.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "No space left on bg"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch View Post
Edi is taking care about the buglist summary for the devs, so in a way he might be. But the only ones that are directly involved in producing patches is the two-man-team JK for fixing bugs and KO for adding new content.
This is not strictly true, as some of the bugs are just data typos, and Kristoffer has done the greater part in fixing these. When it comes to fiddling with the mechanics, tying them into other things or unlocking previously hardcoded stuff for modders, that's Johan's exclusive territory.

I'm the keeper of the lists and the user documentation. Basically just an organizer for what's what and which category it belongs to. So the bug shortlist and modding wishes shortlist serve very much the same function for the devs as the Dom3 DB serves for modders. They don't do a lot in and of themselves, but they enable the concerned parties to do what they need to do or want to do better and more easily than if my work wasn't there.
Old October 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "No space left on bg"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaminondas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
It means there is no space left on the battleground. I've been trying to get them to listen for some versions now and gotten nowhere. I have posted multiple examples of turn files that will go boom, nothing has ever come of it.

If you examine a debug log of the turn generation you can figure out what province is causing it and reduce the forces there or eliminate the battle entirely in most cases.

There was an old bug where it happened in fortress battles that they fixed, every one I've traced since has turned out to simply be large armies, especially of larger creatures that don't pack multiple creatures per square.
Thanks, it's happening constantly now--probably because my armies are huge. How do I access the debug log?
You run the turn generation with -ddd (I don't know how many d's you need to see the relevant information, the more d's the more detail) on the command line. You'll find a logfile in the directory, with difficulty you can find where the problematic battle occurred.

If you're not seeing any battles (as your next message indicates) then it's probably between AI's and that would be very problematic to solve. I've been forced to abandon games because I couldn't change the battle.