BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Shrapnel General

Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:02 PM

Sergeant

monty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Boar\'s Head Pub

"Boy, they'll let anyone in this place."
Monty thought of several punishments suitable for the Vampire, but since this was a 'civilized' place, he had to throw half of the ideas out immediately. Some of the others would work quite well though.
Turning to Vampiric Dread, Monty said, "Hey VampiricDread, why don't we show this thing some hosptitality." Borrowing a vial of holy water, Monty flagged down a waiter
"Would you be so kind as to add some of this fine fluid to the vampire's order? Thanks a lot!" Monty then sat back down, relaxed, and waited for the show to begin. A smile lit his face. Nothing like giving a vampire heartburn to put a smile on your face. This place can let anyone they like in here, doesn't mean that we can't have some fun.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 23 May 2001).]
Old May 24th, 2001, 03:08 PM

Corporal

Argh is on a distinguished road

The elven lord sipped on a bottle of Bertle's Best and burped. Staring around at the assembled group of adventurers, he noticed that at least one had been unfortunate enough to have sampled the Two-Headed Annoying Guy drink, which is a bit on the strong side for anybody who's not at least part Troll.

Mumbling a bit, he started to say something about "the Gem of. . . ah. . . let's see. . . it was. . ." until he was interrupted by a roaring curse from the Vampire across the hall, who'd apparantly drunk something unpleasant. The Vampire spat out a stream of what appeared to be burning blood while holding the Halfling responsible in one fist. When he'd calmed down, he stared at the Halfling in his odd Vampish way, and soon the Halfling started to turn slowly, like a zombie, toward the table where the adventurers sat.

With growing horror, the elven lord realized that this somehow meant he was now on the bad side of a Vampire, and he very quietly muttered, "I sure hope you people realized what you've done with that prank. . . we'd better go, don't you think?"

But it turned out that there wasn't any need, for the Vampire, after carefully recording each face with his cold dark eyes, turned into a veritable cloud of bats and flew out of the room.

The elven lord and all present blew big sighs of relief, drank up another brew, and listened to the sound of a rather garrolous dwarf arguing with Ilfred, of all creatures! At one point, the bearded little fellow was gesticulating and saying something about "-anna drink that bat pee! If you knew better, you'd suggest that me and me mates roll ourselves in pigswill and call ourselves supper! You know that they don't even fully hull their hops first, madam? Well, it's like this-"

For some strange reason, Ilfred didn't seem to appreciate this Last comment(ogres are incredibly intolerant of the word "madam" in any setting not requiring pain) and, with great restraint(for an ogre) simply picked the dwarf up, placed his garrolous and angry form upon an enormous platter used for drinking games, and slid him all the way into the back row of seats- in fact, not very far from our heroes. . .

[This message has been edited by Argh (edited 24 May 2001).]
Old May 25th, 2001, 10:19 AM

Corporal

VampiricDread is on a distinguished road

"Oh, well, another Vampire to be on the look out for", I said to my friends. "Just as a measure of precautionary antecipation, please take these small vials, that you should drink the contents from, and rub your neck with a bit of it, when we leave".

They all looked suspiciously at the little bottles, and me, then back again to the bottles.

"It's nothing more than a rather potent garlic extract. It's good for everybody's health, but Vampires don't appreciate it much. You may complain about a slight side effect, especially if you are thinking of people of the fair gender, because of the smell of your neck and a positively...ahhh... potent breath."

The elven lord took one, raise it to eye level for closer inspection, and exclamed:
"It's elven made! Where did you get it?"

"Oh, back in Beladriel Forest."

"You've been there?", he seemed appauled. "Only my people are allowed there!"

"Well, if you must know, my family and I lived nearby. When the Vampire formerly known as Birubiruash killed my family, the Elves took care of me, because my father was seen as a nice neighbour, and a elven-friend."

------------------
I wish I had more time to adventure...
Old May 25th, 2001, 05:36 PM

Private

Trekkie is on a distinguished road

I dived into the pub, grabbed my phaser from its pouch and yelled, "Eat radiation, Bat Boy!" Without really looking, I aimed it at everyone in the pub in turn, but without firing.
Several people screamed, gulped down their beer and dashed out of the pub.
"Where did he go?" I asked disappointedly.
Monty shrugged and ordered another beer. "Ah, he probably went back to his home or something."
VampiricDread licked his lips before taking another swig of beer himself. "You've gotta admit, it was a shame. I wanted to slay it myself."
Despite this, I smiled. "Oh well, at least I'm safe. I'm a Vulcan and vampires don't drink green blood."
Drago, nearly falling off his stool with laughter, sneers, "Will you phone the Enterprise for help?"
I grinned, sat down and ordered a grenadine and lime drink. I knew that my Starfleet communicator wouldn't pick up any signals in this RuneSword world.
After I'd finished the drink, I murmured, "I really wanted to kill that vampire, you know. I would have become famous, or earned a reward. But I suppose, in this world, only men are allowed to kill vampires."
As soon as I had said that, a blonde-haired sixteen-year-old girl kicked the door down and ran up to the bar. "Have you seen Xander and Willow anywhere?" she asked.

