.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 7th, 2022, 03:12 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Ukraine 2021(?)

Germans were saving that East German equipment for a "rainy day" which is what probably happened inside those ammo bunkers!?! That's my theory anyway.

KMW however, has offered from their own stockpile to send I BELIEVE the number was 50 GEPHARD SPAA to the Ukraine. They were (Almost 2 weeks ago now.) prepping them for shipment to include some minor updates to Radar and FCS.

1. Pending Govt. approval which is likely now.

2. How to setup training on the systems for the Ukrainian troops are the issues of concern at this time.

Ashamed about the STRELA's if true, they at least might've been effective to a degree against the Russia helicopters.

I feel good about my assessment of I made about the fighting qualities of the Ukrainian military prior to the invasion, they took what everyone gave them training wise to include an extensive portion devoted to "nationalism" and "pride of service" to their country.

I'm under no illusions here (Though I really hope I'm wrong and they pull off the 1936 Winter War Finland won.) but the situation is very dyer I think in the long term. That being said, I at the same time feel Putin waited 8yrs too long. He should've kept going in 2014. And before someone says something, I'm glad he didn't.

Also have seen several reports earlier on that the Russians are running around with a fair amount T-72B3 tanks and I've seen a couple of videos where the turrets had been blown off of them (~3 or 4. Usually, a sign they were taken out by top attack ATGM, ours or UK's. How? By the ERA Pkg. on them for one.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 7th, 2022 at 03:24 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 7th, 2022, 03:59 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ukraine 2021(?)

Read about this tank T-64BV Obr.2022 tank. was tested by Ukrainians in 8th of February even if existing in one example they don't have time to modernised more I'm certain was rushed to the front unit https://thedeaddistrict.blogspot.com...-tank-has.html
the same with T-64BVK commander tank upgrade https://thedeaddistrict.blogspot.com...d-t-64bvk.html
Old March 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM

Private

Mr_Bill_5000 is on a distinguished road

"The Outskirts of Mykolaiev"

A Steel Panthers MBT Scenario (Slot #551 in the "Scenarios" list)

Location : Small town of Mykolaiev'ske just SE of Mykolaiev, Ukraine (small map), March 2022.

Battle Type : Russia (east) Advance vs. Ukraine (west) Delay.

Setting : Forward elements of Russian South Front battle forces, trying to cut off Ukraine's Black Sea coast from the rest of the country, try to take this small town, which is right on the way to the larger city of Mykolaiev (formerly Russian Nikolaev).

As most of Ukraine's conventional army has had to be retained to defend the Kyiv / Kharkiv front up north, local Ukrainian infantry forces -- supplemented by a rag-tag force of Ukrainian "Territorial Guard" and "Foreign Legion" units -- attempts to hold off the advancing Russians as long as possible.

For more of a challenge, I suggest that you play the Ukrainian side, although the scenario has been play-tested and is winnable as either side, with the caveat that a "Draw" based on points score should be counted as a "Marginal Victory" for the Ukrainians. Make sure to read the scenario notes, they are extensive!

And let's all hope for a speedy and just end to this conflict. Far too many innocent people have died in it, already. War ain't a game, unfortunately.

Sincerely

Mr. Bill
Attached Files
File Type: zip SP-MBT_Scenario-The_Outskirts_of_Mykolaev.zip (46.4 KB, 83 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Bill_5000 For This Useful Post:
Old March 8th, 2022, 07:56 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I will be interested in any feedback on how this plays

A new addition to both games this year is something I have long wanted and that is to have accurate information about actually total "troop strength" This report appears when you purchase units for a scenario, campaign or generated battle

While the unit cost for the Russian forces vs Ukrainian is 8922/3415

The resulting troop strength for both sides is identical which is quite a feat to have done that without planning to

EDIT. I have copied this post and the one with the scenario to the SCENARIOS subfolder
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UKR_RUS.png
Views:	1441
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	16637  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 8th, 2022 at 08:35 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 8th, 2022, 08:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Germans were saving that East German equipment for a "rainy day" which is what probably happened inside those ammo bunkers!?! That's my theory anyway.
Yeah that does make sense. I recall from back in the 80's buying surplus 8mm ammo that had been OBVIOUSLY sand blasted to remove storage corrosion. Interestingly, I do not recall many misfires from it

