BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 1st, 2021, 04:33 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road
Default Left Mouse Button issue

Okay, I have noticed (in both games) that when using the left mouse button some times allows the AU ran units to use OP fire vs opening the window to tell me some info about the target unit. This happens several times in different scenarios and battle fights. OOBs or year etc... don't seem to be the issue since I have seen it happen regardless of the country or year.

I engage a unit, then after watching the messages about hits doing their damage or not, etc... I will use the left mouse button to check things like how many men did the infantry unit start with and to see what weapons, but instead of the small window popping up the AI ran unit opens fire and in some cases kills my unit or gets in some nice damaging hits. It's random when it does happen, and at first, I thought it was the scenario, but then it happened several times in a random battle fight. I have seen it happen also in SPWW2.
Old May 1st, 2021, 05:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Left Mouse Button issue

Next time you see what you are referring to get a screen shot and post it. I have no idea what you are seeing.

The left button selects a unit only. If you want info on enemy units you left click on them then right click to get the info screen then press I to get the full info. I have never seen left click do anything else

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 1st, 2021, 05:27 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Next time you see what you are referring to get a screen shot and post it. I have no idea what you are seeing.

The left button selects a unit only. If you want info on enemy units you left click on them then right click to get the info screen then press I to get the full info. I have never seen left click do anything else
Okay I will get a screen shot.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 03:35 AM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road

Are you sure you're not doing spotting via unit facing? The AI detects this and it will sometimes call up op-fire. Happens usually do very short ranges though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigeena For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2021, 05:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigeena View Post
Are you sure you're not doing spotting via unit facing? The AI detects this and it will sometimes call up op-fire. Happens usually do very short ranges though.

AH!.... yes indeed that does sound like what's happening

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 2nd, 2021, 05:22 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

This seems to be what he is complaining about.

Now, if you turn your units in place the AI can take an opfire shot. Beause turning is movement, and turining also is spotting.

From the 2017 release notes:
Quote:
Units which manually turn to face a new hex may now draw opfire. This affects both infantry and vehicles at different ranges and there are random variables we tossed in to make in unpredictable but generally ( and the randoms we added really do mean "generally" ) in hex infantry movement could possibly attract opfire from enemy units up to 3 -5 hexes away (generally...). Vehicles shifting hull or turrets around could attract opfire from enemy units up to 10 hexes away ( and maybe a bit more... ). And all that depends on the enemy's training , morale, suppression level, vision rating and battle visibility etc. AS WELL AS your units training , morale, suppression level, visibility etc.. This new game feature was originally intended to stop players from turning their tanks in place to present their heaviest armour towards the most likely threat without attracting enemy attention. That was expanded to include swinging the turret as obviously that kind of movement if spotted by the enemy would naturally draw fire in a real battle situation and then that was expanded to include infantry as well. The bottom line is if you just want to "look around" to check your LOS use the } HotKey (Unit View) otherwise you risk drawing unwanted attention to your unit .
In the preferences menu turn the button marked Opfire on Turn OFF if you do not want this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2021, 10:20 AM

BANNED USER

Not turning the units, I fire, and then I check the enemy AI unit and they somehow get OP fire. Also NOT complaining, it's an oddity that has happened a few times and I am trying to figure out why. Complaining would be saying it sucks and leaving it at that.

I do not see my unit chance facing or move, so it is a bit odd that the AI can open fire when doing a left button function. As was said I will get a screen shot and save game the next time it happens.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:03 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

You said at the start
Quote:
I have noticed (in both games) that when using the left mouse button some times allows the AU ran units to use OP fire vs opening the window to tell me some info about the target unit
Left-clicking on an enemy unit targets and fires your unit. Right-clicking on an enemy unit opens the mini info screen. if you left-click on an enemy unit or right-click on your unit you might ( maybe ) draw opfire.

If you can get a save game that repeatably shows what you are describing that would be very good

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: