Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Opponents Wanted
Notices

Old January 26th, 2006, 01:24 PM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road
Default Need more game

I have slots, all slots except 1,2,4, 14 and 20 open. Will accept any challenge. Expert level SP gamer, although most were played F2F, have between 50 and 100 PBEM games.
WinSPMBT 2.51. Smae day turn around, barring ISP and or Comp problems. Particularry interested in current event battles.
China is putting down a revolution as I typs. Anyone want to game it? How about a French, USA assault vs Syria on the Bekka valley map? Or Maybe Turkey vs Iran? How about an Islamic insurgancy in Germany? Muhjadeen vs Panzer grenadiers in the streets of Berlin? Leave a note here so I can authorize you to post at bluebottle
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:42 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need more game

I have a lot of experience playing the game single player, but haven't finished a PBEM game yet. I was playing one with another guy, but he hasn't replied to my last email for three days. Are you interested in playing me? I'll do whatever scenario you want, my email is thinkingmanwebsite@lycos.com . I have all slots open except 3.
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:18 PM

BANNED USER

That works 4 me. I can do training, if you want it. Will contact.
Old January 27th, 2006, 01:56 PM

BANNED USER

Ok, all my DL slots are full. I still have CD slots except for 14 and 20.
Old January 27th, 2006, 08:53 PM

BANNED USER

What's DL and what's CD?
Old January 28th, 2006, 05:56 PM

BANNED USER

DL = Down Load
CD = Compact Disk
The free game that you download has 5 secure slots for PBEM.
The CD game, which is the best deal since Manhatten at 39.95 $US, has 250 secure slots. The secure slots are needed since most people play the program (AI, although I hate the term artifical intelligence, since it is an oxymoron) and think they are the second coming of Rommel. Then they try another human aopponent and get their head handed to them. Since they cannot be beaten that bad and still keep their fantasey about being Rommel alive, they jump at the conclusion that their opponent HAS to be cheating, somehow.
So to avoid the problems and hurt feeling as reality sinks in, it is better to have the security. It is also better if the winner explains how and why they won to the loser, but that doesn't always happen. Some players are focused on winning and don't want their opponents to improve. Short sighted, but there it is.
The key to winning battles is suprise. If you have it and your opponent doesn't, then it requires real effort to lose. So naturally, the key to avoiding suprise is gaining information. Here is a tip; watch the information bar during the replay. All kinds of information there and it's free, in that you don't have to fight for it.
Example;
When the information bar tells me that a 155 battery is firing without a spotter, that tells me a bunch of things. I can count the number of messages and know how many batteries you had in that shoot. If I count the rounds, it will tell me how much of a delay you had on your arty request, which is a clue as to what your plan is. What you target and how many tell me things about your overall approach to the game and your knowledge of basic tactics. Spotted fire +LOS gives me a hint as to where your FO is and how many you have. The Program doesn't do any of these things. If you don't, then an experienced player will beat you as bad as you beat the program.
Old January 28th, 2006, 05:59 PM

BANNED USER

I have the CD but not the download. Shouldn't be a problem. Let's do slot 5. I already emailed you about the Baghdad map idea. It's a HUGE and wonderful map that comes with the game.
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:03 AM

BANNED USER

Ok, sound like a winner to me, I'll set one up after I find the map. I'll give you the US.
Old January 29th, 2006, 03:32 PM

BANNED USER

Last time I looked, which was about 3 hours ago, there were hundreds of mqaps that come with the game. I couldn't find any map of baghdad. I did fine a scenario of a US attack on a UN blocking position north og Baghdad. I guess you will need to start the game. Do you know how to pull a map from a scenario? If not I can explain how.
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:14 PM

BANNED USER

Please email me from now on, I check my email more often than these forums.

I don't know how to pull a map out, but I don't see why I'd need to for this game. Email me whenever you want to start the game.