Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old July 6th, 2015, 05:45 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiking View Post
... I've noticed that OOB35 tends to generate Denmark battlezones against most opponents (as I kind of expected, I figured there's some kind of hardcoding going on there). ... sometimes it actually will say "Denmark" and instead I actually get what I would expect: a Middle East battle zone or a South-East Asian one. It seems to work "properly" most of the time, but I have had occasions where we're in the desert and the Germans are still wearing their "normal" paint schemes instead of their "Tropical" ones. I'm not sure there's much you can do about this but I thought I'd mention it.
I believe you are right. Only thing I can suggest is using OOB44 from May 49 onwards as a starting OOB - purchasing units from 35 as allies or captured - to get a bit more variety.

Quote:
My ultimate point is that I feel like as long as there is some moderation on the player's part, they will feel sufficently challenged. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that losing even one or two tanks can bleed you a ton of points.
Agreed. Of course if the player wants to play with the super heavies he can but he has also to be aware that they are not exactly meant to be the main-stay of the Panzer arm.

Quote:
I have had some weirdness with the 8cm half-track mortars seeming to have a deadzone or being otherwise unresponsive to bombardment orders, I'm wondering if it is related to the halftrack not having the mortar as the first weapon.
Will take a look myself. Sounds like a mistake on my part.

Quote:
I thought it was very curious that the Buffalo + APC can apparently fire its ATGM's as a cluster munition? Could you explain that a little better perhaps?.
Also sounds like a mistake. Looking into it.

Quote:
One last thing about infantry; did you omit the second LMG from Panzergrenadiers for a reason? I was curious if you had a doctrinal reason you feel that practice would be abandoned after WW2. I don't think the Bundeswehr does it but that's a very different beast than this continuation. I know US Army mech infantry do have 2x SAW's.
Good question. Will get back to you on that.
Old July 6th, 2015, 05:47 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
Have to say some great sounds - they will make their way to my "main" game.
Feel free.
Old July 6th, 2015, 10:32 PM

Corporal

Wiking is on a distinguished road

BETA TEST

Was going through OOB 44 and found something you may want to take a look at: Unit 171, 174, 176 (SPzMsr. 60/2 A2) are portrayed as Light SP Mortar but the icons are a SAM site. Pretty sure that's not quite correct!

Unit 172 (Sdkfz 231 8 Rad) is missing its icons entirely though these may be a Work in Progress.
Old July 6th, 2015, 11:17 PM

Corporal

Scorpio, I'm up late so I thought I'd waste some more of your free time with pointless requests

I was thinking you could use that 1st Kaiserreich flag for OOB 44 maybe, as I've been messing around and testing them too. The lack of an eagle is a subtle difference but a tangible one which would work better than trying to add the diving eagle from the national flag.
Old July 8th, 2015, 06:26 AM

Captain

Quote:
BETA TEST

Was going through OOB 44 and found something you may want to take a look at: Unit 171, 174, 176 (SPzMsr. 60/2 A2) are portrayed as Light SP Mortar but the icons are a SAM site. Pretty sure that's not quite correct!

Unit 172 (Sdkfz 231 8 Rad) is missing its icons entirely though these may be a Work in Progress.
Posted up new icon files in folder named "missing icons". This should fix the first problem. The icon for the 231/8 Rad is already loaded - I forgot it.

5494, 5496, 5498 are the right ones.
Old July 8th, 2015, 11:38 AM

Corporal

Beta Test

So today in awkward realizations: one of the best long term opponents for oob35 is the Israelis! Hear me out: they have excellent morale, experience, a wide variety of armor and war gear in general. They use more than just American or captured soviet equipment so you get to sample British and French weaponry as well. Granted they are grossly over matched early on but by the end they rival anything the Imperial army has. Best of all, unlike Egypt the desert camo sprites seem to trigger properly when fighting Israel.

Probably best not to dwell too much on the implications of such a matchup

I also found its easy to play with the editor to "flip" the map to jungle environments so for the most part I can circumvent the games predisposition to have me fight in southern Denmark.
Old July 10th, 2015, 08:59 AM

Captain

Quote:
Beta Test

So today in awkward realizations: one of the best long term opponents for oob35 is the Israelis! Hear me out: they have excellent morale, experience, a wide variety of armor and war gear in general. They use more than just American or captured soviet equipment so you get to sample British and French weaponry as well. Granted they are grossly over matched early on but by the end they rival anything the Imperial army has. Best of all, unlike Egypt the desert camo sprites seem to trigger properly when fighting Israel.

Probably best not to dwell too much on the implications of such a matchup

I also found its easy to play with the editor to "flip" the map to jungle environments so for the most part I can circumvent the games predisposition to have me fight in southern Denmark.
Makes sense, the tech is good as are the stats ...

Is the problem with the missing icons fixed now?

Anyone fancy making a compatible Wesserflug icon? Anyone know how to edit encyclopaedia entries?
Old July 10th, 2015, 11:13 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecruitMonty View Post
Anyone fancy making a compatible Wesserflug icon?
Happy to have a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecruitMonty View Post
Anyone know how to edit encyclopaedia entries?
The text on the encyclopaedia screens? Yes - every unit can have a corresponding text file, edit / create this in a text editor. Files in "...\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT\Game Data\Text", filenames are ETnnnxxx where nnn is OoB number and xxx is unit number (FTnnnxxx are Formation Info Texts). {for example the encyclopaedia text for the Jagdpanther 2C (#129) in the Grossdeutsches Reich OoB (#35) would be ET035129.txt}.

As I said earlier (post #70) more than happy to help write em.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old July 10th, 2015, 11:21 AM

Corporal

Have not run into any more icon issues. If I do you'll be the first to know! Finals coming up means less time for gaming, but I check the forums every day.
Old July 10th, 2015, 11:37 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Question Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Can I just clarify:

You are asking for an Icon for the Wesserflog P1003 Tilt rotor, not the flying boats they made, right?

^^^ This? ^^^ (Looks eerily like the USMC Osprey ) or this one:

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod