BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old January 31st, 2022, 10:53 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road
Default French 13.2mm AAMG Issue

The French 13.2mm AAMG makes the tank gun sound when firing, not the MG sound. I am running a what-if battle between the UK and France in 1935 and ran across this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karagin For This Useful Post:
Old February 1st, 2022, 11:30 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: French 13.2mm AAMG Issue

This is a mystery ATM.

I bought nothing but 13.2mm AAMG and ran a test game.... for Z fire they make normal MG sounds. Checking the unit and the weapon data does not show any assigned sound for that weapon so should be using the game default but when fired in the game they sound like a tank gun as you reported.

The weapon WH size is correct as that can influence game sound so it may be the only solution is to assign a sound but it's doubly strange (indeed!) that this is happening but also that it's not been reported before this

EDIT...... I assigned sound 165 to both the weapon and the unit weapon then re-ran my test game and now they sound like HMG.

This is certainly a weird one but a workaround is now in place and unless you are actively PBEMing you can change those in MOBHack and it will 'fix' your game in progress to sound less strange.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; February 1st, 2022 at 11:41 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 1st, 2022, 11:59 AM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: French 13.2mm AAMG Issue

Okay, will add the sound number you suggested. I was trying to figure out what was firing at my aircraft, missed the first text telling me then caught the second one and I am like odd but okay, wait no that's a heavy MG for the most part, not a cannon.

Thank you again for the help.
Old February 1st, 2022, 02:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: French 13.2mm AAMG Issue

EDIT

I figured out why Vichy seemed to be working correctly..... I picked the wrong France to test so got the version I had modified.

It turns out both have the same problem and now have the same solution but why they were doing that at all will remain a mystery

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; February 3rd, 2022 at 05:28 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 3rd, 2022, 05:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: French 13.2mm AAMG Issue

HA ! "Mystery" solved!

Congratulations, you are the first one to report what turns out to be a code error that goes back at least 17 years

If a weapon with that warhead had a HE kill >13 it was given a different sound..... but the wrong one for a MG

All fixed now

EDIT

This is so funny it needs to be told

This appears to be an error going back to the very beginning and there are DOZENS of weapons that fit the Warhead size 1 / HEkill >13 criteria but I checked and every single one that fits that criteria has a sound assigned in unitweapons....... except the French one you found

I'm starting to think because these all have assigned sounds and that is rare in most cases that it was noticed early...."fixed" using assigned sounds in unitweapons then cut and pasted into various OOB's so the fix was forgotten about and it appears the only ones that slipped through was the one in the French and Vichy OOBs

This is not just one or two units that fit the criteria. Anything 13mm does as does any 50 cal twins or quads ..about 50 units in total

Last edited by DRG; February 3rd, 2022 at 06:27 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: