BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 19th, 2013, 08:32 PM

Private

Kurt Montandon is on a distinguished road
Default SPWWII obats in SPMBT?

Is there any easy way to transplant an obat from SPWWII to SPMBT? Because cut-and-paste apparently doesn't work, at least that I can see.

This is for ISOT purposes, for those who know what I'm talking about.
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SPWWII obats in SPMBT?

Not that I'm aware of, sorry.
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:10 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default It is Possible. But it's time consuming

Copy the Spob to a holding tank folder. Rename the orbat Obat.xxx for the orbat you want to replace. Then you have to open it with Mobhack and check every weapon, unit and formation because the unit and weapons classes for SPWW2 are different to MBT. You will also have to change Icons for most of the units because the icon numbers are different between the two programmes. And too, a great number of the WW2 icons are not in MBT. You can't just cut and paste icons because the Icon slot numbers are different. If that Icon is not in MBT it will NOT appear in the game, though it will appear in Mobhack. You will have to change the starting and stopping dates for every formation by hand, there is AFAIK no quick fix for this.
If you change the nation you will have to renationalise the units and formations. That can be done quickly. Remember that for example, Germany in WinSPWW2 is 16, West Germany in WinSPMBT is 44 and East Germany is 36. Neither country is available before their formal independence date. These are hard coded in. You'll have to ask Andy and Don why.
You will not be able to change the country name that's also hard coded in. Don't ask for the source code, you won't get it because Mnre Goodbrand and Gailey aren't allowed to give it to you.

That gives you an idea of the amount of work involved. You may or may not think it's worth it.

troopie
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:12 AM

Private

Kurt Montandon is on a distinguished road

Is there any way to use the R&D obats that are set aside (93-99) as new countries?

I have the free version right now, so this is all hypothetical, but I wouldn't mind planning in advance for other modding.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:02 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Montandon View Post
Is there any way to use the R&D obats that are set aside (93-99) as new countries?

I have the free version right now, so this is all hypothetical, but I wouldn't mind planning in advance for other modding.
No you cant - these are spare OOBs to put work into when cutting and pasting.

OOBs are hard-coded as to experience, morale, flags (and dates when these change, battle locations vs this and that opponent, which space they use on the nations selector listing etc etc. The icons for WW2 are totally different graphics files from MBT as well. Note the lack of any such editable data available in the Mobhack editor - should be a hint.

What you can find is various WW2 icons squirrelled away in odd places in post-war user OOBS. (E.g. France for Panthers, CZ for sdkfz250, the 800 series in Red, Japanese kit in Thailand and Chinese OOBs etc). See my "ZOMG Nazis!" fun scenario for use of some of these.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: