World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old August 19th, 2007, 06:23 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OOB 17 Mod

Thanks

I was wondering about some of these abbreviations.
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Some others points.
The Baathist units you can find at page three are not supposed to represent baathist insurgents. Rather they are supposed to represent an alternate history
loyalist militia/home guard sort of organization. The insurgents are all available under the guerilla units.
I toyed with the idea of specific formations (Mahdi Army etc.) but given the number of organizations I decided to keep it generic for now.
I also thought about a purely historical OOB but given that for most formations there would be gaps ranging from a few months to five years with no units in service in that period this would present several problems (I also lack the time ATM).
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM

Captain

In case you were interested in gaming current Iraq war scenarios here is the best source online about the iraqi security forces; I have used it extensively for drawing up the OOB.
http://billroggio.com/oob/index.php
Old September 5th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Captain

Plans for the next version.
1) I have managed to find some very interesting material on Peshmerga; the kurdish forces are going to be overhauled on the basis of that (availability dates, organization, weapons etc).
2) I am going to include a shiite rebels formation so that you can play scenarios set during the revolts of march 91.
3) Various modifications and corrections.
Old January 12th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Captain

The new version of the mod is up. In addition
to the changes described previously several things have been added or modified.
Among other things.
- Jash units (kurdish units fighting alongside the government).
- iraqi paratroopers (there was a british trained battalion in the fifties-sixties).
- I got some info on the early iraqi tank forces. Sherman Firefly, M4A3 etc added.

For the fictional units:
- revised SAMs
- I decided to replace the Milan 3/HOT 3 combo with the Kornet.

And many others modifications.
Old January 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Just looked over it and it looks really good. Just some questions. LBM 2464 and 2465 seemed to be used a lot, seemingly by accident (like on units 257 DHC-1 and 258 Zlin). Is this just an error in the version I dled? I dled the one in the first post in this thread.

Also, any chance of possibly doing a new picklist to go with this?
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:50 AM

Captain

Quote:
thatguy96 said:
Just looked over it and it looks really good. Just some questions. LBM 2464 and 2465 seemed to be used a lot, seemingly by accident (like on units 257 DHC-1 and 258 Zlin). Is this just an error in the version I dled? I dled the one in the first post in this thread.

Those LBMs are the ones I use when I can't find an adequate picture for the item. In the OOB editor you see a simple grey area instead of the picture and I prefer it to the standard "no picture found". The download at the beginning of the thread is the only place to download this mod in any case.
I regards to the picklist there are a few problems.
The first is that I have no clue how to go about that, nor much time available especially for what seems a particularly tedious job. The second is that this OOB is really two or three OOBs rolled into one: the real
iraqi army, the fictional one and the insurgents. Reconciling them would be very difficult in a picklist. Separating them would be very time consuming and make new picklists absolutely necessary as several gaps would open (think to the disbanding of the iraqi armed forces in 2003).
Finally the current AI picklist seems to make do, sort of. It buys mostly insurgents against the US and such. And it buys mostly "great power" units against Iran and such. So I do not find worth the trouble, not in the short term anyway.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:18 AM

Captain

I just noticed I made a couple of mistakes (Humber Mk.IV ammo loadout and some minor armor discrepancies in a few vehicles). I have uploaded a corrected version.
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Marcello said:
Quote:
thatguy96 said:

Those LBMs are the ones I use when I can't find an adequate picture for the item. In the OOB editor you see a simple grey area instead of the picture and I prefer it to the standard "no picture found". The download at the beginning of the thread is the only place to download this mod in any case.
I regards to the picklist there are a few problems.
The first is that I have no clue how to go about that, nor much time available especially for what seems a particularly tedious job. The second is that this OOB is really two or three OOBs rolled into one: the real
iraqi army, the fictional one and the insurgents. Reconciling them would be very difficult in a picklist. Separating them would be very time consuming and make new picklists absolutely necessary as several gaps would open (think to the disbanding of the iraqi armed forces in 2003).
Finally the current AI picklist seems to make do, sort of. It buys mostly insurgents against the US and such. And it buys mostly "great power" units against Iran and such. So I do not find worth the trouble, not in the short term anyway.
Alright, I was just curious. Its great to have an updated OOB for Iraq though.
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:41 PM

Captain

I have added an updated version of the iraqi OOB.
Several changes among which
1) Different in and out of service dates for several vehicles of the new iraqi army. In particular the delivery of the M60s is being delayed; tentatively I have pushed it to september of this year.
2) M48 added (they are going to be included in the M60 delivery).Some others vehicles have been added or replaced as well.
3) Multiple Rocket launchers have been revised: the speed of several MRLS has been changed to reflect their actual speed, the BM-14 has been deleted etc.In addition several dedicated guerilla rocket launchers have been added or modified.
4) Various others refinements (Shermans now have dedicated MGs instead of generic etc.).
5) Some dedicated new iraqi army formations added (mech scouts, forward observers since 2009).