The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Ibology > Approaching Infinity

Old April 13th, 2015, 12:51 AM

Corporal

DamienPS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reports of bugs or possible bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibol View Post

[EDIT]:
and it's really great to see that there are only 5 things reported since the last update, and none of them are critical!
That is great news.
Old April 13th, 2015, 04:11 PM

Corporal

rlnonay is on a distinguished road

A few things I have observed:

1. (twice now) - I have sectors 100 % explored, all planets and wrecks explored, yet on the warp screen it shows 1 planet unexplored. Is it invisible??

2. Artifacts with strange effect. I had one that gave me a penalty for choosing both beneficial and negative effect... with no third choice, I am unable to identify it (I sold it to firax for quest so no longer have it...)

3. I have another artifact that has the negative effect of reducing suit oxygen. Before selling it, I had 416 oxygen. After, 368... seems like it was increasing oxygen.

4. Very frequently there are unreachable areas in both caves and on cave planets. Sometimes these areas have components too... :-(
In a related situation, at least 6 times I have had a component appear at the edge of a cave complex (edge of the walk-able part), yet be unable to pick it up (I was not carrying any other large item) - almost like it was in the wall.
Old April 13th, 2015, 04:44 PM

Corporal

Oh yeah - one more

Using the shipwreck editor, I get crashes on attempting to save the plan (it says I don't have permission to write, and then closes).
Old April 13th, 2015, 10:26 PM

First Lieutenant

ibol is on a distinguished road

Hi, rlnonay, welcome to the forums! Thanks for the list. I will address each point, after I ask you this very important question:
Do you have version 1.1 installed? (the update) If you do, it will show 1.1.0 on the title screen.

1. I have never noticed that, but I will look into it.

2. this kinda relates to the 'update' question, because there used to be a bug where clicking the mouse would register as a choice for *both* questions, and cause "false failures".

3. That is interesting. Also obviously disappointing. There are other things that can effect your oxygen, but if you looked before and after selling it, i'll take your word for it. I think i'll need to force all negative artifacts to check for that.

4. unreachable areas in caves is basically working as designed. In the new (and as yet unreleased) update, I've made those areas more accessible, with the right power. I have seen devices spawn on top of cave walls (making them see-able but not get-able). That is bad, and I will check, but it might remain.

5. The shipwreck editor thing: You would need to change the write permissions on your "my documents" folder. I honestly don't see why Approaching Infinity would run fine, while the editor would not, but it seems like that might fix the problem.

5b. Thanks for trying the ship editor. It's great to see what people come up with.

Bob
Old April 14th, 2015, 02:42 PM

Corporal

Sorry, forgot to mention that I am using 1.10 :-) On windows 7 pro, 64 bit, SP1.

The ship editor problem might be because I was running it on a different system (lunch time, at work...) - one without AI installed. (Win 7 enterprise 64 bit sp1)

I do have write permissions, which is why I thought the error message real odd.
Note it does seem to work on my home system (with AI installed)...
Old April 15th, 2015, 04:32 PM

Corporal

Baldrick is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I as making the Tentaculons quest line and when I accepted the last quest and said yes to the message related to the end of the game, the game sent me directly to the victory screen. Afterwards, the game closed. I thought I had to start a new game, but I could continue the game as if I had not accepted the quest. The quest was still available. Has it happened to anyone else?.
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:42 PM

First Lieutenant

Hi, Baldrick.

It's actually kind of designed that way. I just can't bring myself to delete your save, even if you choose to finish the game with a winning quest. It just seems like a really jerky thing to do, so I didn't.

If there was an overwhelming consensus among players that they would in fact like there winning games to be truly and finally OVER , then I can update that.
Old April 16th, 2015, 04:16 PM

Corporal

Hi Ibol,

I am afraid I did not explain the case correctly. I have read my post and it was not really clear. I went to the victory screen without doing the quest.That is why I think there is a bug.

Anyway, regarding your comments about finishing tha game or not after victory, I think it should be optional to finish or go on playing after you reach victory. So it is fine as it is now.
Old April 18th, 2015, 09:44 AM

First Lieutenant

Hi, Baldrick

It turns out that I did *not* understand you correctly. Pretty sure I do understand you now.

The thing is, some "victories" occur by *accepting* the final quest. You don't actually have to do anything at that point, it has all been done.

There should be a red pop-up message that says "accepting this quest will end your game". Key word being "accepting".

Sorry for the confusion.
The Following User Says Thank You to ibol For This Useful Post:
Old April 18th, 2015, 05:16 PM

Corporal

Thanks Bob,

Everything is clear. Ok.

Victory at last! (On easy level).

This quest line is great. I love it.