Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old June 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aerosol Crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirmisher View Post
Do I believe you or my lying eyes?

I'm not pretending to know what they are doing up there.
Then why do you have to keep going on and on and on about it, rather than bothering to do a little research about what might actually be happening? You don't seem to have enough information to tell whether your eyes are "lying", and only started bothering to look for facts after people called you out on it.

I am sick and tired of self-righteous, greener-than-thou, paranoid Gaia-worshipping ecofreaks displaying their ignorance of science while trying to guilt-trip me into caring about their pet peeves. Especially when they're going on about hypothetical issues that might eventually be a solution rather than a problem, rather than trying to raise awareness about known bad practices that are killing people RIGHT NOW.

We sell our trash to second- and third-world countries, so that their poor can poison themselves reclaiming the reusable heavy metals, so their industries can build more useless junk for us to buy, so we can throw away our slightly older useless junk to sell back to them and continue the cycle. Yet I rarely see anyone even questioning whether they should buy the latest electronic gizmo to replace the one that they bought six months ago, because it's not "cutting edge" tech anymore, or arguing against our wasteful consumerist society.

There are plenty of "crimes" to worry about down here on the ground; you don't need to be looking for boogeymen up in the sky.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road

Ok fine.

I'll shut up. It should have been obvious to me sooner that nobody really wants to hear it. Right?

I'd just like to point out i'm not a self rightous,greener-than-thou,paranoid Gaia worshiping ecofreak who is completely ignorant of science.
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirmisher View Post
I'd just like to point out i'm not a self rightous,greener-than-thou,paranoid Gaia worshiping ecofreak who is completely ignorant of science.
I came back this soon to edit out the part about "Gaia-worshipping ecofreaks", but you'd already replied. I apologize for that bit of hyperbole.

That's the only part I'll apologize for, though.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.