Quote:
KMW however, has offered from their own stockpile to send I BELIEVE the number was 50 GEPHARD SPAA to Ukraine. They were (Almost 2 weeks ago now.) prepping them for shipment to include some minor updates to Radar and FCS.

https://militaryleak.com/2022/03/02/...ag-to-ukraine/

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 8th, 2022, 10:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Posted just as an FYI since this thread has "evolved". Who knew the pandemic could be viewed as the "good times"

https://tass.com/politics/1418197?ut...rer=google.com

Quote:
MOSCOW, March 7. /TASS/. The Government of the Russian Federation has approved on Monday a list of foreign states and territories that commit unfriendly actions against Russia, its companies, and citizens.

The list includes the United States and Canada, the EU states, the UK (including Jersey, Anguilla, the British Virgin Islands, Gibraltar), Ukraine, Montenegro, Switzerland, Albania, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, North Macedonia, and also Japan, South Korea, Australia, Micronesia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Taiwan (considered a territory of China, but ruled by its own administration since 1949).

The countries and territories mentioned in the list imposed or joined the sanctions against Russia after the start of a special military operation of the Russian Armed Forces in Ukraine.

The government noted that according to this decree, Russian citizens and companies, the state itself, its regions and municipalities that have foreign exchange obligations to foreign creditors from the list of unfriendly countries will be able to pay them in rubles. The new temporary procedure applies to payments exceeding 10 mln rubles per month (or a similar amount in foreign currency).
I guess that means all that oil and gas can be paid for in rubles as well

Last edited by DRG; March 8th, 2022 at 10:36 AM..
Old March 8th, 2022, 10:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:

Ashamed about the STRELA's if true, they at least might've been effective to a degree against the Russia helicopters.
What seemed odd about that report from the start was they ( theoretically ) would not have had them all that long but reported 700 didn't work...... that's a lot of missiles flying around. I realize there are a lot of targets but still, it seems odd in that short of time it would be known that out of 2700 reported that they PLANNED to send on March 3 that it would be known in so short a time that 700 failed to fire

It doesn't add up

Old March 8th, 2022, 11:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

I see that base Ukraine stats will get a massive rework next update. I've checked right now and in 2022 they are 52/63 XP/morale. They definitely were too harsh on Ukrainians, although I'm not sure if 68/70 is closer to the truth. I'd tweak them more towards 66/68.
Old March 8th, 2022, 04:26 PM

Corporal

carp is on a distinguished road

How is everyone adjusting for the dismal performance of Russian armor in UA? I've lowered quite a bit of numbers, but I can't quite get the APS to give me any flexibility. Breakdowns I can't seem to influence either.
Old March 8th, 2022, 05:22 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

What everyone is seeing is what the Ukrainians and their supporters want you to see and I am NOT saying it's wrong but it is the reality.

Nobody who is not there can possibly be is seeing the whole picture from the POV of both sides and I doubt that few who are there are seeing the whole picture either.

We see lots of wrecked Russian equipment but the Russians keep making gains ( or so it seems albeit slowly. It's almost if they want to make as big a mess as possible )

Any modern MBT taken from the side with an ATGM or even one of the better AT weapons is going to end up a flaming wreck and you can test that theory in the game yourself

Yes we upped the EXP/MOR of the Ukrainians as it was originally based on 2014 performance but we are NOT going to endlessly change it so WYSIWYG and if you don't like it that's why there is a troops quality button in the preferences screen and you can dial it up or down however you think is right

There was an interesting comment about that in a MSM article

Quote:
But attrition is not a one-way street, and what is far less clear is the level of losses sustained by Ukrainian forces, with no equivalent social media avalanche from the Russian side parading this, and Ukraine understandably not wanting to advertise its setbacks.
EDIT. What I heard on the news tonight ( FWIW ) is that it's been estimated ( but I don't know by who ) and Russia has lost 10% of the forces that went in... but so has Ukraine ( and the bigger battalions win )

Also just read Russia lost a Major General recently

Last edited by DRG; March 9th, 2022 at 11:10 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: