.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 on Facebook?

I posted a picture of myself on a thread once at a gun range during Katrina. But I am too lazy to hunt for it. And it was not worth hunting for either.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:27 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

group is up. I myself don't play MP as of yet, but this could be great for coordinating games. People are welcome to post or discuss whatever they want as long as its tangentialy (sp?) related. Basically you can consider it an extension of the forums.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=92094580186
Old May 3rd, 2009, 03:43 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Bump.

I'm in as Janne Joensuu. Is there any way to put a nickname (i.e. Endoperez) up so that it shows next to or near my name?
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Well I posted a thread for people to let others know their dominions handle, but apparently nobody wants to post there. Honestly, noone ever posts on the group in general, kind of a disappointment.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM

BANNED USER

Omnirizon is on a distinguished road

that's because facebook is the devil

I recently tried to spice up the typical asinine wall banter (``x is so excited about the weekend''.... ``y hates mean people''... stuff like that) by providing an alternative viewpoint to a feminist friend of mine who posted on her wall that she argued vehemently against raising children with gender roles. I insisted that she was being egocentric and that for some women gender roles constitute an important part of identity, especially in the non-west were sometimes traditional gender roles are the little that some people have left of a culture now dominated by the west. therefore, arguing against gender roles as intrinsically bad is just a sort of colonization.

she retorted that I know nothing about raising children and was talking about theory that had no place in practice (while supporting herself with Judith Butler's theory, oh the irony). She told me I shouldn't talk about things I don't understand and then ``defriended'' me so I couldn't respond. How mature of her.

I think that's pretty typical of facebook. It's a place for shallow feel good networking where a person can post their banal little life details and pretend their worldview is normal and unerrantly ``good'' without being seriously challenged. That's also why its so full of christians.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 06:09 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

It's the nature of the beast, so to speak.

Those who are naturally intellectually outgoing will use the resource to find knowledge, gain perspective, and diversify experience.

Those who are more shortsighted will seek out only those things that they already agree with, and only those people who already agree with them. They'll shun everything else, just as they do in their offline lives.

I "use" both MySpace and Facebook, for mainly only one primary purpose. It's a way to not lose track of RL friends, when RL creates obstacles to more direct contact.

But it's funny, intellectuals condemn the unintellectual for their insensible beliefs, why should they not react by condemning us for our incomprehensible logic?
The Following User Says Thank You to JimMorrison For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:36 PM

Private

Nasser is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnirizon View Post

I recently tried to spice up the typical asinine wall banter (``x is so excited about the weekend''.... ``y hates mean people''... stuff like that) by providing an alternative viewpoint to a feminist friend of mine who posted on her wall that she argued vehemently against raising children with gender roles. I insisted that she was being egocentric and that for some women gender roles constitute an important part of identity, especially in the non-west were sometimes traditional gender roles are the little that some people have left of a culture now dominated by the west. therefore, arguing against gender roles as intrinsically bad is just a sort of colonization.

she retorted that I know nothing about raising children and was talking about theory that had no place in practice (while supporting herself with Judith Butler's theory, oh the irony). She told me I shouldn't talk about things I don't understand and then ``defriended'' me so I couldn't respond. How mature of her.

I think that's pretty typical of facebook. It's a place for shallow feel good networking where a person can post their banal little life details and pretend their worldview is normal and unerrantly ``good'' without being seriously challenged. That's also why its so full of christians.
its a social networking site you twit, not a forum for debate. i'm sure you'll keep on spergin regardless.
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnirizon View Post

its a social networking site you twit, not a forum for debate. i'm sure you'll keep on spergin regardless.
I sure will
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Omnirizon, what you did wrong has very little with what you said, but rather it was more about how you went about saying it. Specifics aside, what you essentially did was travel to someone's personal space for the express purpose of picking a fight. By posting your view, which you already know directly opposes her own views, on her wall you force a response. A forced response is more likely to be emotional rather then logical by its very nature.

May I suggest next time you display your point-of-view using notes instead. This leaves your ideas within your own personal space giving people the option to respond or to dismiss it without performing an action. Notes is also more suitable for longer explanations and you can tag specific people in order to let them know that you desire their input.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM

BANNED USER

facebook wall is personal space?

give me a break. facebook wall has zero impact on personal life. defining it as a `personal' space is just a sort of narcissism.