Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Ban-a-thon - Page 4 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ban-a-thon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brooks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post

I truly wish that thread had not been deleted... Now it can be used to justify any opinion. With it gone, people can say that I said anything.
Hi Verjigorm:

What was the thread title? We never delete anything on purpose. The thread still exists. It was just moved to a private area.

Regards,
It was called communion something... It was a thread that looked like requests for strategy assistance.

Restoration of the thread, even if it was locked, would be appreciated as it would at least allow people to make their own judgments rather than relying on hearsay.
Fair enough Verjigorm. I will have it moved back but it will be locked, as it was just a form of spam. The thread title is "Managing Communions - the sombre challenge". The thread is here.

Best regards,

Last edited by Tim Brooks; May 4th, 2010 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Added Link and Thread Name
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tim Brooks For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:44 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road

Squirrelloid and pyg, you are both trying your best to push our buttons. If you'd like to continue to enjoy use of our boards, it's time to cease the games.

Annette
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:48 AM

Corporal

Raiel is on a distinguished road

I fail to see how Squirrelloid's response was in any way deserving of such a warning, as it came across as a simple recounting of events... but this is still progress. A public offense and a public reprimand. Now no one will wonder how long Squirrel has been a "continueing problem".
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Since a lot of ink has been spilled over what happened, my impression on the communion thread:

blah blah blah
It was mentioned in the thread that English was not the native language of some of the people that got angry over the thread. Sarcasm often doesn't translate well through written text, and if they truly did not speak English as a first language, can you imagine how hard it would be to "get" the joke, especially since not everyone spends as much time on the forum as some of us.

Are you suggesting that the people who got upset in that thread be punished for not getting the joke?
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:56 AM

Corporal

Raiel is on a distinguished road

On more thing while we're on the subject and then I'm done with it...

It may be obvious to many that I am on Sombre's side. But here's why:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...ell#post739462

A moderator on this forum threatened to make Sombre's life a living hell.

This is so out of line that I cannot even begin to express my disgust. When I read this I was furious and intent on contacting the admins about this. However, I waited 'till I had a chance to get Sombre's take on it... he wasn't happy, but he was nowhere near as incensed as I. So, I didn't pursue it any further... but if your curious where Sombre's "lack of respect for the mods" originated, I suspect you need look no further than the above referenced post.
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:59 AM

BANNED USER

pyg is on a distinguished road

What are you all talking about, neither Squirrelloid nor myself have posted anything in this thread.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
Squirrelloid and pyg, you are both trying your best to push our buttons. If you'd like to continue to enjoy use of our boards, it's time to cease the games.

Annette
Annette,

There was a question as to what happened in the thread. The thread is now restored and thus I have endeavored to answer the questions with citations. I fail to see how my post is any more out of line than previous discussion on said thread, especially as it involves actual evidence rather than hearsay. Further, I fail to see how contributing to a substantial discussion is a game.

I have been generally reasonable and articulated my position, my questions, and my objections logically with respect to recent events when the situation warranted.

I will confess to participating in some punning and humor in the referenced thread. If this was against the ToS I will gladly cease with the punning.

If you would care to be more specific about how my conduct has been objectionable, then perhaps I will be able to satisfy you.

Sincerely,
Squirrelloid

P.S. Since my post is deleted, would you kindly delete all other posts in this thread discussing what occurred in the referenced thread? I can't imagine they can possibly be appropriate if mine wasn't.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.

Last edited by Squirrelloid; May 5th, 2010 at 01:14 AM..
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodstamp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Since a lot of ink has been spilled over what happened, my impression on the communion thread:

blah blah blah
It was mentioned in the thread that English was not the native language of some of the people that got angry over the thread. Sarcasm often doesn't translate well through written text, and if they truly did not speak English as a first language, can you imagine how hard it would be to "get" the joke, especially since not everyone spends as much time on the forum as some of us.

Are you suggesting that the people who got upset in that thread be punished for not getting the joke?
I did put a big disclaimer on how much I thought Verjigorm was responsible.

Peter was directly and specifically attacking and baiting Maerlande. Even if english is somehow not his first language, that is no defense of his conduct. And if you actually read my post you'd know that. (Edit: Not that you can read it anymore apparently, although the original thread speaks for itself).

Edit Edit: I also never suggested anyone get punished.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:04 AM

Corporal

Rookierookie is on a distinguished road

That's kind of like trying to pickpocket someone, and then complaining when he beats you up.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:09 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Nice to see the Communions thread restored. It was a hackfest, but it deserved to be seen.

I occasionally post something useful.
Closed Thread