.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
Honestly, if I'd had more time to devote to turns, I probably would've flown over and attacked him, yeah. Properly deployed, blood magic would've reduced his various teleporters to their constituent atoms.

But I just didn't have time , and now we're in bad shape because of it.

On which subject, can we have (another) 24h delay on the current turn? I was hoping to finish it tonight, but I didn't, and tomorrow is very hectic for me, with lots of meetings.
All right, no problem DrPraetorious.

BTW when you will be finishing your turn, please make sure to build appropriate PD in all your provinces, and keep it up in the future. It feels a bit strange to be able to conquer provinces with Arouse Hunger and scouts at that stage of the game. And by now you should be aware that I have eyes all over your territory.

(to be honest there was a turn when Ermor got a several provinces from me with Arouse hunger (right after I've used it against you for the first time) , but it only happened once and is not going to happen again. )

Last edited by Corwin; February 11th, 2011 at 12:14 PM..
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM

First Lieutenant

Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
Well gentlemen, it looks like I'm done for. After barely hanging on against Ermor, I just had nothing left to fend off the lightning swift attack of the Bandar.
Yes, that was brutal, I've watched that battle over your capital. At least you have survived the Ermor assault and even kicked them back before BL tide was upon you both. Well fought Aethyr.
Old February 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

My PD sucks. Do you know how much Jotun PD it takes to hold off a bunch of ghouls? And then you'll just switch over to Ghost Riders! Nah, I'm better off retaking the provinces with marauding squads of demons.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
My PD sucks. Do you know how much Jotun PD it takes to hold off a bunch of ghouls? And then you'll just switch over to Ghost Riders! Nah, I'm better off retaking the provinces with marauding squads of demons.
That's true, Jotuns PD is not very efficient. Well, at least you may want to keep it above zero or I won't even need to use ghouls, just scouts.

As for GR and Ghosts - well, if it if of any consolation to you and Ermor, I have finally reached the bottom of my large supplies of death gems as of last turn (mostly due to aggressive raiding campaign against your territory DrP, as well as massive tartarian summons to replace heavy SC losses in Ermor/Pythium war, as well as several SC lost to your forces). Now I only have my regular monthly death income. I also had to reforge a Sickle after I've lost it to you 2 turns ago, so I couldn't draw on the supplemental income during this time, in addition to paying the forging cost of Sickle again. (BTW I am surpassed that nobody tried to beat me to Sickle and/or Boots of Planes. Or maybe someone did but I got lucky)

So now I have to choose every turn if I want to get more tartarians or spend death gems on raiding your territory. (Ermor's territory is 100% castled, so no point to use these spells against him, except in special circumstances).
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:53 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post

All in all, I think you're getting really close to winning this. I certainly can't beat you alone, and now with my central force crushed with very limited loses on your side it's probably just a matter of time.
I think you may be right, although I've learned not to underestimate you.

Unless Jotuns will regroup and rally after their recent defeats. They still only lost a single blood SC so far, and they have every unique blood summon in addition to other SC and strong troops. Why they haven't used many of them against me yet - I have no idea. They have split their main army in 4 parts about 4 turns ago to deal with my riding. Which has allowed me to ambush and destroy 2 of these smaller armies 2 turns ago.

If I would be in DrP's shoes I would keep my army together and send it all against my only southern army while it was still weak 4-6 turns ago. Instead they did attack in the beginning of the war but with the smaller force coming from the south, rather then with their main army.

To DrP's credit he did kill number of my SCs - at least 5 so far. Hmmm, I will have to start being less agressive with my SCs, now that my death gems vaults have shown the bottom...

Anyway, another big piece of good news for both Ermor and Jotun is that it looks like BL is joining the fray on your side soon. They have just informed me that they are going to attack me several turns from now, once our NAP treaty will expire. And they do have tons of SCs and other resources, since I don't think that have been suffereing any real losses for at least 15-20 turns, if not longer. We shall see how it will go...

Together three of your nations have more then 2/3 of my current gem income. And if Jotuns will get back their provinces I am currently raiding, then your combined gem income will be larger then mine. And I think you have roughly twice my number of SCs.
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM

First Lieutenant

New turn.

Newsflash:

Victory on the northern front vs Ermor!

After unsuccessfully chipping at the Ermorian's castle walls for more then 10 turns, the Army Group North of the Pythium Empire has finally breached the gate, thanks to the recent reinforcements. After furious storm the castle of Red River has been liberated from the undead yoke.

3 Ermorian SC have perished, together with many enemy mages. With northern ermorian castle in Pythium hand, the northern path toward core ermorian lands is now open.

On other two Ermorian fronts in the SE and underwater the ermorian castles are under heavy sieges with their walls either breached or crumbling.

It looks like impenetrable "Fortress Ermor" is finally cracking...
Old February 15th, 2011, 06:09 AM

First Lieutenant

In other news, from Jotuns/Pythium frontlines:

The Jotuns Unholy Horde has finally arrived. I have to say it is very impressive collection of blood uniques, mages and demonic troops...

This is going to be inresting...
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:15 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Well, it looks like you are going to win, Pyth. That hereby negates our peace treaty (allied until the game looks like a goner). Tien Chi declares war on Pythium.

Don't take it personally Corwin. I never let anyone just run the table in the late game. The amount of hurt I can do to you is probably pretty minimal... but I'll give it a shot.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:25 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingchih View Post
Well, it looks like you are going to win, Pyth. That hereby negates our peace treaty (allied until the game looks like a goner). Tien Chi declares war on Pythium.

Don't take it personally Corwin. I never let anyone just run the table in the late game. The amount of hurt I can do to you is probably pretty minimal... but I'll give it a shot.
Hmmm. We *do* have 6 tutns NAP treaty though, and as far as I know it didn't have any clauses like "if it looks like the other side is winning".

However I am kindof ok with you withdrawing from it and attacking me, as long as we are not attacking each other this turn. I would hate to redo large part of my turn that is mostly completed.
Old February 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

Break the treaty! Treach your little black heart out!

P.S., thanks for the delay. I promise a less embarrassing turn.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe