.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:19 PM

Corporal

nrasch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rock the Cradle--Noob Only! (RUNNING)

Hrmm, I dunno about sending stuff to Arco. I tried many times to enter a NAP with him, and he keeps talking of 'when I need more land...' (i.e. I'll be his next target soon).

Personally, I've enjoyed dealing w/ Ryleh, so I'd rather lose to him than Arco.

If Arco wants to sign a long-term NAP, then I'm happy to send him some pearls. Otherwise Ryleh can do as he wants; he's made no aggressive moves towards me.

- Pangaea
Old January 2nd, 2011, 03:29 PM

Sergeant

Nosantee is on a distinguished road

Haha you misunderstand. It's not so I can empower my astrologers or forge expensive astral gear, it'd all go to dispeling FotA

If everyone still alive donated 50 pearls I'm sure we could get it down and dead.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

"Otherwise Ryleh can do as he wants; he's made no aggressive moves towards me."

the thing is, putting up the Forge of the Ancients is an aggressive move against you, and the rest of us! Forge of the Ancients gives him a 50% discount on all items! and it stacks with hammers(Dwarven as well as the special artifact ones)! imagine what he can do with all those items, and the ability to forge artifacts(construction 8, which he has). that's why the Forge of the Ancients is considered as 1 of the game breaking globals, up there with Astral Nexus, Arcane Corruption, Utterdark, etc. casting any of those basically means "I win the game unless everyone gangs up on me to stop me", now it's up to us to gang up on him and stop him, just like he asked us to do...
Old January 2nd, 2011, 06:50 PM

Sergeant

Colonial is on a distinguished road

so forge of the anchients plus hammer of the forge lord would mean a 100% reduction, but the maximum is 90% so that is what it gives, correct?

so even if you have no gems left over, you might as well forge a 5 gem thing for free, and if you have a few go with a ring of wizardry for 6 gems or that pimp-assed death armer for 4 gems?

yeah, sounds like a deal...

===========================

right so in the list of 'game breaking' artifacts, most of them personally f**k up every other empire (like utterdark or astral corruption), with the exception of this one and the arcane nexus. this one we know, the nexus gives its owner 1 pearl for every 2 gems (actual gems, not pearls or slaves) spent by every player that term. this often means 100+ pearls and 2 wishes per turn.

the one we are dealing with means equiping a mad SC which would normally cost 40-50 gems to equip for like a tenner...

Last edited by Colonial; January 2nd, 2011 at 07:02 PM..
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM

Corporal

CthulhuDreams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lackGu4rd View Post
"Otherwise Ryleh can do as he wants; he's made no aggressive moves towards me."

the thing is, putting up the Forge of the Ancients is an aggressive move against you, and the rest of us! Forge of the Ancients gives him a 50% discount on all items! and it stacks with hammers(Dwarven as well as the special artifact ones)! imagine what he can do with all those items, and the ability to forge artifacts(construction 8, which he has). that's why the Forge of the Ancients is considered as 1 of the game breaking globals, up there with Astral Nexus, Arcane Corruption, Utterdark, etc. casting any of those basically means "I win the game unless everyone gangs up on me to stop me", now it's up to us to gang up on him and stop him, just like he asked us to do...
Sure, if I wasn't running in third place this might be a concern. But let's face it.

I am not currently winning the game. I might, if you are GENEROUS consider that I am running a distant third. Why would you gang bang me in this circumstance? I'm not an immediate threat. There is a future in which I will be a threat, but it is a distant future indeed.

Colonial and Nosantee currently winning the game. I know you are pissed at me personally Blackguard, because, along with Man and Colonial I am currently attacking you. Sorry, bad situation with the guy you are subbing for who decided to be a bit of a tool.

Nothing I can do about that. Someone else in this game is already packing the steel ovens, someone else is running at over twice my RP, and has been for the entire game, and someone else is about to summon end game SCs (I do not have access to any SCs atm except golems).

The only person who is really incentivised to attack me this game is you:

Nosantee (Current game leader, imho) is already fighting two people, and has to watch colonial

Colonial is already fighting you (he can stop though), but he has to bulk up enough to be equal to Nosantee once Nosantee finishes eating Man and Shinu

Abysia/Pangea: Attacking me ensures that we both lose the game. Taking me down will hurt, and I will make them pay. If they took me out, they are going to be looking at Nosantee or Colonial having a game winning lead.

Of course, you are in a bad position with me. Indeed, kicking me out of your turf is probably a great move. I respect this.

It is also the reason you are calling a lynch mob on me. But let's be absolutely clear: The only reason to kill me is to get me off Marigon's back, if you think that will help ensure that colonial will not get a run away lead.

To that end, I am willing to talk turkey on a peace deal if you are

Additionally, to ensure that the delta I gain from the forge will be controllable, I extend offers of discounted forging to everyone who is not currently yanking my chain. It has to REMAIN profitable for me, but I will forge you you

Regards,

The Squids.

