BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 2nd, 2021, 01:57 PM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vanishing buildings

It happens in all the scenarios, as far as I can tell (even MBT). A good test scenario is #726 (Battle for Rome). If you buy some heavy artillery and target hexes 22,62 or 29,61 or 50,52 or all of them you should see the multi-hex building(s) disappear if they get a direct hit in the top left corner. It doesn't happen every time there's a direct hit though.

I've attached before and after screenshots that shows the building at hex 29,61 is fine after being hit but 22,62 vanished.

I have my animation level set at 1 and sound turned off. I haven't tried your suggestion yet regarding that but I will if necessary.

EDIT: I can't figure out to attach the screenshots. They're in the 'attach files' section under 'additional options' but they don't appear when I post the message.
Attached Images

Last edited by Beeg; April 2nd, 2021 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: adding attachments
Old April 2nd, 2021, 02:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

First off if this was known to you and it appears others WHY wait until we announce we are assembling the next patch ????

Second..... the only arty available to both sides in that scenario are mortars and they don't have the power to rubble a building like that.

I did tweak the test scenario and bought the Germans some 170mm and pounded 22,62 10+ restarts of the save game I had made the turn before the arty was due to arrive. 8 times the building did not disappear. Twice it did and it stayed disappeared on the next turn BUT it was restored on reloading the autosaved game.

MAYBE ( maybe.... ) if that had been reported earlier then MAYBE we might have looked at it but not now. Right now it looks like a 20% chance this might happen and I had NOT seen it until this test but the solution is when it does happen to save the game then restart it and the building will be restored

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 3rd, 2021, 12:38 AM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road

I don't visit this forum very often and had no idea about a new patch. I just dropped in hoping to get some help with a little glitch.
Old April 3rd, 2021, 07:50 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If it happens just save the game then restart the save and the building will be restored. It's now on next year's to-do list. The fact that 80% of the time it doesn't happen and that the building will be restored by restarting the save if it does indicates a very subtle issue or combination of events causes the problem

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 3rd, 2021, 09:46 AM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
First off if this was known to you and it appears others WHY wait until we announce we are assembling the next patch ????
DRG. I asked about it last year on the MBT side of the house and you told me, save and restart it will come back AFTER I had driven my T-80 in the not-there/there building. The issue for me was it wasn't an issue, once I understood why and such. Now a full collapse from one hit of artillery would be cool and does happen in real life, does not mean it needs to be here in the game.
Old April 3rd, 2021, 11:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yeah BUT but when a player tries to enter a building hex this message...

Enter this building hex [Y/N]

Needs to be answered Y to move into the hex.

Yes?

So you saw that message but didn't see a building and drove into it anyway?

This is not a common problem otherwise we would have more than once a year reports but as I said it IS now on the list for whenever we do more code work but because it's only a 1 in 5 chance of happening it will be a real treat to figure out

Last edited by DRG; April 3rd, 2021 at 11:35 AM..
Old April 3rd, 2021, 11:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeg View Post
EDIT: I can't figure out to attach the screenshots. They're in the 'attach files' section under 'additional options but they don't appear when I post the message.
If the attachment is too big it won't show. That's why using Imgur (https://imgur.com/ )and linking to the post that way is better if the screen shot is a significant size....or just keep trimming it down until it only shows exactly what you are trying to show

Old April 3rd, 2021, 03:26 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Yeah BUT but when a player tries to enter a building hex this message...

Enter this building hex [Y/N]

Needs to be answered Y to move into the hex.

Yes?

So you saw that message but didn't see a building and drove into it anyway?

This is not a common problem otherwise we would have more than once a year reports but as I said it IS now on the list for whenever we do more code work but because it's only a 1 in 5 chance of happening it will be a real treat to figure out
No. Not when the multiple hex building collapsed vanished I did not see the Hey idiot do you really want to enter this building with your tank question. What I saw were open spaces that I moved into and crashed into the building and was stuck.
Old April 3rd, 2021, 03:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yes BUT you cannot even move into the building hex visible or not until answering Y or N so you cannot just drive in without doing that unless you were playing at the time with a pre-warning message EXE.

This obviously made a big impression as this is at least the third time you have used that example. None more recent?

Either way it is going to be looked into and maybe Andy can find the cause of what amounts to an intermittent issue but not for this release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: