.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 8th, 2008, 09:31 PM

Corporal

Randvek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stinky Slimy Things

Quote:
Omnirizon said:
It seems that any REAL pretender, actually REALLY playing within the bounds of the game universe...

Fighting for godhood is a bit different from constructing political power strategies though...
You somehow imply that we are not striving for godhood in the real world. What a crazy world-view you have.
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:22 AM

BANNED USER

Omnirizon is on a distinguished road

in the real world godhood is the strife, not the goal.
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:11 AM

Corporal

Randvek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Omnirizon said:
in the real world godhood is the strife, not the goal.
We definitely live in different worlds. Godhood is my goal.
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM

Corporal

hoo is on a distinguished road

This entire time I thought Pan was the greatest threat. I don't think he's in the top 2 right now. Of course that could change if he steams through TC but there are scarier forces out there for sure!
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img]
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img]
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] + [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon24.gif[/img] >
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

The fields of Tien Chin have been a bit less productive the last few harvests. The Minister of Agriculture has ordered a large supply of fertilizer from Pangea and looks like it will arrive shortly.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old May 9th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hoo said:
This entire time I thought Pan was the greatest threat. I don't think he's in the top 2 right now. Of course that could change if he steams through TC but there are scarier forces out there for sure!
Utgard is in position to make a call. (At work so guessing some numbers...)

Hmmmm.... 1000+ bonefiends and a bunch of arch devils in my northern domain. ~1000+ archer ponies with tartarian artillery + a "who's who" list of SCs (dressed to party) in the southern. Hmmm. I guess time will tell.

I must say these late game battles are a true learning experince for me. I would certainly do many things differently if I could go back a few turns... or even back to turn 1...

-SSJ

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM

BANNED USER

err.... i suppose everyone knows, but to clear up any misunderstanding, 'Pan' and all his tasteless activities are only a simulacrum for another nation once in this game. Pan, to my knowledge, hasn't done anything implied in the above conversation.

the particular nation that did was 'feeding' or 'pushing' another player to give them a fabricated advantage, thus upsetting the natural flow of the game:

from the "Cheating Online" guide:
"feeding/pushing - ...In peer-to-peer games/competition games, you can also feed a friend by making characters that will be there to just LOSE, thereby giving massive exp, gold, etc to the cheating team or character. Pathetic!"

I get the feeling this happens in Dom3, given high chances that we will both make allies and lose. Maybe we don't _make_ the nation to lose, but it happens, and when it does some give away all their stuff. If your not going to play out to the bitter end, then you at least shouldn't give away stuff to another nation. I think such is questionable behavior at best, and should generally be considered cheating or at least disruptive in Dom3.
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:01 AM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

Omnirizon:

If you are killed it is natural thing that you give your remaining gems, items etc to your ally. Why would you let them just disappear? They can be used to harass the one that killed you

But what is going on anyway?

LA Agartha guide
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:57 AM

BANNED USER

why would you give them away when your hoping to become god?

and the whole action introduces possibility for metagaming.

"I give all my stuff away to this guy in a game, now this guy likes me and we get along and can watch each other's backs in another. I don't like this guy, so I give away stuff to make sure he has a harder time in game."

I mean it is just a game, and not all that important. But it seems we should behave in ways that are going to keep the games as balanced as possible.

I think I'll start a poll and see what others think. It's kind of interestng.