.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 17th, 2007, 02:33 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Version 0.2

Version 0.2 is up! It adds graphics for Gambler, Watchman, Worker, Thug and adds a new multihero(es), the dreaded Ninja Turles! The mod now has a logo and a flag, too.

About the Graphics, I'm not really aiming for a stunning graphical quality, more to a "if it works, it's fine"- attitude. If something hurts your eye, report it and I'll do my best to fix the issue.

I'm still looking for feedback on balance. The current prices are only estimates, and probably need tweaking.

I'm aiming to make a fun nation, with a different gameplay from other nations and a good balance for possible MP play. If MA pythium and MA Ulm are bith 'balanced' I at least have a quite large area to land on when it comes to balance .

If someone is up to playing against me in a blitz this (or any) weekend using this nation, I'd be glad to accept the challenge. That would be a awesome oppurtunity to test the balance.

I also had a idea for a new hero, so I only need idea for one more. I really can't use the "just uberize a recruitable commander"- idea, as this nation is just a too good of an opportunity to make lame jokes and references. This is what I'm thinking; The next person to post the name of his favourite comic book superhero gets it added as hero in this nation (altered for flavor, of course)

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Version 0.2

Baa'lah of Pawn (www.pawn.se, NOT safe for work!)

EDIT:
Now that I've posted my suggestion, I'll fill in the details.

Pawn is a webcomic drawn by a Swedish artist by the name of Fredrik K. T. Andersson. He's an awesome drawer and is one of the reasons I want to learn arts - I want to be able to create stories like he does in his pictures. Any way, Baalah would be a female demon that has two forms; a size 2 one and identical, much larger form. Neither form is winged. Size 2 form would probably be stealthy and seducer. Also, both forms should be male. She can only seduce women, and be seduced by women. Shape-changing is an old and respected tradition in comic books, so it goes fine.

Martian Manhunter would also be cool, but he'd be pretty strange with Mind Burn, etherealness (or at least very high stealth/glamour), flying, rejuvenation etc. He'd make for an insane thug, even with his fire vulnerability.
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:16 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Endoperez said:
Baa'lah of Pawn (www.pawn.se)

EDIT:
Now that I've posted my suggestion, I'll fill in the details.

Pawn is a webcomic drawn by a Swedish artist by the name of Fredrik K. T. Andersson. He's an awesome drawer and is one of the reasons I want to learn arts - I want to be able to create stories like he does in his pictures. Any way, Baalah would be a female demon that has two forms; a size 2 one and identical, much larger form. Neither form is winged. Size 2 form would probably be stealthy and seducer. Also, both forms should be male. She can only seduce women, and be seduced by women.
I knew that I might end with something obscure, but there was a *no way* to see this coming. I was actually familiar with Frederick's works beforehand, I have skimmed through his archives in Elfwood. I like his works (especially the humoreous ones, the 'daddy' ones are just way too good).

Now I just need to figure out a way to strike her into the backstory of the nation. Summoning spell gone awry? Hmm.. you're given me much to ponder.. (don't worry, I like challenges). I'll start working on her once I have made all other units in the nation. (I still have: Cutthroat, Villain, Fisherman, Minion, Manifest and Librarian to make)

Old October 17th, 2007, 04:02 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

A shapechanging human would work, for the most part. The comic hasn't really come to the revelation part yet. A half-demon would also work, if we handwave certain problem with the comic's two characters...
Old October 21st, 2007, 08:03 AM

Colonel

Edited for great justice!

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:41 PM

Colonel

Default Re: Version 0.4

The mageupdate that is 0.4 is here. All recruitable units have now graphics! I also added a new combat spell for Preacher and Watchmen to use.

I also added a new hero. Only two more to go! I know that llamabeast just posted his Khemri-mod, but I'll try to hang on as I can. Perhaps a small tease will work for luring players?

Here is a screenshot of the new hero (he won't come with experience, he just fought a battle before taking that pic)
http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07443/Joe.png
Then I sended him alone to a independent province. This is the result:
http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07443/Joevstheworld.png

I hope that I managed to arouse your curiosity..

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:44 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road

Heh. Joe the Tanner is called Wonde ^^.
Second form or something?
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:10 PM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road

Heh. It's like the time I cast Enslave Mind on Thuella the Air Queen and she came back from a Gift of Reason with some generic commander's name. A good blow to the head will do strange things.
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:19 PM

Colonel

Quote:
Shovah32 said:
Heh. Joe the Tanner is called Wonde ^^.
Second form or something?
Oh.. Durr.. I took pic of the wrong guy! I have several of these lying around in my test game. (made them recruitable to test them out), that one was recruited before I haxed him to always be named Joe.

Proof:
http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07443/TherealJoe.png

Old October 31st, 2007, 05:51 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road

Wonde is superior to Joe! o_o

Even without the experience Wonde seems to have 1 more hit point, 1 more defence and 2 less encumberance.