BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 30th, 2005, 11:58 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default Paying Top Dollar for COIN

I was looking at the OOB's and doing some work the other day, And I noticed that COIN units cost 1 point more than their Equivlent non-COIN unit.

So I was wondering, why this is? Do they get a bonus to spotting or something?
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:25 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Paying Top Dollar for COIN

Quote:
Listy said:
I was looking at the OOB's and doing some work the other day, And I noticed that COIN units cost 1 point more than their Equivlent non-COIN unit.

So I was wondering, why this is? Do they get a bonus to spotting or something?
They have no bonus over equivalent infantry class, and digging through the cost calculator shows no loading for them.

Which OOB is this, and did you check they have exactly the same weapons, ammo loads, vision etc?

Cheers
Andy
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:05 PM

Sergeant

It's on ones I was creating, namely I was reoganising The UK's Naval aircraft into A seperate class, so I could create a new formation (Fleet Air Arm) and I listed all naval Planes as COIN armed Planes (CLass 223 I think). I ran it through the Points calculator and bang, +1 Point.

I've just checked it out on "offical" Aircraft which I hadn't touched, appart from changeing the class, and the change of class added a Point.

Granted +1 point isn't much, I just figured You got a bonus for it.

EXTRA:
Just done some testing. The bug appears If the Aircraft Has weapons in slot 2 or above. It appears when CLass 11,14,17 and 18 are used. So if slots 2,3,4 are used, then the Cost calculator adds a point. I don't know if this carries on with all COIN classes, or not. This has been seen on two spererate instlations of MOBhack and Cost Calculator, on seperate machines running different versions Windows.
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:33 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

+1 point when recalculating looks like rounding error, one way or the other.
I already have seen that when repricing oobs, when units I hadn't changed a chip were calculated with one point more or less.

Probably Don and Andy can tell you more about how the Cost Calculator really proceeds.

Anyway, +-1 can be safely neglected, particularly when your unit is an expensive aircraft.
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Listy said:
It's on ones I was creating, namely I was reoganising The UK's Naval aircraft into A seperate class, so I could create a new formation (Fleet Air Arm) and I listed all naval Planes as COIN armed Planes (CLass 223 I think). I ran it through the Points calculator and bang, +1 Point.

I've just checked it out on "offical" Aircraft which I hadn't touched, appart from changeing the class, and the change of class added a Point.

Granted +1 point isn't much, I just figured You got a bonus for it.

EXTRA:
Just done some testing. The bug appears If the Aircraft Has weapons in slot 2 or above. It appears when CLass 11,14,17 and 18 are used. So if slots 2,3,4 are used, then the Cost calculator adds a point. I don't know if this carries on with all COIN classes, or not. This has been seen on two spererate instlations of MOBhack and Cost Calculator, on seperate machines running different versions Windows.
You get charged 1 point for each weapon slot used past no. 1.

Nothing to do with COIN classes at all.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:17 PM

Sergeant

So why does changeing a plane from class 44 to 223 without changeing the number of weapons add a point?

As I said this point was only gained after slot 2.

Let me demonstrate.

Say a plane with 3 wepons in it is class 44, you change that to class 223, it gains a point.
If it only had a weapon in slot 1, it wouldn't gain a point from changeing to class 223.

The testing in my ealier posts where Idenitcal copies of each other, just different class. When they had 1 weapon on them they where the same cost, when there was 2 or more weapons, the COIN plane was 1 point more expensive.

Ya see what I'm trying to say? To test it out, just copy any fighter-bomber (With more than 1 weapon) and change it to class 223. You'll see what I mean.
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Listy said:
So why does changeing a plane from class 44 to 223 without changeing the number of weapons add a point?

As I said this point was only gained after slot 2.

Let me demonstrate.

Say a plane with 3 wepons in it is class 44, you change that to class 223, it gains a point.
If it only had a weapon in slot 1, it wouldn't gain a point from changeing to class 223.

The testing in my ealier posts where Idenitcal copies of each other, just different class. When they had 1 weapon on them they where the same cost, when there was 2 or more weapons, the COIN plane was 1 point more expensive.

Ya see what I'm trying to say? To test it out, just copy any fighter-bomber (With more than 1 weapon) and change it to class 223. You'll see what I mean.
As likely to be rounding error then - there is no special loading for COIN infantry over ordinary infantry, nor COIN strike planes over normal strike planes.

Cheers
Andy