.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 4th, 2009, 07:41 AM

Corporal

Amonchakad is on a distinguished road
Default Crusaders - Mod Heavy Ea game [Game Over - Kietsensei wins!]

The game is finished! Kietsensei of EA Oceania has been declared the winner!

Hi everyone!

I'm quite a new player of dom 3, but I'm really liking it and now it's the time to host my first game

Now, this won't be a normal game; I want to employ many gameplay-changing mods and see how they work with each other.

The mods I'm planning to include are:
-CBM(We all know this one)
-CPCS (More early and mid game multipath spells)
-Holy War (Gives a lot more holy spells/units/sites, changes the role of priests by quite a lot)
-More Magic Sites(Adds around 150 magic sites to the game)
-Llamabeast's Streamers & Standards(Just for the eye candy)

The game information:

Early Age

Map:Land of Legends

Players: 12

-Amonchakad: Arcoscephale
-Lavaere: Fomoria
-Strabo: Ermor
-Aethyr: Helheim
-Gregstrom: Lanka
-Pelthin: Yomi
-Anthropos: T'ien Ch'i
-shard: Sauromatia
-Llamabeast: Tir Na N'og
-Dragar: Abysia
-Burnsaber: Agartha
-Kietsensei: Oceania

Settings:Everything to default except
-magicsites 50
-HoF 15

Turns:24h for the first 20, then 48h. We can go to 72 hours if requested.

Now,because of the high number of balance-changing mods, this won't be a normal game: what I'd really hope we're going to do is giving a lot of feedback on the mods' balance.
I suggest you read the changes made from the various mods.
If, while playing, you find something that you think is overpowered, useless or just unbalanced, post it in the game thread.
Also,if we all agree that something is really ruining the game's fairness, we will change it on the fly(as far as i get it,mods CAN be changed mid-game).

Soo...I think that's pretty much everything; if I forgot something, just tell me, as I said it's my first time^^
Let's see if there is enough interest for an odd game
Attached Files
File Type: rar Crusaders3.rar (1.95 MB, 183 views)
File Type: rar LandofLegends (C)2.rar (420.6 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by Amonchakad; February 18th, 2010 at 04:53 PM..
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:55 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crusaders - Heavy Mod Testing Ea game [Recruiting]

I think you should test it a bit more. Those are the mods we are "trying" to use in Unsanity. They seemed to work at first but a lot of spells are screwed up summon wrong things or don't summon at all, some pretenders are bugged, cheat messages appear, nations disappeare, and once we tough it was all fixed and uploaded the pretenders the game disappeared from Llamaserver.
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:04 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
I think you should test it a bit more. Those are the mods we are "trying" to use in Unsanity. They seemed to work at first but a lot of spells are screwed up summon wrong things or don't summon at all, some pretenders are bugged, cheat messages appear, nations disappeare, and once we tough it was all fixed and uploaded the pretenders the game disappeared from Llamaserver.
Oh I know, I actually got the idea from your game
After reading its description, I tried to merge all those mods in a SP game, leaving out only the Antilarium metamap. I think that the problem is caused by Mithology, because with it on, I had all sorts of bugs and crashes, then I took it off...bam!
No more problems. I've already played 3 SP games with the combination of mods I plan to use in this game(though I was using them separately,I had yet to merge them into a single mod)and i never had a single problem.

I'll do a couple more games with it, but I think that all your problems are caused by the Mithology mod( or possibly Antilarium).
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:05 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Since he didn't include the mytheology nor the antilarium mod, his work will be much easier.

You should double-check that the magic sites and summon spells give units they are supposed to give, that gave us most headache.
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:21 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
Since he didn't include the mytheology nor the antilarium mod, his work will be much easier.

You should double-check that the magic sites and summon spells give units they are supposed to give, that gave us most headache.

Thanks for the hint, I've start doing that and in 5 minutes I've already found a couple of bugs.I'll have to reupload the mod file after I've fixed them all...the game won't start until we have enough people anyway

By the way, does anyone know a way to mod a map so that i can see every single site?
Looking at the mod file and double-checking all IDs is quite tedious...
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Corporal

Allright,I think I fixed everything(check first post); the combined mod should be ready now
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:59 AM

Sergeant

Lavaere is on a distinguished road

War Cleric, recruited from Lighthouse of Faith. Doesn't have any weapons, just his fist. But when I looked at the dm file it says.

#weapon "Axe"
#weapon "Throwing Axe"
#weapon 56
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:49 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavaere View Post
War Cleric, recruited from Lighthouse of Faith. Doesn't have any weapons, just his fist. But when I looked at the dm file it says.

#weapon "Axe"
#weapon "Throwing Axe"
#weapon 56

Hmm, I just did a test game and the War Clerics look fine.Are you sure that you don't have any other mod active?

EDIT:I'm doing more playtesting and I'm finding more small bugs,mostly typos.I suppose I'll just keep working on it until we have the game ready.
By the way,is noone really interested in joining? I'm putting a lot of work in polishing the mod you know
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonchakad View Post
EDIT:I'm doing more playtesting and I'm finding more small bugs,mostly typos.I suppose I'll just keep working on it until we have the game ready.
By the way,is noone really interested in joining? I'm putting a lot of work in polishing the mod you know
If you find any typoes in Holy War/CPCS, would you mind taking notes of them and telling me, so that I can fix the main versions?

Well, there are many games recruiting at the moment. Filling up might take time, because people are hitting their personal limits. My personal maximum is 4 games. I'm currently in 3, but I'm saving one because when I manage to complete my UW Gameplay Enchanment mod, I need to make a test game for it. Alugra needs a test game too.

The "Testing" and the current posts about bug fixing might also scare people. Besides, it's only been what 6hours? Cripple_Fight with 13 players took 3 days to fill up.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonchakad View Post
If you find any typoes in Holy War/CPCS, would you mind taking notes of them and telling me, so that I can fix the main versions?

Well, there are many games recruiting at the moment. Filling up might take time, because people are hitting their personal limits. My personal maximum is 4 games. I'm currently in 3, but I'm saving one because when I manage to complete my UW Gameplay Enchanment mod, I need to make a test game for it. Alugra needs a test game too.

The "Testing" and the current posts about bug fixing might also scare people. Besides, it's only been what 6hours? Cripple_Fight with 13 players took 3 days to fill up.
Sorry about the hurry,I don't really have a lot of patience

About the bug fixes...yeah I can write down a list.I just have to remember all the ones that I already fixed