.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old August 17th, 2002, 09:12 PM

Captain

ZeroAdunn is on a distinguished road
Default Mutliplayer?

Well, this is my biggest gripe about the game, no multiplayer. The game really needs mutliplayer. What do you think?
Old August 17th, 2002, 09:51 PM

Private

JJ Sonick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mutliplayer?

Well, I don't really see how that could work. It's set up a single character RPG right now, so if you're talking about multiple people going on the same adventure (playing the same module), that'd take a huge revamp of the program to have a multi-character party system.

If you're talking about having a persistent Online world that masses of people can be playing on at the same time, that's a huge can of technical worms that requires a big team of people create, manage and maintain, something that's far beyond the high-quality but small-scale projects Malfador and Shrapnel are known for. Look at all the trouble huge companies with massive budgets have with maintaining Online worlds.

Maybe a multi-character party would be a nice addition down the line, and then multiplayer control of those characters, but I certainly don't think those are essential "missing" elements to the game as is.
Old August 17th, 2002, 10:26 PM

Captain

ZeroAdunn is on a distinguished road

I actually think the ability to have other people in the world with you is a definite plus for the game. I'm not talking massive multiplayer here, just a few friends, or as many people as whoever is hosting the game can handle.

As for a multi part system it is easily moddable using a similer setup as familiars.
Old August 19th, 2002, 04:41 PM

Major

DirectorTsaarx is on a distinguished road

I'm definitely in favor of multiplayer, in the sense of a multi-character party with multiple people in control of those characters. My GF and I have been playing Baldur's Gate in co-op mode for the Last few weeks, and it works out very well... much better than each of us playing our own games on separate systems...