.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $7.00

   







Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:44 PM

Jolly Roger Jolly Roger is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hamburg / Germany
Posts: 187
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Jolly Roger is on a distinguished road
Admin Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

So far I received all turns.
The last turn I sent was turn 6.
For uncertain reasons I didn´t receive turn 7, even after
using the resend option.

Very strange.

Thanks for you help,

Klaus
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM

Executor Executor is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 48
Thanked 84 Times in 46 Posts
Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
Soo. I take it we did not use my idea of manually placing starting positions on the map? Because I do *NOT* envy the guy who have to pick a year 1 war with Executor in a couple of turns due to a terribad starting position and having no other choice.

Anyway, whoever started in the south west or the south east corner better identify themselves now so that we can HATE YOU FOREVER!
That's some quick scouting there Cor! How the heck did you run into my neighbor before even I did, especially given his start position?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Corinthian's Avatar

Corinthian Corinthian is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 388
Thanks: 17
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Corinthian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
Soo. I take it we did not use my idea of manually placing starting positions on the map? Because I do *NOT* envy the guy who have to pick a year 1 war with Executor in a couple of turns due to a terribad starting position and having no other choice.

Anyway, whoever started in the south west or the south east corner better identify themselves now so that we can HATE YOU FOREVER!
That's some quick scouting there Cor! How the heck did you run into my neighbor before even I did, especially given his start position?
You of all people should know the power of Ermorian Theurgs, Executor! They can speak with the dead and have even developed an artifact known as the "Score Graph"! If you chant the right words and cross your eyes just so, it can reveal all manner of exotic information. (Hint: There is only one Fountain of Rubies on this map.)

Good luck with that Stegadon invasion you have going on there. That should be some bumfight. Normally I'd say that tramplers would have an advantage vs heavy infantry. But just about every troop type that Itza got is coldblooded and the dwarves like their dominion cold. Also we are heading for winter. The dwarves should have problem invading Itza and Itza should have problems invading the dwarves. But they must fight. THEY MUST!

As for how I knew the two of were there, I will give you another hint: (Look closely at your capitol. You have a very special capitol.)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:34 AM

starcryst starcryst is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 110
Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
starcryst is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post

Good luck with that Stegadon invasion you have going on there. That should be some bumfight. Normally I'd say that tramplers would have an advantage vs heavy infantry. But just about every troop type that Itza got is coldblooded and the dwarves like their dominion cold. Also we are heading for winter. The dwarves should have problem invading Itza and Itza should have problems invading the dwarves. But they must fight. THEY MUST!
Bah, We lizards have no quarrel with our Dwarven neighbors. It's all hot and steamy up here and one thing we know dwarves aren't, is hot and steamy! And Dwarves don't taste good either. We will stay in our swamps if they stay in their caverns.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM

Executor Executor is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 48
Thanked 84 Times in 46 Posts
Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Hmmm. I disregarded crowns as capitals as they made no sense. One half of the map seems to be practically inhabited by only two nations. WL, you seriously need to start paying attention to this in larger games. It's no fun getting in turn 6 wars all the time.

Well on the upside we the dwarfs are not in war with Itza if you're curious, and I'm really glad I used the expansion strategy that I did.
On the downside I am facing tramplers and it seems like you're my second neighbor, eh?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:05 AM

starcryst starcryst is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 110
Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
starcryst is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Hmmm. I disregarded crowns as capitals as they made no sense. One half of the map seems to be practically inhabited by only two nations. WL, you seriously need to start paying attention to this in larger games. It's no fun getting in turn 6 wars all the time.

Well on the upside we the dwarfs are not in war with Itza if you're curious, and I'm really glad I used the expansion strategy that I did.
On the downside I am facing tramplers and it seems like you're my second neighbor, eh?
We are peaceful lizards. We just want to bathe in the sun all day and eat small pigs smothered in tobasco sauce.

I second the point about the starting positions though. Pretty crowded up here.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
WraithLord's Avatar

WraithLord WraithLord is offline
General
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 3,465
Thanks: 511
Thanked 162 Times in 86 Posts
WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Well, the issue was raised before the game started by Corinthian. If I were a capable cartographer I'd have set fixed start points. Seeing as I'm not and none stepped up or even commented on this we went ahead w/ what is.

For the record I met first nation on turn 5 (IIRC).
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old December 6th, 2012, 08:32 AM

Executor Executor is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,245
Thanks: 48
Thanked 84 Times in 46 Posts
Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Hmph! God damn you Jolly Roger...

WL, like I said after YARG, feel free to PM me with such requests. I could have done it here had I paid attention of the thread. It's a relatively quick job.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old December 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM
WraithLord's Avatar

WraithLord WraithLord is offline
General
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 3,465
Thanks: 511
Thanked 162 Times in 86 Posts
WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Oh, I took into account your generous offer for YARG5. I didn't want to ask you another time.
Next time, I will

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old December 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Jolly Roger Jolly Roger is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hamburg / Germany
Posts: 187
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Jolly Roger is on a distinguished road
Admin Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Executor.

Please let me know, why you condemned me ?
Don´t use gods name for such issues.

Regards, Klaus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1999 - 2021, Shrapnel Games, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.