BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Malfador Machinations > World Supremacy
Notices

Old March 10th, 2011, 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Post 1.06 Patch Bug List

This thread is meant to be a catch-all depository for bug reporting. If after the latest patch (1.06 as of the time of this writing) you have experienced difficulties please post a report here.
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:59 PM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Post 1.06 Patch Bug List

OK, there's plenty of stuff to mention, but not all bugs.
- AI can't use nukes. It builds them, but never uses them. So you can easily capture them and use them against the AI
- AI always builds fleets of 1 destroyer, 1 attack sub, 1 battleship etc and doesn't expand them
- AI doesn't expand very fast, usually it attacks one territory per turn, but with maximum power, doesn't seem to regard defenses in that territory
- AI doesn't use Anti-Sub choppers properly
- AI doesn't use neutral territories as protection against player attacks, rather uses all its forces to capture them (and since they're usually TOO well defended, lose most of their troops in attacks on neutral territories)
- TCP/IP multiplayer doesn't work apparently

Please add everything you have noticed, guys!
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:30 AM

Sergeant

- nuclear missiles can't be fired on sea territories, they work only inside a continent, can't be fired to other continents (sea territories are impassable for nuclear missiles, so they are basically land units in the current version).
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:00 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

Just a little detail on the AI.

With units like planes and tanks,....units that are able to move more than 1 teritory, its very common to fight in more than one territory. For example with a tank I will move into an enemy territory with my first move,...fight, and after I win, move it its second movent point into another enemy controlled territory and fight there as well. Planes are able to do this 4 times in a turn. BUT the AI will never fight in more than one territory no matter how many movement points its units have remaining. This is HUGE issue for he AI since it allows players to expand at more than twice the rate of the AI players.

The AI is horrible at overall strategy. It consistently leaves territories underdefended, it never accounts for the neutral territories to use their position on the map as a buffer/border againts other players. It seem completley clueless when naval forces are concerned.

Basically the AI needs work at every level.
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:40 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWAR View Post
Just a little detail on the AI.

With units like planes and tanks,....units that are able to move more than 1 teritory, its very common to fight in more than one territory. For example with a tank I will move into an enemy territory with my first move,...fight, and after I win, move it its second movent point into another enemy controlled territory and fight there as well. Planes are able to do this 4 times in a turn. BUT the AI will never fight in more than one territory no matter how many movement points its units have remaining. This is HUGE issue for he AI since it allows players to expand at more than twice the rate of the AI players.

The AI is horrible at overall strategy. It consistently leaves territories underdefended, it never accounts for the neutral territories to use their position on the map as a buffer/border againts other players. It seem completley clueless when naval forces are concerned.

Basically the AI needs work at every level.
That's a thing they could fix by only allowing one combat per unit per turn, but that would cause problems for aircraft because they'd lose all their movement points after fighting. If it's too difficult for Malf to improve the AI itself they really could just try to change the game rules so that the AI fares better, and then improve the AI itself (someone already suggested that in this forum, it's not my idea). Although I'd like to see the AI cope with the present rules. But one of these two things needs to be tweaked, either AI or rules. The game just needs to be a greater challenge. It's boring to win each game against the AI.

Last edited by spillblood; April 1st, 2011 at 04:51 AM..
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM

Sergeant

Malfador Machinations is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Sorry for my MIA status. Please post any bugs in this thread. I hope to start work on a new patch next week (using a public beta).

More details on multiplayer not functioning would be appreciated. You can post a synopsis here, or email a complete description to ws@malfador.com. Machine specs and DSL details would be appreciated.

This short list can't be all that you've run into...

Aaron
Web - http://www.malfador.com
Email - info@malfador.com
Old April 2nd, 2011, 01:00 PM

Sergeant

Thanks again for posting. Hmm, I can't help with the multiplayer stuff (cause I've no one to play this game with in TCP/IP at the moment), but I'll try to post other stuff.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 08:27 AM

Sergeant

One thing I've noticed a few times:
The "start battle" button that appears when you enter an enemy or neutral territory with your troops sometimes isn't clickable. But it sometimes becomes clickable again when you first solve another combat (My machine specs: AMD Athlon 2400+ (single core), 1GB RAM, Radeon HD 3450 graphics card, Windows XP).
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM

Colonel

Q is on a distinguished road

I already feared that the game was abandoned and therefore I am glad to hear a new patch is under construction.
I only played the demo so far but there are two critical bugs/problems that prevented me to buy the game until now:
1.) The AI is so weak I win every game within the 20 turn limit!
Needed improvements:
A) Expand more rapidly.
B) Focus attacks on strongest player.
C) Attack neutrals only with lowest priority.
D) If enemy is stronger avoid his main forces. Attack weaker territories using see and air transports if necessary.
2.) The combat system is completely flawed: If you wait and let the enemy move in your firing range you win against rather superior forces. If you can't have real time combats (like in SEV) I suggest that you let player A move, then player B move, then player A select the targets, then player B select the target and only then apply the damage simultaneously to the units of both players A and B. That may lead to mutual destruction of both armies, which I would count as failed attack.
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM

Private

JCrowe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Manifesto" Submissions

As per the other WS issues thread, manifesto file loaded & launched - but sent to "info@malfador...etc.", not the "ws@" address cited above in this thread. Let me know if that poses an issue and if I should re-send.

Others seem interested in reviewing a copy. Unfortunately, the Board only supports the attachment of .doc files up to 19.5K in size, and we're looking at ... 96K.

I suppose I could post the script into the thread itself directly - or into an independent thread - but that might also prove "excessive". One can only imagine the conversion rate between 'letter' and 'thread page'.