.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old August 20th, 2019, 09:38 PM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Italian Long Campaign

Turn 18

EN has begun their counterattack. As expected in 3rd Company, an EN platoon sized force is coming from the south. P Platoon is well-positioned and I added some artillery into the mix. The EN effort melted away after 2-3 turns.

Turn 19

1st Company sector. EN counter attack from the north. We positioned our HMGs on some high ground for suppressive fire and had 2 platoons to fight off the EN advance. The EN was unable to make any headway.

2nd Company was fast approaching their objectives, where the Engineers founds some defensive bunkers. It's important to approach a bunker from their blind side. Use smoke and terrain to mask your advance. Sometimes, if they are not pointed in the right direction, they can be ignored altogether.

Old August 20th, 2019, 09:41 PM

Sergeant

Battle Report

There wasn't any EN tanks, so their counter attack lack sufficient firepower. Pretty quick one.

The Following User Says Thank You to sigeena For This Useful Post:
Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:31 AM

Sergeant

Defend Battle against UK.

The ground here looks very good. Basically, I have an entire ridgeline which can dominate any attacked moving over the open ground. The ridgeline is also large enough for me to deploy 2 companies on it.

As usual for defensive battles, I brought along the following
- 90mm ATG Platoon emplacements (Main AT asset)
- 25mm ATG Section (Secondary AT asset)
- M-13/40 Section (Mobile AT asset)
- 2x 20mm AA Sectons
- 2x ammo carriers

I also bought 50pts worth of mines. I find that the game prefers to go around high ground, rather than over it. To exploit that, I place mines along these parts.

The only area of concern is 1st Company's sector. They have no AT asset and will rely on their infantry to go close to destroy any EN tanks.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:43 AM

Sergeant

A closer look at the various companies

1st Company

As mentioned earlier, I'm not too comfortable with how 1st Company is spread out. If the EN moves too fast, my screening platoons may just go to ground and wait for opportunities.

2nd Company

They were occupying the left wing of the ridgeline, and backed up with the 25mm ATGs. I kept them compact, and only expect the 25mm ATGs to engage fast moving lightly armoured vehicles.

3rd Company

This is literally my main battle line. The tanks upfront have license to roam and are intended to engage the EN lighter armoured stuff. The 90mm ATGs in the centre are to engage any Valentines or Matilda type of armour.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:48 AM

Sergeant

Turns 2-5

Here we spotted the EN armoured cars and light tanks making an approach to 3rd Company. I send my tanks to intercept. I do not want my 90mm ATGs to fire off too early and give away their positions.

Elsewhere in 1st Company sector, our HMGs get busy engaging lorries. The EN seems to be making this a sizeable effort. At least 4 lorries spotted, suggesting a platoon of motor infantry. Maybe a full company coming down the road?

Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:51 AM

Sergeant

Turn 5

Early skirmishing between our tanks and EN armoured cars. Not much to worry about so far. Their light tanks do not have a main gun.

Once I dealt with them, I sent my tanks hiding again, taking advantage of the terrain.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 08:18 PM

Sergeant

Turn 8

My HMGs are falling back. The EN lead tanks have cut the road but we should still be able to infiltrate backwards.

H platoon is now in a fight against the EN tanks.

Turn 20

H platoon has dealt sufficient damage to the EN advance. They took out 3 tanks and had to pull back as the EN artillery kept falling around them. EN infantry is also beginning to close in on them.

J platoon has gone to ground for now.

Turn 22

H platoon has disengaged pretty cleanly, having to sacrifice 1 section. Company HQ is supporting their movement with HMGs and 60mm mortars in direct fire.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 09:21 PM

Sergeant

Turn 10

The rest of the EN armour advanced towards the main ridgeline. My HMGs button them up from range.

Turn 13

6 EN tanks fall to the minefields. My 90mm ATGs pick them off as they lie immobile.

Turn 15

More tanks approach from the south. Again, my 90mm ATGs pick them off from range.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 09:27 PM

Sergeant

Turn 27

There is 1 Matilda left, and it's roaming in 1st Company sector. I plot arty all around their infantry, hoping that the Matilda will advance without much support.

3rd Company will now move forward and swing towards 1st Company, to support my tanks.

Turn 30

1st Company has to re-org itself as the Coy HQ was too exposed. As a result, their Matilda makes a dash forward, leaving their infantry support behind.

Old August 22nd, 2019, 09:31 PM

Sergeant

Turn 33

My tanks are leading the counter attack into the EN. 3rd Coy isn't too far behind. 2nd Coy is also pushing units up to close with the EN.

Turn 34

J platoon, which has remained quiet for most of the battle, comes alive as the EN line starts to crumble. They attack from an uncovered angle.