BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Private

Sole33 is on a distinguished road
Default crash while trying to add a ship mod

i was wondering if someone here would recognize if maybe im doing something wrong, or if its just a general problem i don't know about.

i've been trying to add a ship from se5 into star fury, its the hiiagrin destroyer from homeworld, but someone thankfully made a homeworld set for se5. as far as i can tell i've done everything right, so im hoping maybe its a complication with .x files for the two different games or maybe this particular set?

what happens is an access violation in starfury.exe when i get to the ship selection just after choosing campaign difficulty, particularly when i click on Terran Destroyer Mark I in the menu.

what i have done:
-i made a component layout with slot modder and added the exported text to Main_ComponentConfigurationSlotsPlayer.txt
-i created the 3 bmp files, shield and the 2 portrait pics, all the correct sizes
-copied the .x file to /XFiles
-eventually moved every single texture from the se5 hiiagrin folder to /images when i was thinking maybe the model is not finding a texture or something
-added a section in SpaceObjects_XFiles.txt
-added a section in Main_StartingPlayerShips.txt then when that didn't work i tried adding it to Main_PurchaseShipsPlayer.txt

As far as i can tell everything points in the right direction, i played around with a few other troublesome things and it seems if you make an error in the .txt files it doesn't cause the game to crash like that most of the time, just a nasty error message.

im at a loss for wtf is wrong, has anyone else had experience with game crashes at the ship selection/captains name screen?