.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM

Private

lyze is on a distinguished road
Default unit attribute questions for modding

I'm playing around with making a custom nation and have run across a couple things. I've been unable to find a master list of all the attributes that can be added to a unit. I've checked the modding documentation that came with the game and gleaned a bit from other people's mods but I can't find the attribute to transport units into other environments, like the Sea Kings underwater transport ability. I tried #uwtransport 10 and that doesn't seem to be it (that was a pretty big guess in the dark for me).

Would anyone know the attribute for commanders that can transport other troops, either underwater or granting fly? Also is there a masterlist of all the attributes anywhere? I've tried searching the forums but I don't think I'm searching the right terms.
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

Swan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: unit attribute questions for modding

Quote:
Modding is 60% coding, 30% compromising and 10% clever hacks
For example a commander with water-transport function can be created by giving to a commander a water-transporting item.
All the tag you can give to a commander are either in the manual or in the modder wishlist, also the modding tips and tricks thread is a good read on this topic

Emo worm's summons
Prydain, deathborn kingdom
Nameless city expansion pack feat. swan's herd
Venexia, the most serene republic
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM

Private

I would think there's got to be an attribute code for underwater transport due to the number of commanders that get the ability. If it can be done with an item (which I had considered) is there a way to make the item invisible on the unit profile or at least unremovable?
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road

You'd be better off asking the Scenarios, Maps, and Mods sub-forum.

There's no way to assign this directly, but you can use #copystats to copy a unit with already as a baseline, and then modify the other attributes. For instance, the Son of the Dragon King has underwater transport, and not a lot of other attributes like being a seducer or granting luck that you might not want to copy.

You can't mod an item onto a unit (except via map commands.)
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

I'm no modder, but you might look at #copystats.

Oops. Should have refreshed before posting.
Map Forge - Map editor
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:28 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyze View Post
I'm playing around with making a custom nation and have run across a couple things. I've been unable to find a master list of all the attributes that can be added to a unit. I've checked the modding documentation that came with the game and gleaned a bit from other people's mods but I can't find the attribute to transport units into other environments, like the Sea Kings underwater transport ability. I tried #uwtransport 10 and that doesn't seem to be it (that was a pretty big guess in the dark for me).

Would anyone know the attribute for commanders that can transport other troops, either underwater or granting fly? Also is there a masterlist of all the attributes anywhere? I've tried searching the forums but I don't think I'm searching the right terms.
The way to do it is to use #copystats on a unit that has the trait you are looking for and then writing over all of his stats so that the #copystatted monster becomes the dude you are rying to make. Here is the list of monsters with UW transport in vanilla. You should try to pick a unit that has as few tags as possible, because you can't get rid of, say, Dagons "Trample" attribute. Son of the Dragon King is a prime target, as is the "Son of the Sea" pretender -> Although if you use the Son of the Sea remember to disable his "pretenderness" by makig a #restricted god for the independents (basically disabling the copy as a preender.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Quote:
Modding is 60% coding, 30% compromising and 10% clever hacks
For example a commander with water-transport function can be created by giving to a commander a water-transporting item.
All the tag you can give to a commander are either in the manual or in the modder wishlist, also the modding tips and tricks thread is a good read on this topic
You can't give magic items to commanders with modding tools (except for weapons and armor).

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burnsaber For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2010, 09:28 AM

Private

Thanks for the help guys, I'll give that a shot.