Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
"A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame... - Page 4 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 16th, 2010, 02:55 PM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Veteran Dom3/2 player returning; New veterans-only MP game proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post
I am tempted to join in with this game, although I think I may bring the standard down a bit!

I may be away a few weekends over the summer. Hopefully that won't cause too many problems.
Llamabeast - you are welcome to join this game, don't worry about standard. Absense on few weekends over the summer shouldn't cause too many troubles as far as I am concered.

Ok, looks like we have 8 players total.

1. Baalz
2. Aethyr
3. Squirreloid
4. Dimaz
5. Fakeymcfake
6. Lingchih
7. Llamabeast
8. Myself

I am ok with launching the game with 8 players, as Fakeymcfake (and Lingchih in IRC) have suggested. 8 players also means less delays and will make a game move faster. However since starting tomorrow I will be in the country camping for few days, from Friday to Sunday anyway, I suggest that we wait a little bit more, until the beginning of next week. Then we could start with 8 players or with more, should any additional players decide to join by that time.

Summorizing settings of the game:

Mods used - CBM1.6, EndgameDiversity mod
2 banned spells (Forge, Arcane Nexus)
Map settings - magic set at 55 regardless of age, the rest is standard. Graphs are on, HOF 15, renaming allowed.
Diplomacy and trading allowed.
Victory conditions - 1 VP for each capital, to win the game you need to get 50% of total VPs(rounded down) + 1.

No chese stuff, which includes:
- Bogus orders
- lab filling
- suiciding mages/priests intentionally to turn them undead
- giving up without fight

Meanwhile let's use the remaining time before lauch to finalize remaing settings of the game. We need to decide on age and the map used. It looks like we will have 8-9, maybe 10 players total. I think it would be nice to have a map with around 15 provinces per player, 20 top.

We could use a random map or one one of the custom made ones.
Assuming these numbers, do you guys have suggestions as to which map to use?

Regarding age, most people do not seem to have preferences toward one or another. I am would like to propose EA, simply because I like playing with magic toys. Dimaz suggested MA, since he haven't played that much recently. Let's vote on it, if you have a preference in this matter - will it be EA or MA? It case of tie I will flip a coin. Should we choose MA, Asddon nation will not be allowed, since several players strongly feel that it is overpowered. For the sake of harmony let's just ban it for this game.

Oh, and the most important thing - we will need a name for our game. From now on this game shall be known as

"A Song of Ice and Fire".

(Love these books. )
Old June 16th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Veteran Dom3/2 player returning; Veterans-only MP about to launch, has few open s

If we're banning AN and Forge shouldn't we also ban AC? Not that I'm really in favor of banning anything, but AC is at least as disruptive.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:11 PM

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Veteran Dom3/2 player returning; Veterans-only MP about to launch, has few open s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
If we're banning AN and Forge shouldn't we also ban AC? Not that I'm really in favor of banning anything, but AC is at least as disruptive.
Personally I prefer not to ban too many spells. AC is very powerfull but it could be worked around, to some degree. Nevertheless I am fine with banning AC as well, in addition to Forge and AN.

Forgot to add something to the game rules, and now it's too late to edit my post (what a stupid forum limitation! ). So I'll add it here:

Nation assigments will be semi-random. Each player will submit one nation to the pool, and then each player will be randomly assigned a nation from that pool. Note that the are no limitations in the assigment process, so you can be assigned the nation you have picked, depending on the random dice. This is important to prevent players sumbitting weak nations to the pool, since there is a reasonable chance (1/n, where n number of players) that you will get your nation of choice.

Last edited by Corwin; June 16th, 2010 at 05:37 PM..
Old June 16th, 2010, 05:58 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I vote MA, and for a not-too-large map (not more than 15 provinces each ideally; that still ends up being a lot).
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old June 16th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

Fakeymcfake is on a distinguished road

I'm good with either age (so I guess that's an abstain)
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:43 PM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road

I'll join
I vote EA
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:50 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

I'll go for MA.
I've been playing a lot of EA lately, and need a change.

Oh, and you can edit the original post, since you are the original poster. Just none of your posts after that. So you could go back and paste all the info into the OP.
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road

I'll join if you are still looking for another. I've won a couple MPs but am likely to be a punching bag in this field. Good thing I'm into that...

-ssj

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:45 PM

First Lieutenant

Update. We have two more players from Dom3 Free Forum - FrozenLama and Diceman. Welcome to song of "A Song of Ice and Fire" game guys.

With players who have already registered here, we have 11 players total. I think it is a good number, so we should probably stop acceting new players.

1. Baalz
2. Aethyr
3. Squirreloid
4. Dimaz
5. Fakeymcfake
6. Lingchih
7. Llamabeast
8. FrozenLama
9. Diceman
10. Ghoul31
11. Myself

1 more person expresed desire to play MA than people who wanted to play EA. Since I've set it up as a democratic vote (damn! > ), unless one of the undecided people will express desire to play EA, we will play MA.

Meanwhile let's finalize the map. We need a map for 11 players, around 15 provinces per person. I would prefer to play on a good custom made map, not a random one. Any suggestions?
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

Just in case it matters I vote for MA (sorry Corwin).