Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 3rd, 2011, 03:31 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,233 Times in 922 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout My case for can Venezuela get in before 2020?

I know I got on the band wagon for the unsuccessful Singapore campaign a couple of years ago, but I think if possible Venezuela should be given some consideration before this game is closed out. It is well documented that the countries of
S. America over the last several years have been one of the largest importers of arms worldwide. The reason Venezuela and it's government. Just in the last few months a situation was avoided between them and Columbia which could've had consequences for the U.S. Also Russia has been supplying billions in military aid to include a further deal just agreed to a few months back (Included below.). I just completed including the new APC for my final list of this year for Brazil in which they've spent over 1.5 billion dollars on it alone beyond modernization why? Venezuela where there's no real love loss between the two countries. Venezuela is also trying to get nuclear technology from the Russians as well along with it's close ties to Iran. They're a potential flash point much like N. Korea. I would think it'd better the the game and there's my case in a nutshell. I'm not suggesting going back to 1946 and really wouldn't bother with anything before 1990, 1995 but probably not much later than 2000. Yes I would help in finding the equipment available with the references. I wouldn't suggust it otherwise, hey what's one more item? Might as well I even got jets on the list now as well anyway!!! Just a thought for something for to get done over the next couple of years or more.
Here's the story:
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Sec...6351270749864/
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/20029/
http://www.robertamsterdam.com/2009/...arms_deals.htm
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE58E0TY20090915
Nuke Plant approved see left side.
http://english.eluniversal.com/2010/...A3718293.shtml
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Sec...0851222701429/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8253822.stm
Shows spending graph against GDP for sample of countries below article.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 3rd, 2011 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: Added news stories over last 5 years of deals.
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM

Lieutenant General

Fallout Re: My case for can Venezuela get in before 2020?

This is the deal I've been watching for and now it's apparently going to happen. This could potentially shake things up here in the U.S. as well as these missiles will be able to reach the heavily populated area around Miami, FL. as well as the S. American countries that have political issues with the current government. These missiles are coming along technically now and are the same ones Israel is concerned with. Note the writers credentials at bottom also, this was pulled from the DID source.
http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives...blic-near-you/

Regards,
Pat
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:31 AM

Lieutenant General

Just a little more info, note relevant posts section @ bottom.
http://defense-update.com/wp/2011031...uisitions.html

Regards,
Pat
Old June 21st, 2011, 04:03 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My case for can Venezuela get in before 2020?

Having been heavily involved with user made "nations" in the past, I can tell you that there have been no plans to add any additional nations to the game for some time now and that this is unlikely to change. I believe the current number of nations is the maximum the game will allow without a massive modification of the code. At base its a technical issue rather than one of which nation might make the cut to be added.

People have talked about building one as a replacement for the Green OOB for some time, or as a possible Red replacement to be paired with Colombia as a Green replacement. These projects have generally fizzled when it becomes clear how much work it is to build even a semi-functional OOB from scratch. The ones I've done are all pretty small. I thought for years I might pick up the Colombia/Venezuela project myself, but I just couldn't find the energy. A lack of readily available sources in English was also an issue.
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:35 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

While I certainly could have been MUCH faster with my rebuild of the USMC OOB (2 years of "when I had time and was in the mood") I'd say it took somewhere around 400-600 man-hours. And that was with already having an OOB base to work from.
So aside from the limit on the total number of nations pointed out by thatguy96 you're looking at one massive amount of work.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:16 AM

Lieutenant General

While I knew this wasn't going to have much of a shot, I just thought to increase the odds a little by limiting the scope of such a project by shortening the timeline as stated as no earlier then 1990, 1995 or 2000. Most of the arms have been purchased really in the last five years or so. Hugo Chavez is a loose cannon and with him building a missile base capable of launching Iranian missiles that can reach S. Florida and getting a nuke reactor also from them (And I believe the first nuke power on the continent.) it makes for an interesting situation. I was building an equipment list from 1995 which by default would cover the period ~1990 anyway. Besides on the plus side for everyone else look what we got in the game for that part of the world in the last patch with more to come hopefully as well to be submitted this time around just because of "My case for can Venezuela...", sometimes you just need a motivator, which GySgt. Charles V. says of me at work. I can't let him down down, he helped us fix the LAV-AD after all. So I'll work my list once in awhile, maybe get the call at some point but, in the meantime "my eyes are on the ball" down south in the second largest arms market in the world. Just a little insight moment again.

