.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM

Corporal

alhorro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ComfortZone - All MA Nations - Running

Damn, it's not possible to describe how I hate clams.
I had to conquer half of the world, have been saving every gem possible for 10 turns, and alchemize everything I had just to cast this 999-Nexus — and it was overwritten (not even dispelled!) in one turn by some fishfolk who had never had more than 20 provinces. This was definitely the most crushing (though predictable) defeat I've ever experienced. Well, Mictlan is certainly doomed now, but while you are taking our lands we'll be forging our own clams, so we can expect this game to last a year more.
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:45 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Oh bugger. Rappi forgot to buff for a turn to let Virtue turn returning on. Poor Rappi! All he wanted was to disarm a few of the tartarians besieging Abysia. Virtue, Picus and Procas are all up for grabs.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM

Corporal

duncanshriek is on a distinguished road

There reenters an already eliminated unknown the equations. Admittedly I feel considerably more confident now.

ComfortZone is just 7 months old now, so let's make the first year full at first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhorro View Post
I had to conquer half of the world, have been saving every gem possible for 10 turns, and alchemize everything I had just to cast this 999-Nexus — and it was overwritten (not even dispelled!) in one turn by some fishfolk who had never had more than 20 provinces. This was definitely the most crushing (though predictable) defeat I've ever experienced. Well, Mictlan is certainly doomed now, but while you are taking our lands we'll be forging our own clams, so we can expect this game to last a year more.
Old June 16th, 2009, 05:36 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Apoligies for the Nexus overwrite alhorro. But getting the Nexus up seems to have been Jim's entire game plan from the outset judging by what I see (S9 God, clam forgers). Also know that Jim is a particular fan of the Nexus as well. But guessing he lost interest in the game long before his stales kicked in though, as there were a load of clams just sitting in the lab, plus a lot of provinces he hadn't been bothered to search yet (as seen by the recent Atlantis fort jump on the graphs). So would have been interesting to see how this game had gone if Jim had been focused on it.

I wasn't planning on prolonging this game by shifting the power balance around, but I also would have felt bad if I had intentionally played poorly by not putting the Nexus up (as it was a very obvious thing to do). Certainly nothing against you / Mictlan which was left over from my C'tis stewardship. I don't do that sort of thing, and I treat every new game or position exactly as it should be treated. As new, with no outside baggage.

But think you are right in saying this game will go on for quite some time yet. I'm sure wins should be awarded for endurance as well as for conquest

Also starting to agree with many others that making gem producing items unique is the way to go in future MP games.
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM

Corporal

Hosting postponed by 8 hours on alhorros request
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:38 AM

Corporal

As you might have noticed, I had granted myself three extra hours for my turn 94. I promise to work harder on turn 95 .

But I already announce a delay now for turn 96. That turn would regularly be due on Sa the 18. I'm going on vacation from 15th to 22th. So I'll postpone turn 96 until Thursday the 23rd.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:46 AM

Corporal

And once again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanshriek View Post
Hosting postponed by 8 hours on alhorros request
( Not that I'd mind having more time )
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:20 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh man, this makes me laugh so hard, I'm sorry alhorro. <3

This game wanted to thwart me every step of the way, but I was willing to play it out to the end, building up for the Nexus, and intending to do what I could to shake up the landscape. It's nice to see that even though I lost internet access (it's been back on for an hour now), that those pearls went to good use, rather than being squandered by the AI.

My apologies if my sudden absence caused any complications. <3
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Good to have you back Jim

If you want to step back into the Altantis throne room I'm more than happy to stand aside. Been keeping the seat warm for you while dealing with everyday Atlantian affairs. And making sure your lovely collection of clams didn't go to waste of course.
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:43 PM

Corporal

vfb has passed C'Tis over to Pelthin ( http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/member.php?u=10227 ) .

As Jotunheims leader I'm glad that C'Tis lands will not fall undefended to Mictlan