.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:20 AM

Major General

Jazzepi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legends of Faerun - Closed (Game started)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Well, obviously annoying but nobody could reasonably expect you to stick it out if you're that miserable. Thanks for playing as long as you did and no worries (at least from me) about bailing.
Thanks, that means a lot for me. In this game, several things just accumulated on me to create a very unusual binge. The lack of indie mages and the sudden loss of pretender paths + unfortunate choice of neighbours. (there wasn't anyway I could have fought against TC in the early/mid game, those Warriors of the Five Elemets just are a counter to all of the tricks I could do). It was nice of Jazzepi to humor me by signing a NAP.

But, luckily it wasn't all for naught. This game gave me inspiration to do my Underwater-mod, parts of which are going into the next CBM. I'm just the kind of guy who can't stand to see something broken when it can be easily fixed. But my underwater rant (trust me, I have a lenghty one) isn't really for this thread.
I had the same thing happen to me in Cripplefight with LA Atlantis.

Jazzepi
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:25 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Hey Vfb, did you notice the name of the province where that fight with your Eagle Kings was?
It's very symbolic.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Hey Vfb, did you notice the name of the province where that fight with your Eagle Kings was?
It's very symbolic.
Heh.

Yes, we have been busy bulldozing the bodies into that hall for the past little while. I expect to have to add a new wing soon, there just isn't room to stack the corpses any higher.

Hopefully we'll be able to add a few Fomorian Kings to go with all the dead Eagle Kings though.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedDog View Post
Could there be an another delay of 24 hours? There was a small hurricane yesterday and I was unable to get home.
Sorry for inconvenience.
Many apologies WingedDog for not getting your delay request in time. Lady Luck holds a grudge against you I guess, as today was one of the very few days I was out of the works office all day. As if it had been practically any other day then I would have seen your request before the hosting deadline hit.

So sorry again and hope your stale wasn't critical in your war against the demon monkeys.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:00 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

I found a volunteer for a sub, but dunno if I should give it to him, so he can learn smth [but what?] or try to do smth to Ulm [but why? when no one is interested in real wars in that game, just bashing smaller targets while others conquer AIs and go for victory that way].

LA Agartha guide
Old July 22nd, 2009, 04:57 PM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
I found a volunteer for a sub, but dunno if I should give it to him, so he can learn smth [but what?] or try to do smth to Ulm [but why? when no one is interested in real wars in that game, just bashing smaller targets while others conquer AIs and go for victory that way].
Compared to TC, Ulm and Fomoria all other nations are smaller targets.
And for us fighting among each other is a very stupid thing to do, as it will still leave one nation free while two us are busy bringing each other down, if you get what I mean.
I'm all for it, but if it's gonna leave the third nation free to keep grabbing provinces without opposition and win than no thanks.

And I for one have fought more wars (human wars) in this game than anyone else, so I hope that isn't directed at me.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:25 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfb View Post
Sadly, Caelum is not capable of putting up much of a fight against the mages of Fomoria either, whose wicked conjurations of multitudes of Ashen Angels and Earth Elementals surprised our doomed commanders this month.

-- Kinaesthesia of Caelum
Heck yeah. I'd continue fighting if I had some valiant last stands to do. Those are actually fun. But it will take decades for anyone to actually assault my underwater provinces, that's one of the reasons why I see my postion as so dull. Even once I lose my coasts to Helheim, he'll probably stop there and leave me rot in the ocean. I tried to bate Agartha into attacking me, but to no avail, since he got distracted by Fomoria.
Ok, I've just caught up on the recent happenings on this thread after being away from the net all day. I'd really hate to lose you Burnsaber, especially considering how well Oceania are doing. Losing dying nations like Hinnom to the AI is one thing, but when we lose mid/high level nations like Yomi and now possibly Oceania, then it just serves to hammer more nails in this games already fragile credibility coffin. Maybe Lingchih's cunning plan of winning this game purely by being the last player left will actually come to fruition?!?

An odd thought just occurs to me, have we actually created one of those weird Japanese endurance games here?!? Since mental willpower seems to be far more important for success here than actually playing skill. But I digress, so back to the game.

Sorry I didn't take your bait Burnsaber. "Attack Oceania" was hovering near the top of the Agartha to-do list for quite some time, but it got pushed to the bottom when Fomoria declared war on me. So with that in mind...

@ Burnsaber - Would Agartha taking your worm and deciding to go for an extended swim mean you would stay in the game? Or have you already made your mind up to quit? Since if Executor, as Fomoria, is offering Agartha peace in order to keep you in the game, then for the sake of the game, I'd probably accept it, and archive all my 'Anti-Fomoria' tactics until a later date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
I'm willing to make a truce with Agartha if he'll fight you and there for keep you in the game.
@ Executor - I'll also agree to this if it keeps Burnsaber in the game. Although I'll pass if Burnsaber decides that not even the thought of some underwater fisty-cuffs is enough of a temptation to stay around for.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:43 PM

General

Executor:

What other two? You were not interested in taking down Ulm when he was weaker. You were not interested in my help [and not only mine] to defeat him. You prefered to attack Agartha. You signed the really cowardish deal to not fight till there are just 10 nations left.

Ulm was not interested in getting my help either, he just got some free land in the corner.

I don't border TC and I have never seen any real action to fight him. I will support his victory [well, he won't get any items - they will probably go to Agartha, for fighting Fomoria, at least he is doing smth], as he has some plan and wants to at least do some diplomacy. He'd get my military support earlier, if not my bad luck.

People, learn to play in big games. I think I will be sticking with invite-only, after getting into last RAND game, I witnessed really new world.

LA Agartha guide
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM

Major General

Killed Vanheim, Hinnom, am fighting Agartha and Cealum, Mictlan also, however that was mostly AI.
I think that's not a bad number of fights on my part.

The reason I made a deal I did with Ulm is the fact whenever I go to war I get gangbanged, Calahan knows so and so does Vfb and Chris, ask them.

I don't think there are many players so have fought so many 1vs 3,4 or 5 wars like I have unfortunately.
So securing a border on one part doesn't sound like a cowardly act in my book.

I dislike how TC rose to power. If I was next to him we'd be fighting, however I'm not.
And I most certainly would never ignore a pact and attack Ulm with our prior agreement as I'm foolishly proud.

And now you say you'll support TC even more as to win without even a real fight in this game? I don't really get that.

I just don't see how I'm the bad guy here and frankly I'm sick of all this,
if you people want to end this game, go head, declare Jazzepi the winner now, I don't see much point in continuing this game.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:33 PM

General

Nah, TC won't get anything from me. All that I'm saying that he was the only one willing to accept the help of Atlantis. From the beginning ATlantis had no chance to do anything big, so I wanted to ally with someone. Only TC was really interested with that, and he was one of the mid-pack nations back then, way behind Sauro, Ulm or Fomoria.

Ulm made good alliances, hard to blame him. I can blame some others for not taking care of potential threats. You included. At least it looks like that from my position. What were you hoping for? I was willing to give all my SCs at your disposal, so Ulm can be stopped.

LA Agartha guide