The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Shrapnel General

Old August 11th, 2003, 06:10 PM

Private

Gizah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BaseBrawl!!! Big bats, Hard Balls.

Sorry to hear that Mike. I'd put my pre-order in for a Blood Bowl remake right now. Here's a Blood Bowl remake/mod link that you might find interesting.

http://www.gonegold.com/ubb/ultimate...=008095#000000
Old August 13th, 2003, 11:41 PM

Major General

Psitticine is on a distinguished road

Yo Mike!

This sounds like a really promising project. I think just the thing that'd make baseball more interesting is the ability for the batter to keep the bat with him and have to FIGHT for those bases. <eg>

Seriously, though, maybe the basemen should have a chance to block (ala football, or maybe as even even more OTT Version, ala certain Jackie Chan movies <g>) incoming runners.

The image of the game-play that pops to my mind is a chance for the pitcher to put it over the plate, or aim for the batter. If he hits the batter, there's a chance for injury. (And detailed injury locations that effect player performance are a must!) The batter would get a walk though, and not get challenged by the baseman. If the pitcher throws it over the plate, there's a check to see how the swing goes, and if it goes far enough, the batter has to contend with the basemen. And, if one side wants to just mess up a star hitter, they might walk him and let a bruiser baseman go over-the-top in his defense, get ejected, but put the batter out of the game for the series . . .

Yeah . . . just picture it . . . the CARNAGE! <weg>

Oh, and team managers, doctors, trainers, etc. would be a great addition. Maybe stats like team spirit could add in to "morale checks" while training gives boosts to skills. The doctor would get a chance to rehab players between games (or even between innings for minor injuries) and there might also be a physical trainer to build up toughness as well as a skill trainer for hitting/batting/etc.

Fertile area for a game . . .

(Gives me a mod idea too! The martial arts add-on! Will the Shaolin Sluggers with their Snake Fist style outpitch the Kung Fu Klubbers with their Dragon Fist batting technique?!? OK, maybe that's going too far . . . <g>)
Old August 14th, 2003, 12:51 AM

Sergeant

Sniper is on a distinguished road

Slightly related to this subject, there was an excellent future sports game called Crush Deluxe which had medical and skills and stuff. It was really good

Id love to see someone make a genuinely good Version of bloodbowl with a season system

Me and my circle of friends have been playing a long running game of Blood Bowl using 1st edition rules that we've tooled a bit.

We're now on our 24th season and the game is great with each team with its own history and all time greats

I'd love to see it on computer

Cheers