Last edited by CthulhuDreams; January 3rd, 2011 at 10:00 AM..
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM

Sergeant

Nosantee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuDreams View Post
Clever words to decieve
What does a clam cost at 75% using a normal hammer and FotA?

4W 1N

How many of his mages have 3W and 1N for clam production?
All of his slave mages

How crazy is his W income? He's under water... How good is his E income for hammers? He cast FotA didn't he? Just some thoughts for some of you to keep in mind

In 5 turns he'll have 50 clams.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:25 AM

Corporal

Wow, now you're deliberately misrepresenting the truth even after I corrected you in IRC.

Only 1/4 slave mages has a nature random. This is very much different from 'all my slave mages' For further reference, all my slave mages with a nature random can make clams without the forge

This should tell you I don't have 10 slave mages with nature randoms, and it should also tell you that your conspiracy theories are completely loopy.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:33 AM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

CthulhuDreams, you got it all backwards. I don't have any beef with you personally, nor with Man, his invasion is pathetic and I will crush it soon anyway without too much problem. I do have a beef with propaganda and bull**** though, and that's what you're currently trying to use.

FotA is a game breaking global, ask anybody on IRC and he'll tell you that. you say you're currently 3rd, let me ask you, in what? income, gems, provinces, forts, military size, research? oh yeah, and there's this little other problem, being that the graphs are off... so what exactly do you base this claim upon? other than propaganda and bull**** that is...?

"I am not currently winning the game" I just subbed into this game, so my information is very limited, but with the graphs being off I'd say it's safe to say nobody really knows who the current winner is, if there is even 1 nation that is a clear winner at this point.

"Why would you gang bang me in this circumstance?" circumstance? no offense but you brought this onto yourself as soon as you put the FotA up, don't blame everyone else for your wrong doings, accept the consequences of your actions.

"I'm not an immediate threat. There is a future in which I will be a threat, but it is a distant future indeed." future threat? last time I checked you have a golem in my lands with the Sickle(1 of the better artifacts available) which means that you have const8 researched and quite a few artifacts already(as the Sickle is not the first artifact you usually forge). being an UW nation you had a very easy time to remote search all your provinces with Voice of Tiamat, so you should also have a hefty gem income at this stage. const8+massive gem income+FotA=fatal combination. oh yeah, and I didn't even mention that we're playing vanilla, so your hidden gem income is probably huge as well, which makes the "circumstances" as you wanted to call them, so much worse.

as for the rest of the information you willingly shared with us. I have no idea whether it's factual information or mere propaganda on your end, after all the bull**** you mixed in I, and everyone else, need to take it with a grain of salt. however, if what you say is true, than you just made the worst move you could have made. you painted a large red target circle on your forehead instead of divert the attention away from you. so now everyone must focus on you because of the FotA before you spin out of control, instead of the other "game leaders" as you say(again, assuming what you said here is in fact the truth).

so, I have a proposition for you. either you dispel your own global(either kill the caster or waste pearls actually dispelling it) this turn, or suffer a gang bang to bring it, and you, down. if by next turn we still see the FotA up consider it as open season on you.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM

Sergeant

Colonial is on a distinguished road

first, 'hidden gem income'... unless I'm mistaken, its all hidden.

second, his analysis of the power levels isn't too inaccurate, as of last turn I would have said:

1. Arco
2. Marignan
3. Bandar and R'yleh more or less tied

of course I have no better information than anyone else. That is heavily influenced by out respective territories.

so yeah, the forge is kind of painting a big target on his head...
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:56 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lackGu4rd View Post
"I am not currently winning the game" I just subbed into this game, so my information is very limited, but with the graphs being off I'd say it's safe to say nobody really knows who the current winner is, if there is even 1 nation that is a clear winner at this point.
It's easy enough to work out - Marigon probably has the most limited scouting position.

But, if as you say you have no idea who is winning, maybe you should just start asking people. I'm happy to cough up scouting information to you, and you can independently confirm it with whomever you like. You can also confirm that the only land provinces I have are those near you, and thus I am not actually that big.

Then you can confirm that I'm not spouting propaganda and bull****. If you also ask someone what turn I conquered Atlantis' capital (which is a chokepoint blocking me from 10 ocean provinces) you can even tell I was not doing very well. Despite Atlantis staling 3 turns at the start of the game Marigon had conqueror-ed the entire south continent before I had captured my 11th province.

I rate you lower than Bandar because I figure you don't have many mages and Bandar has lots, but obviously YMMV. As for the target thing:

I have to do something DRAMATIC to win the game, as I am behind in all aspects. My personal view is I am less than 50% of a front running research per turn count, and I don't have enough gold to max out my mage production so I am falling further behind with every turn.

I'm betting that Colonial, Nosantee and yourself have other fish to fry. Which you do. And you all know it.

Last edited by CthulhuDreams; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:09 PM..