.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 19th, 2008, 12:28 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestions for the next patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
Endoperez:

I think otherwise, it would be very easy - just tie some units to lab and some to fort. If you want national mages you need fort + lab. With fort you just have scouts and military leaders. Of course it would require rethinking of some commanders, but there are probably less than 10 total in 3 ages, so no huge problem.
I bolded the difficult part.

Clarification:
Theoretically, it could be done, but changing such a basic part of the game code would require extensive testing to make sure it doesn't cause any major new bugs (like exploits allowing you to build infinite number of commanders, or commanders for free, or to somehow get more gold/resources from cancelling commander recruitments that last for over a turn due to unsufficient resources, or cause problems with recruitment of some units, or allow recruitment of commanders in provinces without a fort and/or a lab in spesific cases like during siege, etc etc), so it's pretty certain it won't happen.

Last edited by Endoperez; November 19th, 2008 at 12:31 PM..
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:47 PM

First Lieutenant

Illuminated One is on a distinguished road

What would be kind of cool would be a commander recruitment pool.
Still only one is recruited per turn but the game would automatically know which commander to recruit on the next turn.
Old November 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road

For sp a chime or gong to ring when the turn is ready. Typically i alt tab and i am doing other things while the game hosts. it would be nice for a sound effect to give notce when the new turn is ready.
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:06 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

1. I agree with all who suggested monthly forge command.
2. It would be nice to get icons for stats such as ambidexterity, etc.
3. Some (mostly old) units have things listed in their descriptions which aren't (longer?) in their stats. The first which comes to mind is that Dwarves and (at least some) Cyclops are described as being master smiths while they do not get Forge bonus. Even 5% would be appropriate - or descriptions should be fixed.
4. I would like to see some positive (increase growth/taxes/production) province-wide spells - probably in Nature element...
5. I would be good to have a possibility to save ingame messages for future turns - it will help to track diplomacy/trade status at least... Speaking of which, I would like to have a possibility to see existing NAPs/alliances, say, on "Pretenders of the World" screen - even if I'll have to mark these by hand!
Old December 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I dont see a newer generic wishlist. Nor a new encapsulated wishlist on the new official forums. So I guess just to put a marker down, in case it hasnt been mentioned yet...

It would be great if the #ally command in Dom3 would recognize human players. It works great so that AIs dont attack their AI allies. Mostly Id like to see it because it would allow us to set it when we make a special map for multiplay involving teams. Especially teams with newbs and vets together. That way if a newb went AI, they wouldnt attack their teammates.

Of course, I also wouldnt mind that it would allow human players to team with AIs at the start of the game like Illwinters new game allows. That would be nice too.

This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:28 PM

Sergeant

Samhain is on a distinguished road

If possible, I would like the brief message in the message list to indicate success. For instance, "Zanzibar found one or more sites with Haruspex" or "Zanzibar did not find a new site with Haruspex".

I would find it more helpful if the "go to province" link that follows a site search spell brief message took you to the searched province, not the commander.

For blood nations in particular, it would save a great deal of micro-mangement if the Transfer Magic Resources window allowed pooling a magic resource from all the commanders in the same province to one.

Unit counts including total kills would be nice to have for the messages describing storm castle battles just as they are in the messages for the other types of battles.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road

Sam
Ditto.

Other things (many mentioned before)
In game message editor. Nothing like role playing a long and important message and realizing the early part of the missive is littered with typos. In the same vein... Seamless summaries of what you are sending to who.

Enhanced Sorting on f1 screen.

How about thematic map overlays for dominion/scale level and even multiple-turn propagation (like a radar map).

While we're dreaming... My favorite. Cut scenes for statistically insane battle events. The vanilla commander taking down a bane ..one on one. A slinger delivering the death blow to a pretender. ... And rewards for such events.

ssj

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

Why post things like this here, where the devs have not commented for years rather than on the new desura forum where they are currently active?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fantomen For This Useful Post:
Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Like I said, I didnt see a wishlist thread.

Im sure there will be one. The mods are working on it. And knowing them it will probably start out with a nicely compiled and color-coded shortlist.

Eventually if there arent the wishlists there I want then I will make one but I think at this point it might come off wrong. This will work as a placemarker for now
Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:14 PM

Private

jBrereton is on a distinguished road

If possible, casualty figures in siege assaults, like in regular battles.