Sword of the Stars: Born of Blood, Conquest of Champions, Ultima Online), as well as a countless number of open and pre-order "betas."

I'm a roguelike fan (I have Dungeon of Dredmor running as we speak, and in the last two weeks alone I've loaded up Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Tiles, Dungeon of the Endless, and The Binding of Isaac. Weird Worlds of Infinite Space is one of the few space roguelike/lites I've played, though it has been some time.

If I am around in time for the test, I can likely contribute 10-15 hours a week for two or three weeks. Once the semester starts up again, I can't promise I'll have much time.
Old July 9th, 2014, 12:57 PM

Private

Jeku is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I used to be a game tester at Electronic Arts before becoming a software engineer in the games industry. Now I'm not in the games industry professionally any longer, but I still eat/sleep/breathe gaming and would love to help test.

I can devote roughly 10-15 hours a week if needed because my fiance lives out of the country right now!

Thanks,

- Jake
Old July 9th, 2014, 02:03 PM

Private

Faithful is on a distinguished road

I would like to be considered as well. I have tested a couple games, but I am not what one would consider experienced at it.
I have played many games over the years and I could give a couple hours a day at it and likely a little more on the weekends.
Thanks for the mail and the offer no matter how it turns out.
Old July 9th, 2014, 02:07 PM

Private

nicklemarr is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Beta Testers Needed!

I'm working pretty steadily, but I'm willing to give one hour a day to testing and reports.
Old July 9th, 2014, 03:31 PM

Private

dimovski is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've been alpha tester of WoWP and closed beta tester of WarThunder. I played lots of strategies, from WinSPWW2 to Battles in Normandy, War in the East, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, Victoria etc. Obviously I also played 4X space games, like Endless Space is, for example. I'd like to beta test this new game (well if I don't have to pay for the beta right away :P ) and I should have a couple o' hours to spare per week for it.
Old July 9th, 2014, 03:50 PM

Private

Betaman2014 is on a distinguished road

Yes add me! I was a Beta Tester for Star Trek Birth of the Federation. Space Empire IV and V, and Star Fury.

Yes I am familiar! Play the game and look for bugs. Document the bug, and then report it. Also report on playability, improvements etc.

Thanks
Old July 9th, 2014, 03:58 PM

Private

GiftedSailor is on a distinguished road

I would like to included as a beta tester. I have never beta tested for anyone prior to this. I have approximately 25 hours available per week for beta testing.
Old July 9th, 2014, 04:55 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Not entirely certain what you mean by "rogue-like" but it is my favorite RPG class by far! Let the fools use brute force!

I've been playing, testing, and designing war games and RPGs since the early 1970's and am currently retired so time I have in abundance. That being the case I've been beta testing various games (such as Wasteland 2) and have recently rebuilt an OOB for one of your other products (WinSPMBT).

I'm retired military with a BS in Comp Sci so have a good understanding for what's going on "behind the scenes" in games so can usually provide feed-back on "how" and "why" as well as "what".

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old July 9th, 2014, 05:03 PM

Private

Whiterabbit-uk is on a distinguished road

Hi, Please add my name to the roll of Beta testers. I've been beta testing games for several years now following an accident in 2005 that left me unemployable. This means I have a lot of time on my hands, so can devote a good amount of time to beta testing when I have a game to test.

I started beta testing mods and maps for games like Battlefield 2 Battlefield 2142 (also Beta Tested the game for DICE) and Crysis. I did some beta testing for Codemasters (The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar), while working with several modders for those games. Then went on to beta test for several arcade and Indie developers such as Alawar Games (I beta tested around 15 games for them e.g. Strike Ball 3, Finding Doggy etc), 2DBoy (World of Goo) and Dejobaan Games (AaAAaaAAAa: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity) as well as a few others. I've signed up for several public Beta tests over the last few years, the last one being Elder Scrolls Online. At the moment I'm not involved in any beta testing, just spending my time playing my large collection of games (check my Steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Whiterabbit01/ ), I also write a game review each weekend for the Gamegiveawayoftheday project (they give away arcade games each weekend) as well as admin their forums and moderate the game site.

I will always submit a written report of any problems found and where appropriate include screen captures and video footage of the problems. I'll also add suggestions where applicable.

Regards

Whiterabbit aka Stephen

Last edited by Whiterabbit-uk; July 9th, 2014 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: spelling errors