.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old February 13th, 2021, 09:21 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alternate History Scenarios (FEB 2021 - FUSAGIR in Russia)

Played through v2.

- - - - - - - SPOILERS below - - - - -- - - - - - -

Opted to flank right into the more restricted terrain to avoid the demonic SU-85 and hopefully not having to fight the full enemy force head on, but instead roll into the flank and defeating the enemy bit by bit.

The first serious contact was the alert T-34 section, and just later a collection of mortar, AA and Neblwerfers. Swept into the woods with most of the American force, bumped into two Panthers that took some time to deal with. This was about turn 20 - so running out of time I started to take chances, and losses mounted.

The SU-85 was spotted and targeted by air without doing any damage. Later it got hit by 105mm artillery and ended up immobilized, with the crew bailing out. It never fired once. Air damaged one tank and killed a few Opel trucks.

The woods were defended by more infantry than I expected and some seriously stubborn - deaf to all reason really - Russian Beute PAK guns. They knocked out the McCellan, knocked out and killed the tank company commander, knocked out two more American tanks, and four half-tracks...

The game ended on turn 28 of 27. The Germans still had a near intact platoon(+) size infantry force in the woods, and control over six victory hexes.

Losses:
69 (USA) vs 326 (Germany)

Great fun to play!

Found not problems with the map, or any of the units. (Played with sound off).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post:
Old February 14th, 2021, 05:06 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alternate History Scenarios (FEB 2021 - FUSAGIR in Russia)

Thanks for the commentary -- originally this was to be a 1:1 fight between equally numerically matched forces, but I deleted several of the German sub formations after my own playtesting; when I half-heartedly remembered the Rule of Three -- have a 3-1 advantage when attacking someone.

As for the large amounts of foreign weaponry being used by the Germans, I wanted to get a feel of "trying to use everything we have to plug holes in the line" because a 150-division army can't all be equipped with Pz IV and Panthers.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post: