.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old November 19th, 2007, 09:05 PM

Corporal

Phlagm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod: Even Weirder Worlds *** Now 1.02

Oh and I'm working on another main quest right now, and I also have a partial fix for the vanishing cambrian woes.
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:25 AM

Corporal

Oh and if anyone wants to ensure that it pops up every time, you can do the following:

Duplicate game.ini. Take the original file, and delete the quest names kawangi, damocles, and brood2 which come right after tutorial. (when you're sick of it, you can delete game.ini and rename your copy to game.ini). YOu'll also need to chance the mainquest frequency number from 4 to 1 in numbers.ini.
Old November 20th, 2007, 12:43 PM

Corporal

No dice on the new, new, new attempt at coming up with a unique quest for the corrupted Tan Ru. I was counting on that "misbehavior" of reinitializing a planet mentioned in the Mod Maker's guide, but it either wasn't there, or just didn't work like I was hoping.

But here was the idea: The corrupted tan ru start offmap and attack the tan ru. Then I have a second copy of the tan ru homeworld that hasn't been initialized with a corrupted fleet set to attack the zorg. So when they arrive, they destroy the tan ru fleet and appear to move on to the zorg. In this way I was hoping to apparently give a ship a changing trajectory.

It doesn't work.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 05:09 PM

Corporal

clomaka is on a distinguished road

This is a really terrific mod Phlagm! and i love the newest updates, especially the Sphyrna. Looking good and keep up the good work!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM

Private

lexicat is on a distinguished road

Hi Phlagm!

Great work. Keep it coming. I notice that in the haven.ini file you have a 4th and fifth STAR command. However, the Modmaker's Guide to the Galaxy suggests that there can only be four STAR commands numbered 0-3.

Thoughts?

Lexicat
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM

Corporal

Hey thanks guys, and to lexicat, doh! I was doing some tinkering, and I thought I had cleared that out. It has no effect anyway. I think they updated the limits so that you can have up to 8 stars (0-7) in a quest now.I just look on the page that tells the limits.

I think those didn't evaluate because it just won't do ITEM random tech in a STAR block.

If you can tell me why a quest having only this in it:

FLAG
KEYS

STAR 0
FLAG
FLET cambrian -5
END STAR

won't evaluate, please tell me. I can't figure it out.

-Jeremy
Old November 29th, 2007, 06:11 PM

Private

Singewulf is on a distinguished road

Just found a crash bug associated with your new main quest (which I found legitimately, FYI). Part of explaining this gives away a spoiler but I can't explain it otherwise, so spoiler ahead:

__________________________________________________ _________
I had just gotten the third object from the Netherglades. I had a full inventory of objects in my cargo space, so I switched out an object for the new object (Golden Statue I believe.) When I placed the replacement object into the "planet inventory" suddenly a duplicate of the Statue appeared in the planet inventory. Without doing anything else more duplicates of the Stutue popped up under the planet inventory until after about 15 or so duplicates popped, then the game crashed out to Windows.

Just wanted you to be aware if you haven't seen this yet. FYI, I had already received the plea for help from Glory at this point.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM

Private

Yo Phlagm!

The ModMaker's Guide is a little outdated, but I wonder if those ITEM commands should be ITMS commands?

Lexicat
Old February 23rd, 2008, 02:31 PM

Private

Default Re: Mod: EWW: Recombobulator

Hey Phlagm,

I have an idea for the recombobulator. It might suffer from memory issues with the game engine, BUT:

instead of trying to remove a random object, remove _all_ objects by name:

REMV it_torc.ini
etc...

then, follow this with some number of new items:
ITMS 2 tech
ITMS 1 loot
etc...

just an idea.

You could probably fiddle with conditionals and a few different versions of the quest page that remove/add different items. For example, one page might remove all weapons, and add a bunch of life forms. You get the drift. . .

Lexicat
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Mod: EWW: Recombobulator

The problem is that REMV has to have a specific item name. It won't take a random thing. If you do THIF or SABT, the item will pop up elsewhere inexplicably.

What ends up happening, is that none of these things are too terrible in and of themselves, but by the time you get to soemthign that will work, it practically resembles my idea in no way, and no longer seems fun or useful.

I just wanted an item that would remove an item, and give you another, and occaisionally do additional quirky things. i think it could be done extremely simply, but it'd have to be in the coding.

I've actually gotten a little disillusioned because there is this bizarre roof I've hit with the races. Now when I add one, I kill another, and that means that I'm never actually adding any races.

Seen the Cambrians lately?