.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old February 21st, 2022, 04:06 PM

Private

a_b_danner is on a distinguished road
Default Help setting up Soviet AI units

Looking for someone to purchase and Setup the opposing force. Early 1950's, meeting engagement between USA and Soviets. US (player side) will have an armored Btn. task force. Approx. 5000 to 6000 points. The battle is for control of a strategic town. Its a long battle, high visibility.

Only criteria is that the Soviets should not have much in the way of airstrikes (unless they do for some reason).

US will set up as per regular meeting engagement, ie; on western quarter of map. Soviets setup does not have to follow that criteria.

If you can help, comment here or email be at a_b_danner@yahoo.com. I'm happy to return the favor, btw.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Slot 600 - meeting engagment US vs Sov 1952.zip (118.5 KB, 116 views)
Old February 22nd, 2022, 09:47 PM

Private

Default Re: Help setting up Soviet AI units

Anybody? Not looking for anything fancy, just something better than the computer can manage.
Old February 23rd, 2022, 10:09 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

A suggestion. I simply do not have the time to do something like that BUT.... unless you have eidetic memory what can work is set up the opposition yourself then set up a couple more then tuck them away for however long it might be that you forget where you might have put things then play them

Also the "computer can manage" a wide variety of deployments. Unlike other SP based games that are as predicatable as the sunrise

Set up a quick test game where the AI buys for both sides. Auto deploy for your side ( P1 usually ).... look at where the units were placed..... now press =

That redeploys the units. Every time you press = it will redeploy every unit and never in the same place twice

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 23rd, 2022, 01:25 PM

Private

Yes, I have been using the AI to deploy this past month (coming back to SP once again). It does a great job compared to the original game. Especially on the offense. However, it is more predictible than a human deployment. I've had some great battles with a player setting up for me, and enjoy doing the setup for others, so it's a win-win if I can find someone interested.
Old February 24th, 2022, 08:13 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

I can do it for you a_b...

Can you give me a few hints at the grand picture for this setup, Grosspetersdorf is a town in Austria (near the Hungarian border)..., is that important?
Old March 2nd, 2022, 03:17 PM

Private

Wulfir, Im playing the first battle of a campaign (finishing it up, actually). On a different map. A meeting engagement, and he AI is doing a decent job. If you're still willing, I'll email you the second battle, on the Grosspeterdorf map. Probably a Delay battle. Let me know, and give me your email if you can (i check it more than here). My regular email is dan@upcparks.com Thanks!