------------------
Visit Pogimon Central at www.angelfire.com/tv2/pogimon and its companion site, www.geocities.com/mewtwo_alex !
(Trust me, I'm a Trekkie!)
Old May 25th, 2001, 08:24 PM

Corporal

Argh is on a distinguished road

At that moment, just as things seemed to be calming down, Bargehead the Garrolous Dwarf stood up, shaking the remains of his(lousy) beer out of his beard with great vigor.

He suddenly looked at the elven lord with perspicacious(don't ask) eyes and said, "Haven't we met before, boyo?"

The steadily growing crowd of adventurers, some of whom were actually sitting on one another's laps at this point to get to the table, sat and stared at this new arrival. Drago whispered something funny to VampiricDread, who chuckled as the elven lord looked at Bargehead quizzically and said, "Well, I don't normally associate with your. . . people. . . but somehow you seem familiar. . ."

Bargehead scowled and said, "Well, of course I look familiar, boyo! Why, Last time we met, I seem to recall hauling you out of a pit full of Goblins. . . or have you forgotten?"

"Oh, you're that stump- er, Dwarf! Why, I haven't seen you since we Last went searching for the Gem of EverLasting Sunshine. . . say, I was just about to start talking about the new Quest I'm putting together. . ."

"Well, Last time weren't bad, laddy, what with all the killin' and treasures and all- alrighty, let's hear what you're planning now." Bargehead settled back on one of the wooden chairs, ordered a new beer and nodded as the elven lord started speaking about. . .
Old May 25th, 2001, 10:39 PM

Sergeant

Monty got comfy. He was always one to help out. He looked around at those gathered around and was glad to see all the differences. Even a few human women were here. Monty looked around for Lady Pendragon.
"Wonder where's gotten off to?"
He scratched absentmindedly at the tattoo on his left shoulder and took another squirt (very small this time!) from his wineskin before offering it around the table.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 25 May 2001).]
Old May 26th, 2001, 12:25 AM

Corporal

VampiricDread is on a distinguished road

"Master BargeHead, please join us, and help us follow that tale of yours, shared with the elves. I'm sure we're all curious of a party of elvenkin and dwarvenkin working together."

Monty chuckled and grabbed a pitcher of the ale from a passerby maiden, to the distressed looking of disapproval of Ilfred.

"Well, Elf and Dwarf. You seem to have a tale to share. I'm not going anywhere now, and I'm pretty sure the Plebeian Lord next to me is also very much interested. Please ellucidate and ellaborate on your previous statements, if you will."

After a pause, I added "If you tell us your tale, we might give you some insight into the Eorian valley."
------------------
I wish I had more time to adventure...

[This message has been edited by VampiricDread (edited 25 May 2001).]
Old May 26th, 2001, 12:55 PM

Corporal

Drago is on a distinguished road

He drank some of Monty's wine. "Quite good, did you make it yourself?" Drago said. Monty replied, "no, it was made by a group of monks from Argos. This fine wine was given to me as a reward for defending their monastery from a group of thieves." This is a robust, exquisite wine Drago thought to himself. It reminded him of his wine cellar back home.

------------------
"My soul to nothingness: but I will strive against all doubtings, and will keep alive..." ~ John Keats's Sleep and Poetry
Old May 27th, 2001, 06:10 AM

Private

Downunder Tom is on a distinguished road

Downuner Tom, A Kender from a another land enters the pub watching a Gaul thief fleecing all the pubs customers with a shell game, The owner comes over and asks him to leave but but he refuses, the owner calls over his bouncer, a two headed ogre to throw the thief out on this ear. The owners says to me that he does not mind people running games in his pub as long as they don't give the pub a bad name. In one corners a twoup type game and a another a spin the bottle are running.

Tom

(Just a little bit of fun!}

------------------
Wth a little help from my frieds , we can make this the best RPG ever.

[This message has been edited by Downunder Tom (edited 27 May 2001).]
Old May 27th, 2001, 08:02 AM

Sergeant

Monty waves a greeting to Downunder Tom. It's been a while since Monty has been in Tom's neck of the woods, but he'll always have a spot in his heart for anywhere that the Southern cross shines on.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 27 May 2001).]