Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old July 12th, 2015, 10:55 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Exclamation BETA TEST: Das Reich

BETA TEST

Hiya Monty,

Mostly good (mostly great to be fair!). Played a few games now with different force types, different enemies, etc. The main flustrations came from a few misclassed unit types and a lack of some stuff (I know no space, lol).

Can I ask that you please Edit the OoB "Info" tab so that we can have some version control???

A few further comments / observations:

OBat #35

1. Weapon #198 MUST be the 1000lb bomb (the game uses this for ammo explosions, etc).

2. SP Mortars: [see post #111] possible this only effects Unit #312.

3. Rocket APC: [see Post #113 ] Marder and Buffel "+" versions (Units # 404, 405, 406, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421)

4. Unit #248 - Sorry can we have a more suitable icon? Shouldn't this at least be a heavy truck (Jupiter or Faun perhaps)?

5. "Info" OOB comment needs to reflect your "ownership" and Version numbers/dates so we know we are looking at the same version.

6. Formations #114 & #117 and #115 & #116 are functionally identical. Naval Artillery works a little differently than normal stuff - all types (units) will be available to choose for all formations. It's probably better to just have formations for say 4,5,6 and 8 "guns/turrets/ships".

7. It can be a little flustrating organising an amphibious assault with only 1 type of barge / landing craft and no supporting vessels. (yes I know I'm running into the space restrictions)

OBat #44

1. Weapon #198 MUST be the 1000lb bomb (the game uses this for ammo explosions, etc).

2. SP Mortars: [see post #111] possible this only effects Unit #263 sWS.

3. Unit #248 - Barge carrier see point 4 above.

4. Formation #149 set to Nation 99 - can't choose a landing craft for my marines.

5. As note 7 above - lack of support for a marine landing and no Colonial battles in the river deltas of SE Asia or "Darkest German Africa"? (no boats, rivercraft, LCS, LCG, etc and the one formation of 2 barges with only 1 type of L/C with a 250 carry capacity). A Marine Company wont fit on 4 std barges...

6. Unit #201 is out of order. All naval support is "supposed" to be consecutive and in increasing size order - as this OoB will never be used by the AI this is probably less important, but when choosing our own naval bombardments they come up in a wierd order. Perhaps move Unit #996 to slot#201, 997 to 996, 998 to 997, 999 to 998 and 201 to 999? (I know a lot of faffing for little impact )

7. No MRVs? - spot the player testing against mujahideen!

8. as before PLEASE add a comment to the "Info" OOB tab. It needs to reflect your "ownership" and Version numbers/dates so we all know that we are looking at the same version.

Enough for now

Keep up the good work!

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old July 12th, 2015, 01:29 PM

Major

Question Wesserflug

Quick version of the Wesserflug P1003:

Proposed "desert" colour scheme (or perhaps "summer") - proprotors need some work (esp in heli mode) and some general blending and shading.

Is this looking ok? Is the size about right?

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old July 12th, 2015, 02:15 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Does it also have to be called the 1000lb Bomb or can I just take my 1000kg Bombe and stick it there?
Old July 12th, 2015, 02:58 PM

Captain

Quote:
OBat #35

2. SP Mortars: [see post #111] possible this only effects Unit #312.

3. Rocket APC: [see Post #113 ] Marder and Buffel "+" versions (Units # 404, 405, 406, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421)

4. Unit #248 - Sorry can we have a more suitable icon? Shouldn't this at least be a heavy truck (Jupiter or Faun perhaps)?

5. "Info" OOB comment needs to reflect your "ownership" and Version numbers/dates so we know we are looking at the same version.

6. Formations #114 & #117 and #115 & #116 are functionally identical. Naval Artillery works a little differently than normal stuff - all types (units) will be available to choose for all formations. It's probably better to just have formations for say 4,5,6 and 8 "guns/turrets/ships".

7. It can be a little flustrating organising an amphibious assault with only 1 type of barge / landing craft and no supporting vessels. (yes I know I'm running into the space restrictions)
1 thru 5 done.

6. Naval support has to remain the way I've sorted it out. The type of weapon is listed in the name. Those buying have to stick to that. This way the loadouts on various types of ship are best represented.

7. Will take a look and see what I can cook up for 35. I was hoping that someone had some ideas for landing craft or had made some German landing craft. If not I'll do something generic for infantry and armour.

