.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 18th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Private

PAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

advice happly taken i will try somthing very diffrent next

cheers endoperez
Old March 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM

Private

Londo_Mollari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself! :-)

Hi
I am 30, i live in France, near Toulouse and i'm a TBS addict. I've been playing the game with a friend for 2 month and decided to join the forums.
I really love the game, the mods and the community are nice too
I've tried almost all nations and i like 3/4 of them but N,E,S magic are my favorites...
Cheers!
Old March 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Welcome then, Emperor Mollari.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Anything you need to ask, go ahead.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:16 PM

Private

GrobRIM is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody!

I'm French too, 36 year old, and I live in Mauritania ("Second Sun" global enchantment is up down here )

And I am totally addicted to Dom 3!!! I just hope one day I can have enough free time to give MP a try.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:22 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

I never got around to introducing myself.

I'm an English Teacher in China. I read the Gamespot review of Dom3 and decided I really liked the sound of it.

I'm more of a modder than a player now though ;]
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:38 PM

Private

EmOrDoL is on a distinguished road

Holy Freakin Zoinks Batman!! This game rocks like none other. I never was too into turn-based strategy games, until I found this game. I always liked RTS instead, but no longer.

Oh and by the way, I am new to this game, obviously, but it has inspired me to do some serious modding. I used to mod a lot for Dungeon Siege I & II, Oblivion, and a few other dungeon crawlers of the sort, but this is different. It might take some time to get the code memorized, and do all the custom artwork with Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI, but I plan to eventually put out an entire series of races, ex. EA, MA, then LA, all with one continual story line. I am thinking something along the lines of Norse mythology, but with a very good twist, and very unique armies.

Oh, and last but not least... Hello all, I am EmOrDoL, I am 21 and live in Lake Tahoe, Cali. It is very nice to meet you all, and I am very excited to be a part of this very active, and very friendly, community.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:25 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Be sure to make yourself known in the mod forum then Emordol. Lots of tips to be picked up there.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:22 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Welcome to all the new faces.

For modding stuff, Sombre is probably the person to ask, with quantum_mechani, Endoperez and me the next in line. Spellmodding, DrPraetorius is your guy.

If you need documentation on Dom3 above and beyond what's in the manual, I'm the guy to come to. Gandalf also has a lot of helpful stuff.

Mapmaking is a specialty of mine and particularly Gandalf's, so help in that department is also near at hand.
Old April 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM

Private

Latif is on a distinguished road

Hi

My name is Latif and I live in rainy Victoria Canada. I'm 37 (good grief!!!) and started playing Dom 2 about a year ago after hearing rave reviews about it on another message board.

Just got Dom 3 in the mail 4 days ago. Played the demo a bit a ways back. I have started up a 'DAR' (During Action Report) which you can see in my sig. Might be cool to see some comments on my 'DAR', I started a thread for it in the Multiplayer/AAR forums here if you like to make any comments on my play, game or just talk about Dom 3!

I'm having fun with the game so far. AI seems not to have changed much from Dom 2 but it's still lots of fun to send the peasants into battle to get slaughtered. (I used to love playing Mictlan also. Round up the slaves by the 100's and send them off to get butchered. ) Fun to play the armchair emperor and make plans and think about the GLORIOUS FUTURE FOR OUR EMPIRE!!!!
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Sergeant

Salamander8 is on a distinguished road

Hi all.

I've actually had Dominions3 since it was released. I pre-ordered it shortly after I heard about it and only a month or so after I had purchased Dominions2 (late find for me!), but I have not really posted before now. Due to some crazy RL stuff, I was unable to really play much Dom3 prior to the last few weeks, and now that I've won a few games (LA Agartha, MA R'leyh, EA Lanka, and EA Yomi so far!), I wanted to say hello to the boards. I've lurked quite a bit up till now.

I'm a 37 year-old guy living in Wisconsin in the US, and have been an avid gamer for years. Due to an emergency move, my old wargame buddies are back in Michigan and I'm stuck over here so finding these games was great for me.

So far I've only played SP games, but I'd like to try an MP game as well. I would consider myself a beginner overall, but have been getting more efficient and better able to handle multi-front AI wars than I was at first.

So far most of my time is with the less human nations, but I do so love my monsters and demons and such.