BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old August 10th, 2021, 07:33 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road
Default Win10

I've started playing the game on Win10 (windowed mode). Everything seems to be working as it should, but I've noticed it doesn't use the whole screen anymore. It leaves a thin space or "margin" on the top and sides between the window and the edge of the screen. Is this normal? Is there a fix?

I also noticed what I think is a typo in the screen that asks for the installation path (V5.0). In that screen it first says that "the game is now set up to write to a folder that is NOT under the regular (Program Files) hierarchy", and that "this is deliberate for Windows after Vista and Seven", but below in the same screen it says that "if you have Windows Vista, seven or later DO NOT install the game into the Program Files paths". I think the last part should not refer to Vista and Seven, as it may be contradictory. I used the Program Files path on Win7 for years without any issue.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by RVPERTVS; August 10th, 2021 at 08:34 PM..
Old August 10th, 2021, 09:12 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Win10

The thin space or "margin"on the edge with win 10 s is what we've been seeing since win 10 was released as well. As for your experience with win 7.... That advice is what we found worked best for the majority..... there are always excpetions

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 10th, 2021, 09:22 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

My last computer had a graphics card (forget which), a simple one with not much memory and it used the whole desktop. That was windows 8, and upgrading to 10 it operated the same way.

The latest computer has intel integrated graphics and w10 and it uses the full height of the desktop, but leaves 4-6(?) pixels unused on the left and right margins.

My thoughts are that it is either the simple shared-memory intel integrated graphics, or Windows 10 is misreportint the windows margin size by using its "fat" borders as the basis. But it worked fine in the PC with a "real" GFX card...

The current box was supposed to be an interim machine, it was just an ex-corporate box the local PC shop had on offer when the previous HD decided to go titsup. It's lasted almost 3 years as interim things tend to do. But it is time for a new box, I'll maybe get one with a standalone GFX card again, though these seem pricey these days - you could ge a 1 GB one a few years back for 50-60 quid.

As to the install folder - keeping away from Program Files is a very good idea post windows XP. Some people may get it to work fine (and properly process upgrades by putting these in the game folder rather than the "personal" user folder) but that's windows for you. Everyones mileage varies.
Old August 10th, 2021, 10:19 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Don and Andy! I'll try with different hardware.

I think the contradiction is there either way. If you're recommending the path change for Vista and Seven users too, then the installer should not then say "this is deliberate for Windows *after* Vista and Seven". I believe "after" should not be there.