Regards,
Pat
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:17 AM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Hi.
If countries could be added to the game in America could be added to Colombia and Venezuela. Not just a hypothetical conflict, but because in the case of Colombia and has several years of struggle against the FARC. It is true that guns are buying.
With respect to the nuclear mentioned FASTBOAT TOUGH not know, but I would not be the first plant on the continent. Brazil and Argentina have nuclear power plants. Nuclear plants are for energy, not exactly to create bombs. With the bombs that the U.S. and Russia have had enough.
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM

Corporal

rfisher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Hugo Chavez is a loose cannon and with him building a missile base capable of launching Iranian missiles that can reach S. Florida and getting a nuke reactor also from them (And I believe the first nuke power on the continent.) it makes for an interesting situation.
Oooh, it seems a bit harsh calling the chap a loose cannon, just for trying to defend his country. The guy does seem to be slowly turning a little bit bonkers, but you can hardly blame him. The stress of living in the shadow of a country that has for decades been meddling in the affairs of his and his neighbours countries must be enormous. And by meddling I mean the sort of meddling that costs a lot of lives.

I'm sure at some point, he will finally crack-up completely and try and install himself as a dictator (he's laid the ground work already by eliminating rules about how many times he can be re-elected) but so far, he's not actually done anything wrong (or at least not by the standards set by any other country). Even those missiles aren't built yet, let alone launched. And why would he lauch them at Florida? Is Disney World a significant strategic target? Will America fall if the Cinderella Castle falls? I suspect not.
As for now, I kind of warm to his attempts to not play by the rules of the local tough-guy.

Sorry for that chaps, but sometimes these forums need a little bit of bleeding-heart liberal.

Humble apologies.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 11:20 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hugo Chavez is a loose cannon and with him building a missile base capable of launching Iranian missiles that can reach S. Florida and getting a nuke reactor also from them (And I believe the first nuke power on the continent.) it makes for an interesting situation.
Chavez might be something of a loose cannon and may eventually go down the route of president for life (which however given his health conditions might not last that long). Still nowhere in the same league of a R�*os Montt, Jorge Videla, Somoza and others south american politicians who make or have made Mussolini look like Mother Theresa of Calcutta.
As for nuclear power both Argentina and Brazil have nuclear power plants, the latter has done considerable work on uranium enrichment (they even got in some hot water with the IAEA over inspection at the Resende plant) and has been flirting with the idea of building a SSN.
About he missile base, all I have heard of is a newspaper article talking about plans to build such. Even assuming it is not a figment of somebody's imagination (or plain cheap disinfo) and it is indeed being seriously planned it remains to be see whether it will actually go throught as such as scheme can easily flounder for a couple of dozens of reasons.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
Quote:
Chavez might be something of a loose cannon and may eventually go down the route of president for life (which however given his health conditions might not last that long). Still nowhere in the same league of a R�*os Montt, Jorge Videla, Somoza and others south american politicians who make or have made Mussolini look like Mother Theresa of Calcutta.
As for nuclear power both Argentina and Brazil have nuclear power plants, the latter has done considerable work on uranium enrichment (they even got in some hot water with the IAEA over inspection at the Resende plant) and has been flirting with the idea of building a SSN.
About he missile base, all I have heard of is a newspaper article talking about plans to build such. Even assuming it is not a figment of somebody's imagination (or plain cheap disinfo) and it is indeed being seriously planned it remains to be see whether it will actually go throught as such as scheme can easily flounder for a couple of dozens of reasons.
Dictators who you appoint as Videla was supported by the U.S. government Kissinger in particular. It is no coincidence that there were several dictatorships in Latin America between 60 and 80.
I do not defend Chavez, I do not advocate their methods. But do not be so innocent about U.S. foreign policy. It would be suicide to want to compete against the big nuclear powers.

Pd: U.S. attacked Iraq to destroy weapons of mass destruction. But they found nothing. Hope you do not want to do the same against Latin American countries.
I regret having to discuss policy issues in the forum of a game, but I did not start.
Regards