The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old February 3rd, 2007, 03:40 PM

Private

nesrall is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone working on AI for standard SE V?

Quote:
Q said:
Although I of course use the excellent balance mod with the improved AI, I would like to know if anybody is working on the AI for standard SE V (as the TDM mod for SE IV).

Actually yes, I have been. This project is strictly improving on the stock SEV AI & will be able to be added to any other mod if desired. Although a self taught amatuer, with special thanks to CK for answering a few questions I've asked(I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts) I'm hoping soon to release a version that I'll continue to upgrade as I test new scripts entries. I've gone as far as actually compiling the actual AI scripts, not just the empires main & setup scripts. I've gained a WHOLE lot of respect for Aaron writing this from the ground up as just tweaking the AI scripts a small bit can throw off many other aspects of the game. A small tease of what to look forward to?

An AI that colonizes twice as quick as stock.

An AI when choosing a colony type realizes if production of a certain resource is low, will choose the needed colony type instead of what it would normally would choose.

An AI that researches for protection first & then slowly catches up on other techs.

An AI that will build a more then worthy attack ship(Shield depleters,APB's with weapon mounts(racial weapons if they have a race trait), combat sensors, ECM, point defense, etc.

Repair & resupply ships & mine sweepers that will travel with a fleet, join a different task force within that fleet, & retreat accordingly during battle while the main task force battles it out.

Plenty of more surprises also, Lots & lots & lots of testing involved. I haven't got to the politics yet as like CK that darn thing called sleep is a must.

I will ASAP release this but not until I deem it respectable & I'm a tough critic of myself. So hang tight people better days are soon.
Old February 4th, 2007, 05:26 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone working on AI for standard SE V?

Good news, I'm looking forward to the release

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5