.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old November 1st, 2003, 12:32 PM

General

David E. Gervais is on a distinguished road
Default DO bugs that will hopefully be patched..

If you know of any bugs that you think should be patched, post them here. I'll repost them in the beta forum.

Cheers!

P.S. I already posted this report..

Quote:
Originally posted by henk brouwer:
Hmm I could think of a number of bugs that need fixing.. Maybe we could make a list of those so someone could post them in the beta-forum. here's a couple that I could quickly remember:

-spell effect stacking bug : skills/spells that increase statistics of the caster can be cast multiple times for an additive effect. ( casting lvl I barkskin several times will give 95% protection for 20 seconds) it would be more logical if the time limit would stack instead of the other values, so casting barkskin five times would give 20% protection for 100 seconds.

-Broken scrollbars: The scrollbars in some windows don't work (quest window, load tile window in tilegenerator, possibly others)

-summoned monsters summoned monsters won't attack monsters that are summoned by enemies.

-Statgenerator utility is broken The Statgenerator utility doesn't work with 1.06 files. It refuses to load monster.txt files with "anchored 3 squares" (and likely other movement types that were added in 1.06) it also refuses to load item.txt files with glyps and/or orbs.

-Text windows The text windows that pop up after completing a quest should pause the game.

Then there are ofcourse many fields in the datafiles that have not been implemented. Especially the missing quest options would make a good addition.

[ November 01, 2003, 10:33: Message edited by: David E. Gervais ]
Old November 2nd, 2003, 01:37 PM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DO bugs that will hopefully be patched..

Another possible bug:

I've found this neat battle-axe wich among other nice things has a "21% chance to make monsters flee" but it does not seem to do much. Ocassionally (in far less than 21% of cases, more likely 2.1%) a monster that has been hit wil get a "panicked" ability listed with it's other abilities, but it's behaviour doesn't change, it just keeps attacking. Can someone confirm this?

[ November 02, 2003, 11:38: Message edited by: henk brouwer ]

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5