Quote:
OBat #44

2. SP Mortars: [see post #111] possible this only effects Unit #263 sWS.

3. Unit #248 - Barge carrier see point 4 above.

4. Formation #149 set to Nation 99 - can't choose a landing craft for my marines.

5. As note 7 above - lack of support for a marine landing and no Colonial battles in the river deltas of SE Asia or "Darkest German Africa"? (no boats, rivercraft, LCS, LCG, etc and the one formation of 2 barges with only 1 type of L/C with a 250 carry capacity). A Marine Company wont fit on 4 std barges...

6. Unit #201 is out of order. All naval support is "supposed" to be consecutive and in increasing size order - as this OoB will never be used by the AI this is probably less important, but when choosing our own naval bombardments they come up in a wierd order. Perhaps move Unit #996 to slot#201, 997 to 996, 998 to 997, 999 to 998 and 201 to 999? (I know a lot of faffing for little impact )

7. No MRVs? - spot the player testing against mujahideen!

8. as before PLEASE add a comment to the "Info" OOB tab. It needs to reflect your "ownership" and Version numbers/dates so we all know that we are looking at the same version.
1, 2, 4 and 8 done.

3. see above

5. see above

6. I'll leave this as is. 201 is not meant to be used that often in any case.

7. MRVs? Mobile Recovery Vehicles? Those are in 35. You need to use the OOBs together for some units. Or do you mean Mine Resistant Vehicles? OOB44 isn't meant to have any of those as such. You have to be careful around the Mujas. I might update the SPz. 60 series to compensate. We shall see.
Old July 12th, 2015, 02:59 PM

Captain

Default Re: Wesserflug

Quote:
Quick version of the Wesserflug P1003:

Proposed "desert" colour scheme (or perhaps "summer") - proprotors need some work (esp in heli mode) and some general blending and shading.

Is this looking ok? Is the size about right?
Nice desert version! Looks outstanding. Winter and camo versions (similar to the rest of the helicopters) would be much appreciated.
Old July 12th, 2015, 03:21 PM

Corporal

Wiking is on a distinguished road

He means mine-resistant-vehicles, MRAPS and the like.
Old July 12th, 2015, 04:06 PM

Captain

Ah! Do we need those?
Old July 12th, 2015, 04:08 PM

Captain

I will load up the revised OOBs on Tuesday evening. Have about half the work done already.
Old July 12th, 2015, 04:09 PM

Major

Default Re: Das Reich

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecruitMonty View Post
Does it also have to be called the 1000lb Bomb or can I just take my 1000kg Bombe and stick it there?
It can be called anything you like - just needs the stats to generate a bang

Quote:
6. Naval support has to remain the way I've sorted it out. The type of weapon is listed in the name. Those buying have to stick to that. This way the loadouts on various types of ship are best represented.
Have another try at picking naval support in a beach assault - you will see that the listed formations are identical as ALL Naval artillery can be picked. I'm happy for you not to change it just seems superfluous - I guess few folks will do amphibious assaults lol

Quote:
7. Will take a look and see what I can cook up for 35. I was hoping that someone had some ideas for landing craft or had made some German landing craft. If not I'll do something generic for infantry and armour
I can put some ideas together if you like (just done a marine contingent for my fantasy nation)?

Quote:
7. MRVs? Mobile Recovery Vehicles? Those are in 35. You need to use the OOBs together for some units. Or do you mean Mine Resistant Vehicles? OOB44 isn't meant to have any of those as such. You have to be careful around the Mujas. I might update the SPz. 60 series to compensate. We shall see.
Sorry, yes MRAP (Mine resistant) type stuff. I know the modern German army Dingo (which appears in Das Reich) is a MRV. I believe they also used a "caged" version in Afghan.

Quote:
Nice desert version! Looks outstanding. Winter and camo versions (similar to the rest of the helicopters) would be much appreciated.
Thanks, glad you like it! I will sort out the proprotors and do 2 or 3 different colour schemes - watch this space.

Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
Old July 13th, 2015, 05:02 PM

Captain

BETA TEST

UPDATE:

I have loaded up an update at the usual place: "Update 13.07.2015".

Read the attached readme for details of changes.

Look forward to incorporating the Weserflug and would like to brainstorm a bit regarding a marine landing force.