.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 14th, 2007, 12:17 AM

Private

Lord_Vader is on a distinguished road
Default Weird Crash

For days, no, for weeks, I've been trying to solve a most frustrating but totally odd crash on my mod.

Well, you see, I had just added in a new Tan Ru ship, and so I ran it to test it out. The first few tests I only checked out the simulator to see any faults with the ship, and everything ran smoothly. Then, one or two games later, I decided to play the actual game instead of the simulator, so I could see my new ship for real. As soon as I pressed the "Continue" button on the Lextor Mucron screen, it crashed to desktop.

I decided it must be my new Tan Ru ship, so I removed it and tried again, but the result was the same crash to desktop. I checked out the stderr file:

ERROR: audio_loadasset can't find combat/p_micmet.ogg
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Now obviously, p_micmet.ogg shouldn't actually exist, it doesn't exist in the default game, nor in any mod that I am aware of. The micrometeorite sound is a .wav not an .ogg, so I was very confused. Anyway, I decided to make a copy of the p_mdriver.ogg and then rename it to p_micmet.ogg, to see if this would fix the problem. It didn't.

When I checked out the stderr file again, it was simply:

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

So, what is this? What does it even mean and WHY is the mod crashing, when I know it's no different from when it DID work quite a while ago, barring the new p_micmet.ogg (and even without that file, it still crashes anyway).

It's possible it's actually to do with Weird Worlds on it's own, or my computer, not my mod, but... default Weird Worlds and every other mod I have still work fine, and yet my mod doesn't and for apparently no reason. Or, no reason that I can think of.