.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 9th, 2023, 04:38 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default [WIP] Campaign - 29th Infantry redux

Hi,
due to SAS-Troopers feedback in the original campaign thread, I decided to start a remake of this 2012 campaign of mine.
When I say "remake" I mean it, this is not just a fixup: All maps will be replaced by entirely new ones made with the Venhola tool, leading to improved detail and realism. I also decided to add branches, as well as additional scenarios that were not in the original at all. I also will fix some historical mistakes.
In the attachments you will find a WIP version that goes up to the battle of Saint Lo. It would be nice if some people could test it and give me feedback on how it runs, especially difficulty. If you want to test it, best keep a savegame from the end of the last scenario, so you can just keep going from there once I release an updated version with more scenarios.
Ts4EVER

Quote:
2nd Bataillon, 116th Regiment, 29th US Infantry

June - December 1944

Design by Ts4EVER

In this campaign you will command Company E, G, F and the heavy Company of 2nd Bataillon, 116th Infantry.
You will lead them from the beaches of Normandy, through the hell of bocage, the bombed out ruins of Brest and into the heart of Germany herself.
You will face a wide range of different challenges, both in terms of terrain and enemy forces.

This is the REDUX version of this campaign. Additional scenarios were added, balance was improved and all maps were remade with satellite data, courtesy of the Venhola tool.

The campaign is suitable for beginners. Even a new player should have no problems getting at least a draw in most battles, however, to achieve a decisive victory you will have to pull out all stops.
As can be expected, the campaign is infantry heavy, although you will command tanks in some scenarios. Unless you suffer a decisive defeat, you will be able to progress to the next scenario, although in some cases you might have to have another try at clearing the map.

You will receive 50 repair points between major battles. In some cases a draw or worse will instead require you to immediately carry on with another scenario, without refit. From time to time your force will be moved into
reserve for major reconstitution: In this case you will receive enough repair points to refit and upgrade your units. That said, it is not necessary to expand your core force.

Some scenarios limit your deployment area by advising you to deploy north or south of a certain line. Always listen to those instructions, otherwise the scenarios will not play out like intended!
NEW VERSION FURTHER DOWN

Last edited by Ts4EVER; July 28th, 2023 at 12:51 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post:
Old April 20th, 2023, 12:51 PM

First Lieutenant

Default Re: [WIP] Campaign - 29th Infantry redux

One thing I maybe should have mentioned: the later scenarios have long time limits. It would be good if people playing the campaign could tell me how many rounds they needed to clear these maps, so I can finetune the time settings.
Old April 20th, 2023, 03:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Since this is a WIP I will not include it in the update / patch

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 21st, 2023, 08:21 AM

First Lieutenant

Yes it is not ready for wide release.
Old June 18th, 2023, 04:09 AM

First Lieutenant

Any feedback from those who have tried it out? Would be very helpful.
Old July 28th, 2023, 12:50 AM

First Lieutenant

New version, the campaign now runs until September 1944. 14 scenarios in all plus one setup scenario. If you played it before you should be able to just continue your last save.
The Germany missions are still missing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 29thInfantryRedux28072023.zip (1.71 MB, 91 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post:
Old September 16th, 2023, 06:26 AM

First Lieutenant

Next installment. This version adds the fighting around Aachen and the Roer river plain, up until Operation Grenade in February 1945, which means that I am now officially past the end date of the original campaign! These scenarios represent something of a climax of the campaign, also in terms of difficulty.
I am in the process of planning and researching now for 2 or 3 additional scenarios set in the Ruhr Pocket. After that, the campaign will be officially done. There are 24 scenarios now, with 21 being actual gameplay scenarios.
As always, if you have been "playing along" you can just continue your save.

BTW making venhola maps in this area is massively complicated by the fact that coal extraction has utterly changed the landscape after 45.

Apparently the file is now too big to actually upload, even zipped... I will try to host it on my onedrive instead, tell me if it works:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apjf_o7IsiaVhdQ3...I-ehg?e=mPCrS0
Old September 18th, 2023, 02:14 AM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road

Remind me once I get off work tomorrow to give this a try! I can't believe I missed this.
Old September 18th, 2023, 08:17 AM

First Lieutenant

Well, not sure how I would remind you, but thanks!
BTW, I think one reason why the file is too big to upload here now is that I added massive real life maps, some of which are used several times, with differing amounts of destruction, as the player moves across them.

Old September 18th, 2023, 02:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yeah 3.7MB is a bit large for this website but it downloaded very quickly from your onedrive account and I don't have what you might call a zippy-fast internet connection

I assume this is still a WIP ?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....