Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default New toys

Oh it is Christmas what pretty decorations we have even prettier when the Fougasse goes off, ouch that hurt dangerous decorations if actually hit you rather than the hex quite nasty. I was wondering if playing as a side with low experience is there a reasonable chance they will not go off automatically
Old December 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Oh it is Christmas what pretty decorations we have even prettier when the Fougasse goes off, ouch that hurt dangerous decorations if actually hit you rather than the hex quite nasty. I was wondering if playing as a side with low experience is there a reasonable chance they will not go off automatically
Also Wondering about it, btw Don, Andy, why the german goliath tracked mine wasn't included?i remember reading that bomb trucks were not put in, as they weren't used in WW2, but is there a way to simulate it?
Old December 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM

Sergeant

cbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
Quote:
Also Wondering about it, btw Don, Andy, why the german goliath tracked mine wasn't included?i remember reading that bomb trucks were not put in, as they weren't used in WW2, but is there a way to simulate it?
Evil, isn't it? The moment Don and Andy have given the masses a new and improved game, we start asking for more stuff

You can make your own "Ladungsträger". Just take a democharge, give it appropriate speed, size and armour and drive it into whatever you want to get rid of.
The mobile democharge does not appear to be very effective in clearing obstacles like dragon teeth, mines and such, though.

Don't now if it would be possible to create a working B IV or Goliath, that would also clear mines, but it would be a really great addition to the game, as this was the way the Germans tried to clear mines mechanically. AFAIK the Germans never had any operational mine-clearing vehicles like flails, rollers and such, only experimental vehicles.

cbo
Old December 26th, 2009, 09:12 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Evil, isn't it? The moment Don and Andy have given the masses a new and improved game, we start asking for more stuff

You can make your own "Ladungsträger". Just take a democharge, give it appropriate speed, size and armour and drive it into whatever you want to get rid of.
The mobile democharge does not appear to be very effective in clearing obstacles like dragon teeth, mines and such, though.

Don't now if it would be possible to create a working B IV or Goliath, that would also clear mines, but it would be a really great addition to the game, as this was the way the Germans tried to clear mines mechanically. AFAIK the Germans never had any operational mine-clearing vehicles like flails, rollers and such, only experimental vehicles.

cbo
Explosions DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT clear mines, this isn't WaW , anyway, i'll do a few tests
btw, i think i know the cause, the german oob is almost full, there might be some 20 slots avaiable
Old December 26th, 2009, 11:00 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The reason we didn't add the Goliath is becasue until it was mentioned here I had forgotten all about it !

HOWEVER... it would NOT be used to "clear mines"

( and yes, the German OOB really doesn't have a lot of room left but there's not a lot more to add to it either )

Don
Old December 26th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road

And let's not forget the minenraumer.
Old December 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Sergeant

cbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Explosions DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT clear mines, this isn't WaW , anyway, i'll do a few tests btw, i think i know the cause, the german oob is almost full, there might be some 20 slots avaiable
Hence the "I dont know if...."

I dont know how WaW did it - that game have never interested me much

Historically, however, while artillery fire was not an effective way of clearing mines and other obstacles, the 500 kilo charge dropped by the B IV proved itself capable of the job. Whether it can be modelled in the game, I dont know. It would obviously require something beyond the charge itself (coding, class, whatever).

But now that the democharge is included in the game, it would be nice to use a couple of slots in the OOB for the B IV ( 500 kg charge, 1193 made) and the Goliath (7579 made both E-motor and V-motor, 60 and 75 kg charge). There were a couple more (B I and B II, Springer), but they could be representede by the B IV if needed).

cbo
Old December 26th, 2009, 02:47 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

On the Goliath etc how are you going to model this, think wire controlled not radio so operator within say 6 hexes. Only he can move it & must have a LOS to at all times, even if hes pinned probably could not move as other things are on his mind.
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:02 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
On the Goliath etc how are you going to model this, think wire controlled not radio so operator within say 6 hexes. Only he can move it & must have a LOS to at all times, even if hes pinned probably could not move as other things are on his mind.
Demolition charges do not move. They dont do morale or spotting either. (If I have forgotten to disallow movement for the class, then we can kill it in the next patch).

The explosives class is the way to make suicide bombers, tankers, VIEDs etc. Take one vehicle. Add 1 driver. Make an explosive charge weapon, and make it the only weapon of the VIED with a round of HE ammo. (Add napalm for a petrol tanker bomb, explosives will set off napalm weapons carried). Press F when boom required. Simples.

As to the radio controlled Nazi thingy - who cares. Treat it as a slow regular vehicle. Who really cares whether it is controlled by alien space bats vis direct thought input or private Shulz running alongside kicking the thing. It goes to point X, unless it gets killed (when it probably explodes), and then it explodes under user command.

Andy

Andy
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
.........and the Goliath (7579 made both E-motor and V-motor, 60 and 75 kg charge).

cbo

Claus, in game terms the HEK difference between the 60 kg and 75 kg versions really wouldn't justify having both even if there were a lot of slots left both in the weapons and unit's list for that OOB and methinks even the bigger version will end up being about as useless in the game as it was in reality

Don

Last edited by DRG; December 26th, 2009 at 04:18 PM..