Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old February 17th, 2016, 03:52 PM

Corporal

Wiking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

I'm going to see about picking up a couple scenarios and running through them this weekend. I'm half-tempted to cook up a campaign for this, incidentally... Which should be worrying since I haven't played with the scenario editor since SP2 in the 1990's
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wiking For This Useful Post:
Old February 20th, 2016, 02:00 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm half-tempted to cook up a campaign for this, incidentally...
- Wiking

That would be smashing. That was one of my primary motivations for making this mod. I had always hoped that it would inspire people to create scenarios and campaigns and maybe even counter-mods.
Old February 20th, 2016, 02:48 PM

Corporal

I really can't promise anything of course, since my time is limited! But the interest is certainly there, and if nothing else I could probably cook up at least one silly scenario to try a stab at I'll have to make sure to retain a pristine copy to do this with, as I am an OOB tinkerer by habit and obsession.
Old February 24th, 2016, 09:27 PM

Corporal

Since its been a while, thought I'd check in and see how we're doing for a 1.0 release. I don't doubt real life caught up with you a few times though, Monty, just hoping everything is alright!
Old February 28th, 2016, 06:39 PM

Captain

Exclamation Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Quote:
Since its been a while, thought I'd check in and see how we're doing for a 1.0 release. I don't doubt real life caught up with you a few times though, Monty, just hoping everything is alright!
I re-did the heavy tanks (1970s vintage onwards) over the last couple of days. Updated icons and armour stats. I am done with that now. One more check. Then the red phone rings (so to speak), you guys get first dibs, the rest 24 hours later.

SOON.

I've made some improvements to the scenarios too. I noticed the maps on two were out of whack. I also have some settings (morale, hitting etc) that better reflect the weather conditions.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:29 AM

Captain

Update!

In the last three days I over-hauled all of my SPGs etc. It turns out they were not behaving as they should do in the game. I had put them into the wrong .shp files. I've fixed that problem and updated the OOBs.

I cannot think of anything else that needs doing - other than text files - and I'm not going to hold things up until they are all done because let's face it, it will take forever.

So keep an eye on your PMs.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 03:49 PM

Corporal

I had a passing thought the other day, and I know you're just finishing up a huge project that's been a labor of love. But have you given thought to doing a "Monty's Cut" of SPWW2? I always tweak the German WW2 OOB since its a bit of a dog's breakfast despite DRG's best efforts, so I was wondering aloud to myself what you would do if you could overhaul it haha. Don't take this as a demand, more just someone musing aloud
Old March 2nd, 2016, 07:11 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiking View Post
I always tweak the German WW2 OOB since its a bit of a dog's breakfast despite DRG's best efforts, so I was wondering aloud to myself what you would do if you could overhaul it haha. Don't take this as a demand, more just someone musing aloud
What exactly do you want tweaked? I may have it in my huge SP ammunition dump.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 07:32 PM

Corporal

I was more curious about what Monty would do if he were to tackle it. But in particular just little things like implementing the engineering half-tracks, the smaller size Sdkfz 251 and 250 sprites that he uses in Das Reich. Better LBM's for some of the vehicles (Sdkfz 221 and 222 come to mind), and especially some proper camo sprites for all of the vehicles: the Polish campaign markings with the brown and grey, the Spring 1942 camo patterns with the first applications of dark yellow over grey, etc. Just things here and there.

Hell, I'd love it if I could have some properly camo'd Infantry sprites for the Germans.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 02:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

251 engineering HT's are a waste of time and space as they have no game relevance beyond looking cute for a tiny handful of people who somehow feel we've failed because they aren't included PLUS THE OOB IS FULL

There are over 420 new Pics in the next patch for spww2,and 235 new Icons ( and counting ) as I recall there are new PICS for the 222 and 221 . Given THE OOB IS FULL a set to cover specific camo patterns to match narrow historical events is a waste of time and is one BIG step into rivet counting....... ONE of the reasons the OOB is full is we divided the German camo from grey to camo ( AND winter AND desert ) now even THAT's not good enough

Resizing the 250's and 251's is on my to-do list but there are so many variations in standard, winter and desert and they are spread all over the SHP files I've been putting it off until I have them all done as adding them half now and half later is not an option
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: