.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Coliseum

Old August 10th, 2005, 11:02 PM

Private

mithril49 is on a distinguished road
Default Game Still Alive?

Ok I note the last post was like 8+ months ago..but Im not losing hope.

Lemme first say I LOVE the concept of this game. LOVE it.

But that said...its nigh unplayable. Ive tried. I sit here for hours and I enjoy it tremendously, but its simply not coded fully. I dont mean any disrespect at all. But the random numbers...way off. The arena warriors playing 40 straight fights and showing just about nil affects from tired. The unfathomable constant losses to lesser warriors that just dont make any sense.

Then the worst: Ive played at least a dozen seasons. I literally check every turn on the league standings page. Ive seen ALL 3 of my warriors with diseases/injuries. Ive never once seen a disease on an arena warrior, OR an injury last more than 3 or 4 season days. Ive gone from day 4 to day 40 with the same 11% injury. Never went away. Including a stint of 11 days or so with the +25% healing rate enchantment.

Seriously, I love this game alot. But in everyone elses experience is it playable? I almost feel like trying to get back my 20 bucks and just buy a case of beer to drown my sorrow. It has such HUGE potential (Especially a Shrapnel game..Space Empires will always bar none be the best coded game Ive ever seen). But Im just feel such a lack of real playability in it.

That said...(and I really meant no disrepect) is this game still being worked on/patched/improved? Please say yes, please.
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:19 AM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game Still Alive?

The game code is still (somewhat) alive, with some of the code base being used for an upcoming project of mine. So it hasn't been discarded totally.

The Coliseum game itself..well...for now, it's pretty much done. I haven't seen some of problems you have (several CPU warriors i've seen have very long injuries, once forcing an early retirement due to the injury). Sometimes your luck can be bad, sometimes its good with regards to injuries and illnesses. Like real life sports teams, injuries can come in bunches at times. Opponent warriors don't get diseases.

Thanks and any other comments you have about the game (good or bad) will be read and responded to.
Old August 11th, 2005, 09:50 AM

Private

mithril49 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game Still Alive?

Well Im glad to hear the game is still semi-alive heh, especially if its going to lead to another gladiator style project

Ill chalk it up to bad luck then I suppose...but when I consistently have guys around 105-72-95-74-62 (latest example) getting housed by 23-41-38-40-43 arena guys it boggles me heh. I cant see how guys with a 23 strength are always out-averaging my damage on my 90+ str guys. Ah well. I still enjoy the game tremendously, but would prefer it if a) tiredness was taken out, it just skews it to the arena warriors too much, or b) the arena warriors took turns off to rest too, allowing you to not be FORCED to fight your main guy 36+ fights to just hope to make it to the final 4.